The patch is beautiful.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Baleur, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Zhypher

Still having some problems with hit reg on the skyguard flak, i see a low flying Libby coming in and light it up, see all the flak explode in a pretty fireworks display, and do no damange.
  2. ThommiX

Ummm,nobody says you need to respawn at the farmed base...Get to the one close to it and hop into ESF. Get your squad close by,spawn a sunderer,drive closer,deploy it,take AA MAX's out and shoot it down.

You do know,EVERY faction has same liberators...
    • Up x 3
  3. DonR

Yeah, Skyguards need faster projectile velocity, damage of shots wasn't the problem, don't know why they're beating around the bush on this one. And the changes to the turret motion don't seem to affect it very much. Still don't understand how Maxes are better AA, or air-deterrent when compared to Skyguards.
  4. STR1D3R109

Using the anchored mode on the prowler now actually makes it kinda useful xP lol
    • Up x 1
  5. Haya jii san

You are offensive and annoying .. really ! If you do not appreciate what you see, then do us a favor and leave !
    Lil brat role-playing a customer ...
    • Up x 1
  6. ScrapyardBob

I feel that the real fix for the Skyguard is going to be:
    - More accuracy (smaller CoF, even if it's via a cert tree, but still with a higher base accuracy buff)
    - Higher bullet speed (boost the base by 20-25%, then give us a cert tree for another 10-20%)
    - Ability to cert into additional rounds (5-8 per level) per magazine clip so we can throw more downrage before reloading

The 14% damage was a bit much IMO. I'd rather have the above with only a 3-8% damage boost. So that I can put more lead downrange at a time and have more of it hit.
  7. Valkar

Sorry but thats an absolute joke, what logic says buff AA Max, nerf ESF but leave render as it is? Why was the AA change more important that the render issue? I would like a direct answer please since its a completely valid question. As usual you do a buff AND a nerf for opposing classes and completely tip the scales in the opposite direction instead of finding a balance. Not only that but you do this as a time when there is clearly a technical problem with MAx units rendering from distance. I'm sorry but this decision is a total farse and gives the impression that you guys are not thinking things through enough andi nstead make changes at a whim depending on who screams loudest. Poor way to run a game AND a business!
    • Up x 1
  8. AmazingBob

What are you talking about? It's all good.
  9. Roadhouseman

hmm it seems they are .... Iam happy :)
  10. Gavyne

Beautiful patch, got my stamp of approval indeed. Great to see the devs take customer feedback and do what's necessary to boost the enjoyment of their playerbase.

To those complaining about being spawn camped, fear not they're changing the spawn room design, it should come out with the Jan 30th patch. So more changes are coming, these are just the preliminaries and I'm glad they pushed these out first. These will help stomach some of the stuff happening ingame for the next 2 and half weeks.

I've said it before that I would be happy with either a liberator nerf, or AA buff. I"m happy to see AA being buffed, as I've spent a lot of money on AA and I'd rather see them work better than someone getting nerfed.
  11. kazumi

Very valid points mate. And it's the primary issue I've been expressing all night.

I've no issue with the changes as a whole. The issue I'm vocal on is that they made this rapid change, well not addressing the render issue that's plagued air since Hardware testing.
    • Up x 1
  12. Stigma

Its just because some of these changes are simple number-tweaks while the rendering issue is much more complex (it is also probably just a matter of changing some numbers but will probably need a lot more internal tweaking and optimizing to work with those new numbers). They are just applying the easy changes first that's all...

Perhaps its a bit s|-|itty to not get it all in one package for balance reasons but personally I am overjoyed that they are working so actively to put in new changes and aren't just sitting on their ***** until they release some new complately untested big patch on the 30'th. With incremental changes like these all the intended changes might actually be working as planned by that date (that wasn't intended as sarcastic even if it may sound like it was)

-Stigma
  13. kazumi

Like we've said. We have no issue with the changes. The issue is that it made a drastic change, well not addressing a massive issue that relates to this. You increase AA, reduce fighter armor. But you keep the AA cloaked in a render bug, well the fighters are can now be controlled 100% of the time. If we could "see" we would choose out situations to fight more effective. That choose is currently not given, because of this persistent issue that we've been trying to get resolved since before CBT
  14. Stigma

As a pilot myself I can appreciate the problem. Personally I'm willing to tough it out for a little while if it means faster development and implementation of changes overall. I don't want them to have to hold back on implementing stuff because its going to be inconveniencing me a little bit for a limited period of time.

The faster we can let them work on all this the faster we are likely to see those render changes too - and I am sure that this will be well worth it for all advanced pilots to finally be able to see where you are getting shot from for once.

Grit your teeth and let them work :)
    -Stigma

EDIT: Although I still think it would be better if they did all this on test-servers rather than live ones. People would be playing the test server plenty just to test out upcoming changes... but I've spoken about this ad nauseum before so I'm not going to start another rant here.
  15. HellasVagabond

Higby mate do try to fix those VS....It was nice buffing them again and again during beta to boost their population stats but you guys forgot to unbuff them when you released the game.....
  16. El_MUERkO

That's going to do a pretty good job of sweeping the skies of ESF's, removing the main threat to Liberator spam from the battlefield.

If you can change weapon damage via a quick data tweak then I strongly suggest a temporary reduction in the Liberator's cannon damage till the MAX changes come in. If you don't you're going to get a lot of infantry and armour ragequitting as Liberator's float invulnerable above them killing everything.
  17. kazumi

Don't think the VS has held a continent on briggs for more then an hour...I seem to login and find NC or TR holding 2/3 every day, nearly all day. Think we're good.
  18. Aerensiniac

The mere fact that you would open up a topic to thank for a nerf involving something that you (supposedly) use nonstop makes the purpose of this topic blindingly obvious.

[IMG]
  19. Radec594

Spends 200 certs over comp armor upgrade > back to the start point the next morning.

I hope you plan to have some sort of cert refund system in place, should you make other "low risk" fixes like these in the future :)
  20. UnstableTrigger

Sorry what? Liberators are farming us as we speak with their op hover tanks. That is what you sound like.

Didn't know Blizzard (an mmorpg company) was known for the ability to make good FPS games.

Sounds to me like you're talking out your ***, desperately trying to bash the game.