Quarz Ridge on Miller last night

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tharrn, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Tharrn

Just wanted to say thanks to [BMC] and their friends for a fantastic show last night. Although I was on the receiving end it was really good fun and what Planetside is about for me. At first peiple were 'LOL are their tanks lining up to be slaughtered down there' but when half a dozen Galaxies came in in formation to airdrop the infantry into the base I knew our loose mob was doomed... And we were. For a while at least.

Hat off, soldier on :)
  2. PharmD

I always end up having great fights around Quartz ridge. I think it's the great base layout and distance from surrounding bases. It also sort of acts as kind of a bottle neck for the western part of Indar. Everyone kind of gets funneled through it.
  3. huller

It was a while since i had seen a que to get on the server, this is a good sign for population numbers. Sadly, I had to wait two hours in que to get to indar before I could join my outfit in the fight; I hope someone recoded it because no doubt the battles were epic.
  4. kretaro

it was TVA, Vanu Alliance(MDK,ISK,RPS,VC,LDD..), against the terran alliance(BRTD,INI,OCB...)
    If anyone one to join the vanu alliance visit www.zureyon.co.uk
    Also sankako game was streaming last night

at 1:29:00 you can hear swaring agaist TVA :)
  5. Cortosis

We were also there RPS rocking out the strategic giraffes with a full platoon we might of been watching the stream and gathering intel off it xD
  6. 13lackCats

Connery had some incrazy fights yesterday too. Hope to continue today.
  7. Qaz

damnit, i missed it, but it's good to see this level of organisation. hope this will be a repeat event
  8. Dictatorfish

I am noticing that there is a lot of love for Miller going on. Can anyone tell me what it is about Miller that makes is so much more competitive than the other servers? I have only ever spent a decent amount of time on Miller so I don't know what the other servers are like.
  9. irewolf

Think it is was just a partly random thing, but, there are a lot of PS1 verts and a very healthy population on Miller. I mean, Lib farming for example on Miller is hard, as there are alot of AA camps, well organised, and ESFS fleet, again organised. Basically, quite a few good big outfits, very decent population most nights, makes for lots of fun time :D
  10. Tigga

I'm not sure if it's against TVA or TVA's spies. People who livestream do it for the whole community, and it's a lot more fun if they're livestreaming without delay, and can act with a platoon. You stream snipe and you force them to go offline or put restrictions on their streams, hurting the whole community and the game as a whole.

I say this as a regular RTS streamer. If I get wind of somebody stream sniping, the stream goes offline instantly. It stays off until the match is over. This ends up with a lot of pissed off people who were enjoying watching, but it's the only solution. Net loss.
  11. Panssarikauha

Many players from the old Ps1 Werner server have migrated there. And yeah, having a large pool to draw players from is nice
  12. Rolfski

Former PS1 outfits jointly decided that they would continue to fight each other on Miller. Also, European outfits are generally not as big as their US counterparts.
    • Up x 1
  13. Dotz0r

There was a lot more than BRTD , INI , OCB - there was BMC, GOON, and waay too many to count. Really nice to see TR on EU miller finally working together at a command level. A good step-in until some sort of cr5- like structure appears. Never had i had so much fun against the VS it became apparent that we were to ignore the NC and have a blast with the VS. It was a shame that we could not bring to bear all outfits involved due to TR pop lock :(

For guy who asked why miller is so competitive - its because it has the old werner (ps1) community at its core. You know you have a community within a community when before the game was still in its beta multi faction outfits discussed / debated by other means on what server (on beta) and what server to all go to when ps2 was finally released. If your an old time Werner server player, then EU MILLER is for you!. Last nights efforts by the TR and those Spandex wearing fisheads really was what planetside should be like every night! - sent me down memory lane a good few times.

Stream sniping was abit meh - but it would be no fun if we steamrolled a cont. VS put up a really good fight with the Quartz / West highlands not changing much.

And to OP - i was one of those guys who dropped onto the gen at quartz in prep for our armor to move up. If you watch the link someone on here posted about sankakugames stream you can watch it from our perspective - the 3 BRTD galaxies to then sankaku look behind to see 3 other friendly outfit gals in formation. We were curious to why everyone was getting ordered to quartz ridge, when we landed we thought "not that many..." then you rendered in your dozens :(

A good night, best fights i have seen in a while.

EU Miller - GOGOGOGO
    • Up x 1
  14. irewolf

First, I should point out this was a friendly jab, but also, it is awsome :D
  15. Wardy

Yup EOTS was tasked also to drop 4 galaxies full of shock troopers onto Quartz Ridge to blown the gennie for the armor columns to push through.

Was a fantastic event by all outfits involved and I believe if any other TR outfit wants to join us, then they are welcome.

What was also great was before we got the quartz gennie down we got swamped by scythes and libs. One request for air support and an air squadron came to our rescue. Was a beautiful sight.
  16. dnaRIP

Thanks to all the TR outfits that made this such an excellent event! I also would like to thank the VS at Quartz Ridge for putting up such an organized defense! That was the best siege that I have been involved in with PS2.
  17. IMTasty

As a guy who had to leave pretty early on, I can only say I am so sad I missed most of the battle. However the first moment we reached Quartz Ridge was pretty epic too. We had rolled over the other areas, easy, little resistance, then suddenly we get to Quarts Ridge, a very defensible location and bottleneck, not expecting to find much resistance there either...

...and that's when we found out that the Vanu had been preparing. I was one of the first guys who got there (flying mossie) and I still suffer from PTSD from the Scythe and AA reception. Killed one and two of them crashed into each others though before I died in the glorious name of the Terran Republic, typical spandex fish head with tight booty embarrassment. :)

Thumbs up for everyone involved, lets hope for more stuff like this!
  18. DragonV2

that was a great fight yesterday although i wasn't surprised that the VS and NC were stream Sniping, seeing as i played eve before coming here and most of us know what spying is like there:rolleyes: nonetheless great fight at QR vanu we got you eventually >:)

and for reference for those NC that Attacked the gals was they left the warpgate to start the night mine was the one that took a hard drop into the ravine to save my *** :p (took more damage from the hard landing i made then i did from the AA) how many annihilators did you guys bring with you that night? as the first gal that died, the one in front of me, died VERY fast
  19. VSMars

I love to meet the TR at Quartz Ridge, even though it's infuriating sometimes how seldom my own team manages to man all four of the AA turrets - and how often I have to deal with annoying ghost cappers all by myself after the main bulk of our army pushed north because almost nobody stands back to defend recently conquered territory.

By the way, you can bypass it on both sides, either taking NS Secure Data Lab or Sandstone Gulch Mining. The first one is a small outpost, no AA, main road between HVar and Allatum. You can spawn a Sunderer there and use it to attack the outposts of both major bases; on the other hand it's hard to defend as well. The second one requires the people at HVAR AA defence to be asleep at their job, but let's be honest here, few people bother to do it even if Indar Excavation is still in TR hands. It can provide a quick route to taking over the tower south-west of HVar, creating a well-defensible foothold inside the territory itself. None of the options are particularly easy and none will permit the tanks to roll past, but if you can cut us off from behind, the life for the VS defenders at Quartz Ridge becomes that much more interesting.
  20. MGP

This thread need more videos!