[Suggestion] Avoid 1000cr or 700sc for G2A Garbage Launcher

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Azaad, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Azaad

Example 1

Example 2

Why even bother selling stuff like this or lure players into investing hundreds of hours to save up 1000cr for these worthless launchers? Are ground troops just free EXP for the Fighters and Liberators? Don't even talk about AA max cause the second Burster costs 700sc or 1000cr on top of that a Single MAX is mere inconvenience to a Fighter or a Bomber. How many new players will actually own a AA Max?

With weak air counter for the ground. The opportunity for a small group of friends looking for an adventure is dead. Only pro large outfits can survive or stand a chance vs Air Superiority. And whats the point if 1 friend is in the Sky and the rest on foot? Because that 1 friend now is disconnected from the rest of his buddies.

SOE, if you don't fix this problem, sooner or later the players who love team work in an infantry will get tired of being farmed by air, and eventually quit or move to a faction with superior Air Dominance.

Look how easily Air Power cuts through Infantry and Armor:
    !

Whats the point in Ground Warfare anymore? Everyone should just get into a Liberator or a Fighter. The Tanks are now worthless. Actually the Liberator itself is becoming worthless since the Fighter is more efficient at killing all targets while a Liberator is mostly restricted to ground targets.

SOE, you better act quick. Most of your player base are infantry not pilots. If you start to loose this market you will loose big. When people start to see that 700sc or 1000cr can buy a pilot the ticket to Farm Ground Targets. They will stop investing in their infantry. Because 700sc or 1000cr gets them absolute garbage.
    • Up x 6
  2. {joer

I got my g2a grounder the second week of launch.

Best sc purchase I made.

Keeps the esfs away.
    • Up x 2
  3. voigt

I have similar results using the NC hawk g2a rocket launcher. Half of the rockets are just duds and explode but do no damage. The others just miss for no apparent reason. This is not counting the ones that just get flared of course.
    • Up x 1
  4. ShadowWulf

Its still fun to lock on and watch them SCRAMBLE LIKE ROACHES MUHAHAHAHAHA!

Errmmm, yea, they need to be fixed I agree. They feel WAY to slow, act dodgy in flight and do not register hits 1/2 the time. The other 1/2 the time I can actually kill things with them by picking ESF's off that are distracted in mid-dogfight for example, or causing silly Lib pilots to panic and slam into a tower at high speed. That last one always makes me smile.
    • Up x 1
  5. QuantumMechanic

The G2A launchers are good for messing with ESFs, not so good for blowing them up. As soon as your aquisition timer starts, they get the "lock-on" message. And if you keep the lock and don't fire, within a few seconds the EFS will blow it's flares and fly away.

That's pretty much the extent of it.
  6. ImGladUmad

7. hellaskan

My honest to goodness question is this:

There are how many people that helped develop this game? Then at some point, with as many aircraft in this game as we have seen, do you mean to tell me not one SOE person has tried the failing G2A launchers and said "hey team, after testing this myself and reading the forums, we need to fix this thing.. and we probably should post soonest that we're looking into this weapon"

How has this ridiculously underpowered and noneffective weapon --and a weapon we REALLY have needed with the air issues.. been allowed to exist in its current state for as long as it has without any word from the devs? If it were free.. I could understand the lower priority of this all.. but ahh.. dudes.. this was a very needed weapon.

I have a sneaky suspicion this was "upper management" saying "don't acknowledge any issues, we don't want to scare people away'
    • Up x 2
  8. zarfoobla

Watching an ESF just hover around in circles and the G2A missile completely miss is just far too depressing.

Deterrent. Yep.
  9. TheEvilBlight

I checked the accuracy of my AV weapons.

Annihilator: 70% (4 kills for 234 shots fired)
    Nemesis (G2A): 37% (7 kills, 305 shots fired)
    Hades (G2G): 15% (one kill, 58 shots fired)
    S1 (dumbfire): 27% (6 kills, 252 shots fired)

Can't exactly deter with 37% hitrates, now can you? And as I start using it more post-nerf instead of most of my pre-nerf usage (post-nerf I switched to bursters) I can imagine the new average will be tons lower, closer to the G2G.

It's funny that my dumbfire weapon has greater accuracy than the Hades...so it's not poor dumbfire usage that puts the Hades below the S1. That said, I rarely use the guided weapons in dumbfire mode to begin with, but I haven't kept exact tabs on the types of rounds fired.
    • Up x 1
  10. NOX2097

I watched your videos with great interest, at the highest resolution available. I was sad to see I wasn't featured. This is my personal goal in PS2, my own personal metagame: to be featured in a G2A missile QQ video. The way I dodge, the timing of my flares, every time I try to make it into a dubyaTF moment for the guy locking onto me, hoping he's recording. Alas, my day has not come yet.
  11. square

well, at least there was this in the patch preview

12. ChickenCurrys

13. ImGladUmad

Is not read it.
  14. ChickenCurrys

As an ESF Pilot, and I think these things really hit hard IF they hit, even too hard...this needs to be fixed.
    • Up x 2
  15. {joer

I just spawned at an open sunderer the VS were spamming with ESF's, its amusing what you can do with one grounder.

Kills I got? None.
    ESFS in the sky? None.

You guys just don't get it but I'll assume you don't fly ;)
    • Up x 1
  16. NOX2097

Agreed. They seriously need to nerf G2A missile damage. You want damage? Use a dumb fire rocket. You want autoaim? Less damage.
  17. {joer

I can't say I agree with that. They do need to nerf A2AM damage and tracking, its stupid and "non-fun", but G2A is fine.
  18. voigt

I would not mind if they took the lock-on portion out of the game but give us a rocket that can travel as fast as a 1960s era RPG-7. It travels at 300m/s. This games rockets fire at like 60m/s or some ridiculously slow speed. If we had realistic anti-vehicle rocket speeds maybe we could fight properly. Lets move it back to skill instead of lock-on that doesn't work half the time.
  19. Nephera

Think before you buy.Why would you buy something you don’t want? Certification Points and Resources are hard to come by, so spend them wisely! Our Operatives won’t be able to refund any wishy-washy, buyer’s remorse purchases. Read before you buy morons!

You're telling us that doesnt sound harsh out of context.
  20. ImGladUmad

That is the context.......Look at the link lol......