VS MAX needs a buff

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Demon0fk0, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Ruvan

Don't use Blueshifts use Cosmos. They are the (joint) second highest damage AI weapon and barely miss the top spot. They are by far the most accurate option (i.e. CoF) and have the large magazine size, in other words they're the best option.

If you want to win MAX duels more then aim for the head and fight at the outer ranges of CQC. NC Max units have 1.5x heads-hot and have a large spread of projectiles, meaning they won't be able to make good HS damage unless they are right next to someone. On the other hand, we are fairly accurate for a MAX unit and have 2x HS multiplier. I have won multiple duels against NC MAXes using this strategy.
  2. lncabin

Then it wouldnt be OP but besides that, its not suppose to be functional, its just supposed to look cool.
  3. SinerAthin

The current MAX balance is pointless.

Every MAX should be able to furfill every job as long as they're willing to invest in it.

We should have a weapon to match the Hacksaw for TR and VS, while having weapons to match Dual Mercies as NC and VS.

There's no point having NC be the king of close range, TR the king of mid range, and VS the king of nothing. It's just a pointless imbalance between the factions that puts faction choice over individual skill.
    • Up x 2
  4. Pizlenut

woah hey there, hold on a second... everything else in this thread is wrong except this. We need this. I would use the crap out of this. I don't think VS maxes suck, but this. Seriously. I melee a lot of people as it is, and the righteous backhand takes FOREVER to recover from. Just... just shutup and take mah money.
  5. Deschain

they are just plain useless Max V Max, compared to TR NC AI Max, i run away from Nc max's and Tr Max's ai varients.
  6. Saydian

VS have Best MBT
    TR have Best ESF
    NC have Best MAX

VS Worst MAX
    TR Worst MBT
    NC Worst ESF

evens out ^_^
    • Up x 2
  7. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Well, in that sense; With the new patch, the NC ESF got a slight buff, and the TR MBT is the best against Infantry what with dealing double the damage against it (half damage of vanguard, but AOE is unaffacted, aka, 2x same damage).

But really, Cosmos are decent.
    Pretty close to mercies, not quite there but good enough.
    Comets are ok as well, but not as awesome as everyone says, I'd like Falcons better if I could get them, higher burst damage and less visible projectile makes it better for popshots and against Infantry.
  8. Ghostfox

Meh, I don't have anywhere the same level of fear of a VS max as I do for a TR or NC one. Especially mercies/hacksaws.

Its sad that I can dance around a VS max as an infantry instead of trying to **** and getting a more advantageous position like I do when a TR max turns the corner.
  9. Goodname

That's because they're all herpderping with blueshifts and comets. More than half the VS population thinks they're the best AI weapons.
  10. Deschain

i run cosmos on AI Max, 150rounds +700 reserves and try to keep a good 100m distance from anything, but as soon as a NC max shows up i'll run for cover and let the Inf deal with it i know for sure that Nc scat is gonna charge and instagib me. TR Ai Max isnt so bad so long as i can keep my 100m safetly zone.
  11. Sebyos

Holy **** best idea in the forums I have seen yet.
  12. TheEvilBlight

I'll keep Cosmos in mind if I see MAX arms on sale.

We need a Lasher MAX arm. Dual lashers, woo...! (bring on the weapons lock)
  13. Izriul

As a VS, no, no it really does not.

I've not used blueshifts, I do however, have every single other weapon for it.

It is more than fine, in fact, it chews infantry apart, the only issue is against an NC max at CQC. If however, you're not in CQC you can destroy the NC max while tickling it to death laughing as it desperately tries to catch up. The NC max needs a nerf to it's TTK at close range, but perhaps a small buff for mid range, at least against other MAX. If anything, it should be one shot less perhaps, so then it's forced to reload.

Anyway, the VS max is perfectly fine for infantry, ALL max's could use an AV buff though.
  14. SinerAthin

Anyone got experience with both the Cosmos and the Nebula?

All I hear about the VS MAX is Quasar, Blueshift or Cosmos, but nobody ever mentions the Nebula.
  15. TheEvilBlight

What AI weapon are you using?
  16. Izriul

Yeah, I use dual Cosmos, I do have nebula's also, and they worked pretty good too, but I bought the Cosmos same day so I didn't really use the nebulas that much, I actually thought about it today but I've had such great kill streaks due to the 75 rounds you can mow people down and reload when needed, rather than having bodies left shooting at you.

Actually, I do tell a lie, I don't have the secondary Quasar as a weapon for the Max, but I don't think that matters too much, I'm assuming all the others are superiour to it.

Anyway, I do think the nebulas are pretty good, the damage is weaker though which is why I think people over look them, I'm not sure on the DPS though, but I am most certainly happy with the Cosmos. Some seem to like dual comets, but myself, I can take it or leave it. It's nice for surpressing fire (NOT shooting them together, but what seems around 0.9 sec each arm so you can have a continual stream of plasma balls) but, they do such crappy damage to tanks, and sure, it might do a fair whack of damage to infantry, but I'd rather use...the infantry weapons for it.
  17. Izriul

As above.
  18. SinerAthin

I've been using a Nebula(L) combined with a Cosmos(H) lately.

I find that the Nebula has a better overral DPS, and is very good for close-engagements where you got infantry jumping around you like rabid bunnies.

The Cosmos is good and best at long range, but the problem, like in a fight at a biolab, is that they fire so slowly and it can be very difficult to hit sprinting targets, whereas the Nebula mows stuff down in close quarter, and helps avoid situation where infantry get away with just a sliver of health.

Currently, I use them both at the same time, (Cosmos for the heavy damage, and Nebula for the many hits).

And to be quite fair, I've never had an issue with reloading, and if there are enough people to force you to reload in the middle of combat, then you have usually been overrun(in which case, you'll just charge away rather than fight) :p

I am considering getting a second Nebula, but the bloody thing costs like 700SC, and I wanna be conservative about my SC ;/
  19. SeventhFrost

And you won planetside 2. I love that idea.
    I also feel that, if not that (as it'd be kinda useless with maxes being the slowest/least manuverable classes overall), there should be an actual laser for the VS maxes. Like a LASER laser. That shoots a continuous beam and maybe doesn't do the most damage per second, but could light aircraft on fire if they're close enough and get hit long enough (also adding reason for there to be that stupid fire extinguisher cert! yay!). I can't think of the damage per second it'd do, or to vehicles (though I'd suspect it to be higher on air vehicles, lower on ground vehicles, and mid on infintry). Also, since it's a laser and its intensity decreases with range, it'd go perfectly with the vs' present drawback (granted the scale of the power drop would be slightly unrealistic). It'd also have to slow your turning radius, though, as the ability to track ESFs and light them on fire would make all new pilots ragequit.
  20. TheEvilBlight

I just want a Lasher arm. NC get the arm that best represents their heavy assault weapon (massive shotgun of pwn), and I suppose the Mercies represent their MCG pretty well.