Should I give up on NC or will they be buffed?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheUprising, Jan 11, 2013.

1. SolLeks

BF3 vet here and loving the NC, then again, I often used the G3 in CQC.
  2. MasterChiefette

Playing NC is like having bricks tied to everything you do. If you can get passed that - you'll be fine. My highest BR character is NC and she kicks ***. It is a mater of learning the strengths and weaknesses of your weapons and how to use them to your advantage. I do wish our COF would tighten up a beat, but I doubt we'll ever see that.
  3. ClickMe

The problem with NC are the faction vehicles, not weapons.
  4. Nephera

personally i like the GD-22 s for close range hip firing, cone of fire be damned.
  5. K-On

NC are fine so far, only thing I can point out is. The SAW does need a slight re-work on the recoil to counter act the screen shaking when being shot, it's crazy stupid. Besides that everything is fine.

Edit: Oh and none of NC lmg has a movement speed of 0.75
  6. MarcusD

The recoil is fine. The flinching on the other hand...
  7. Sifer2

What's wrong with the Vanguard? I would take it over a Prowler any day.

Their MAX is also laughably dominate in indoor combat even against other MAX.

An while the Reaver is disadvantaged in a dogfight it arguably doesn't matter because A2A missiles are easy win no dogfighting required.
  8. Beltway

The NC lmg's have already been looked at a few patches ago. They have greatly improved in my opinion (level 31 NC on Mattherson) and the devs did a great job of bringing the guns up to par with the other factions. If you hip fire get the NC variant and go to work because I hip fire with the guass saw and have no troubles mowing people down.

Bizzie is correct, it's a playstyle thing from the sounds of your thread. Give all the guns a decent go over, but I don't think any other LMG beats the SAW. It's just a really good heavy hitting weapon.
  9. shadowkhat

omg ... the world must be coming to an end ... i find myself agreeing with a member of the enclave... :/ LOL

in all seriousness though the only thing i can really foresee the NC getting buff wise would be a reduction in recoil and/or a reduction in cone of fire... still won't be a hip fire weapon thats just not the nc way... but it will hopefully reduce the catching someone offguard and still losing the fight because of recoil/cof misses at point blank :/

if your wanting to just run and gun and not bother with aiming or anything vs is the way to go, crazy accuracy and great cof on most of their weapons

vs =ez mode
    TR= normal
    NC= nightmare.... ( lol j/k ) hard mode or really i would say maybe realism mode? heh
  10. IChronosI

Easiest way to tell that the weapons in this game are not balanced:

If SOE were to announce today that every empire would have access to all weapons.

NC - Would be excited about it.
    TR - Would protest it. (Because they would never use any other factions weapons)
    Vanu - Wouldn't like the idea (mainly because it doesn't match up with their lore.)
    • Up x 1
  11. shadowkhat

a2a missles are so simple for any fighter but the reaver to dodge its almost pointless to fire at anyone the only people you're ever going to hit are the obvious are noobs that are only in the air cause its OP right now, and distracted pilots.... and pretty much every reaver lol

and yes the NC max is badass... under 20m anything out side of that its a walking talking exp vending machine...

prowler... i love the prowler once you learn the recoil and how "boxy" it is you can out manuver, and most of the time out gun any other tank on the field... toss in a couple of speed enhancments you can outrun the turret on a vanny and get rear shots all day long... vanguard is nice... its probly the mid level tank but don't knock the prowler in the right hands that thing is deadly. it just needs an ability that compliments it instead of the oposite.
  12. Wasdie

Well I just said that because I find that, on average, both BF and CoD seem to give the advantage to higher RoF weapons opposed to slower shooting, harder hitting guns.

Close range in this game is dominated by high RoF. Even controlled bursts are for not if your screen is shaking like crazy while your character jerks all around for being shot. I've lost countless close range fights because of that.
  13. Sifer2

lol Wrong. As TR I would definitely switch to VS weapons. And if I could put a Saron on my Prowler oh lawd it might actually be worth a damn.
  14. IChronosI

Well the post is about NC weapons being weak, so thanks for proving my point in not choosing any of them.
  15. ClickMe

And I would take the Prowler over Vanguard any day.

Vanguard simply doesn't cut it in real game situations. Magriders = nothing needs to be said, and Prowler is a mass infantry murdering machine (which is pretty effin' useful) that shreds other tanks to bits in close range, but unlike the Vanguard, it actually has the means to get there. Vanguard is a hideously slow & clumsy moving target that doesn't excel at anything, and has the worst gunner weapons in the game.

MAX is not a vehicle, and a shotgun max does fk all against the real threats that ruin everyone's day, air and MBT spam. Max is also the least played unit in the entire game due to their restrictions and high price cert wise.

The end.

It's a complete joke a stock Mosquito goes faster than a Reaver with 700 certs dumped into Racer Airframe, while still being more agile.
  16. Tactician Werner

Hi,
    Seems a lot of NC players have simply rolled a new TR character on another server.

Shame even the mighty jackhammer is now just a joke.

I was TR for 5 years on ps1 so sticking with NC, but our pop gets lower everyday.

The tanks and aircraft zergs become bigger everyday!

Hopefully ps1 will go free soon.

Tactician
  17. NBA JAM

1 on 1 fight where you both sight in and strafe, all the LMG's for NC lose to other factions. Why? Your recoil and CoF is bad, everyone knows this. You will get hit more and your accuracy on your iron sighted gun will bounce around. Your RoF is still slower. When 90% of the player base CANNOT RUN THE GAME PAST 20-30 FPS you have a problem with slow firing, big risk, big reward guns.

Forget any of the NC guns, switch to VS or TR. You can full auto at medium range and kill quite a few people.

But hey, if you like simulating a baby being bounced around inside a drying machine at a laundromat, then play NC.
  18. KariH

NC has best longrange lmg:s but what is point? Time to time rendering distance is short to very short. Different conditions SAW would be fantastic rifle but not in base fights or close quarters. most fights I take GD22s .

And I have also made profiles in other servers for vanu and TR. Vanu and TR HA lmg:s suits me beter than SAW. I think I have twice better killd/d ratios than I have with SAW and because of cqc:s.

My level is 32 with NC and If I have known ha:s lmg problems I would choose othervise and not certed it heavily and vasted them.
  19. MasterD

Go ahead a switch over. I refuse to... I have too much money in my NC toon as it is. My favorite weapon in the game is the Orion by far it's great at CQC and it's great at range you almost NEVER have to burst fire the thing. After the Orion Id pick the Solstice or the Trac 5... T9 Carv use to be number 1 for me but It seems to of change after the first game update.

For my NC Toon I use the GD-22S. It's pretty good... much better than the SAW. For the love of God make sure you upgrade from the SAW it is worthless, you will always be at a disadvantage. As long as you can aim fairly well and 2-3 burst shot the GD-22s is pretty good.
  20. Banick

Sorry yup, it was 5am and no sleep.