ESFS are worthless

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Roarboar, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Roarboar

There is absolutely nothing esfs are good for anymore. The moment I get out of the warpgate I am dead.
    They should have nerfed liberators not ESFS, as it was libs causing all the trouble.
    The only thing my ESF is still good for is to fly to the base closest to the warpgate, plant a proximity mine there and wait a few hours for a kill.
    • Up x 1
  2. Zhorg

Oh look, an air QQ thread - it's been a while!
    • Up x 8
  3. Roarboar

AA deterrent, in the sense that it deters pilots from this game, to a game where air is actually still useful.
    • Up x 1
  4. K4loyan

I guess we can all switch to liberators now and bomb the **** out of everything :D At least it will be hilarious when this "air patch" backfires.
  5. Zhorg

Air is still useful. Just spend a little more time in your ESF and relearn the hovering pod spam to a bit less hovering and a bit more actual flying
  6. TheScapegoat

Please do not listen to this advice, I'm enjoying the increased XP gain on my AA units.
  7. irewolf

I can fly and get kills with my ESF just fine. I didn't use composite armour before the patch and I still don't. Got a good 100ish kills playing mostly in my ESF last night and got downed by AA once, when I was hover spamming a sundie in a vehicle bay about 3 feet off the ground. Really don't see what all the rage is about.
    • Up x 2
  8. Dis

Don't worry, in less than a month there will be about 50 people per server (outside of TE on Matherson, who will continue to ghost hack bases in full force until Buzz admits defeat and serves the goodbye fruit punch). You'll have no problem flying around the empty skies then, enjoying the beautiful bloom and lens flare of an abandoned world.
  9. irewolf

and what do you base this random notion off? I play on the Miller server and last night there was only one cont you didn't have to que for. Friends that are non-members had to que just to log on.
    • Up x 2
  10. RobotNinja

Okay...you stay out of ESFs...I'll keep flying mine. Happy trails.
    • Up x 4
  11. Mietz

Mountains OP?
    • Up x 7
  12. Sarge790

Fighters are still fine. A single max can now deter a few fighters and the odd lib. Which is good imho as it means you're less likely to get swamped yet one person can't control the air space.
  13. Baconite

I killed 6-7 skyguards in about 90 minutes last night in my ESF. Funny how stealth armor was always better than composite when dealing with flak. Fly low, come in from behind, surprise rocket pods!

Got shot down once by flak. The other 3 deaths were collisions/dogfighting.
    • Up x 5
  14. Kevorkian

Sounds like an ability deficiency. Get better.

Libs are getting nerfed within the coming week. So don't plan on switching to Lib for easy kills, you'll probably fail on that too.
  15. Jestunhi

Welcome to the forums, where if the whiney entitled people aren't happy then they insist the game is moments from death. ;)
    • Up x 2
  16. irewolf

Hmm if they are really bad pilots, maybe. I flew over a base in my ESF, came in low and fast to spot first. Saw 2 AA MAXs, came back round a mountain and downed one with rockpod spam, was able to leave before the other could kill me (or even come close to it tbh), repaired and came back and got the other one. Then proceeded to farm the infantry.

I will admit, base turrets in paticular hurt ALOT more, but, they are stationary and if you move quicklly they won't actually kill you. If you keep chasing or try to pass over them they will.

Main point being all this "OMG AA is so OP, one AA max clears the skies?!!?" (sorry not saying you are saying that just pointing out this common misconception) Is just BS and this is from someone who flies one way or another 90% of the time in game and I didn't use composite armour before and I still don't use it now.
    • Up x 3
  17. redevil98

And so it begins , after the first couple of patches to address a few minor imbalanceing issues we get the inevitable counter arguments from those ****ERS who until these issues got sorted out were ******* silent and racking up the kills while ******* off the majority of the player base.

Well it wont stop there. Because the game was by far from perfect on launch and some people at lauch were happy and others were not , we will now face an endless stream of buff/nerf/balanceing post until SOE completey ***** up whats left off the game it has left.

Its unavoidable and i for one am looking foward to the completley ****** up community tearing itself to shreads as we witness this downward spiral into mediocre game oblivion.

Man this isint going to be pretty. Let the show commence.
  18. FateJH

This is why I've been arguing that the increased emphasis on VTOL mechanics are bad: they've been interfering with the pilot's tactical strategy to handle threats, and the recent lack of effective and accessible ground-based AA has has spoiled them. Dogfighting has done a better job of teaching, but even then the VTOL mechanics get in the way, and dogfighting should be counted as luxury.
  19. Fligsnurt

I don't get why people are crying over ESF nerfs. They are still fine, I have nothing on my ESF and I still get xp and kills. And that is even with me being terrible at dog fighting. Learn to do hit and run or hover from long distances. So what you can't rofl anything in 2 seconds anymore if they are paying attention. I'm doing just fine and I am a mediocre pilot at best, adapt and over come.
    • Up x 1
  20. Roarboar

Sure you might find afk base cappers in the middle of a wasteland, but other than that youre food for everyone whos within 1000 meters of your location.