What a bunch of bloody whiners!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by vani, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vani

On these forums! It makes me wish you had to pass an IQ test in order to make a forum account as some of the suggestions, complaints and ramblings i see on here are beyond the point of crazy! I'd like to start firstly by stating that nothing i type here is directed specificly at any one individual nor that it is intended to offend anyone.

A lot of you seem to think that because you play the game this makes you the No.1 critic and that your word is god. If anyone else disagree's with you they are simply an "airnoob" or equivalent. The fact that so many of your can be so UNBELIEVABLY arrogant and ignorant of anyone else's view and then go on to blame SOE and call them lazy and terrible at balencing a game.

TL:DR me ranting about everyone else ranting.

The reason i've started this thread was pretty much directly after reading this thread http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/well-i-tired-but-its-not-a-fps.77961/

Now at first i thought "Ah he's being sarcastic! I like it!" but then the more i read and realized he's used well over 1000 words that he was beind deadly serious...

Then to make the whole thing more pathetic, people actually like his post....

To these people who agree.... Why are you playing this game?
    If you want an infantry shooter go play one. There's a 10-1 ratio going of FPS's vs multiple combat FPS's! (just an estimate) I don't understand why these people are playing. Do they not understand this is a game where vehicles are required and fun?

He says early in his post "Game Balance is not that hard, so why does this game make it’s seem like it is impossible? How hard is it to know Right from Wrong and fair from unfair.".

Admittedly, this is a game. But most games strive for a sense of realism and it's up to the developers to dictate how realistic it becomes. In that case ofcourse a ******* tank or ESF is gunna **** you up that's the bloody point of them! How about instead we have tanks with 1HP and a mounted pistol?! The whole point is that they provide firepower something which is valued highest in any battle.

But how can someone with such little actual thought put into his post dare complain? I gave up trying to f igrue this one out due to the fact he's striving for a pure FPS in a game that was never designed to be a strict FPS.

This person seems to think that despite all the efforts SOE puts in to keep the community in the know they do not care about the game or the game balence. I really cannot beleive how short sighted some people can be and that they beleive their opinion to be LAW.

Some of you will be familiar with mordor(the bf3 forum) correct? Well this place is quickily going down that route.

Why can't you people put together a valid reasoned arguement re-evaluate it THEN post it? Instead of posting a thread not 2 minutes before you got your stupid *** blown up by a Magrider out in the open running at it C4 in hand!?

and then there's this guy http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...e-vs-prefer-nc-weapons-we-are-balanced.78139/

Because lasorz and beam weapons are the **** perhaps? And that if it wern't for game balence beam weapons would hand your *** to your on a plate. Besides that What's wrong with playing the faction your enjoy and find cosmetically appealing or heck like myself find view on humanity appealing. Technology is the future you can't denie that.

Now inevitably, onto rocketpods and the Liberator being overpowered!

Sometimes i wish this was real life, so that the people who complain they're over powered would be dead and i wouldn't have to hear them complaining.

Perhaps if this was real life those people once killed would complain to whatever deity they beleive in and tell him that going " QQ KILLED ME OVERPOWERED!" will fix it, that the all powerful deity will then send them back to earth so that they may once again in exactly the same fashion. From the Apache helicopter gunship with rocket pods.

You know why i think there isn't a god? Because **** that job! Could you imagine the complaining and whining and demands you'd get when someone dies and/or people knew of your existance?! If there is god he definately thought "**** THAT! I'M OUTTA HERE!" and went on his all knowing way.

Sound familiar? It's SOE i'm talking about and wholey **** do i feel sorry for them. Those people who ARE reading your posts to get YOUR opinion despite how closed minded and foolish it is to see if at any period in your arguement you have a valid point. I suppose at least they get paid lots of money to do it and likely have quite abit of fun working on the game/games they enjoy.

But damn if i could i'd give the PR, tester and support guys, maybe even the whole of SOE a great big cuddle!
    Because i feel sorry for them and that despite trying to please relentlessly endless demands of a spoilt child that is this forum! They do the best they can because in YOUR shortsighted-ness they actually care more than you about this game seeing that at the end of the day it is THERE OWN PAYCHECK they're maintaining.

I'm going to end this with, im an aspiring games developer and i'll be going on my first year degree course in 7 months and if at the end of it i'm successful and made millions. You can bet your *** it won't be because i listened to the player who plays the game joins the forum and whines mindlessly.

In short a forum is a community for the betterment of the game. In making this thread i hope to enlighten even a few people to the direction the forum is heading and that those whiners will stop with your stupid shortsightedness and think that perhaps the game is supposed to be overpowered in certain areas. As in reality, air superiority is king!
    • Up x 7
  2. Badname3073

Stop whining
    • Up x 3
  3. Dubious

AIR IS OP, End of Story!
  4. MrHenderson

5. VSDerp

people won't never stop whining that's all they do.
  6. Karragos

Sometimes people get caught up in their emotions and vent on the forums. Some are quick posts: "Libs OP Nerf" and some are the novels like you cited in your post, and one that I responded to. People fail to see the bigger picture sometimes, or have the notion that the game should run the way that they think it should be played. In the case of most, not all of the negative posts, people are upset because their style of play is not working out. A whine post I made myself the other day said I was done playing because of bugs, lockups, bots, and lag. I had a bad day where all of it happened in a 2 hour time frame. My being done lasted about 20 hours :p . 5 of that was sleeping.

A specific example for this game would be that individual play gets you killed quick. No teamwork is a quick path to failure in this game. A lot of people refuse to accept that, and a lot of, though not all, of the calls for nerfs are based upon this. I think the premise of this game is that to conquer a continent, you are going to need a well balanced force of infantry/vehicles/aircraft, and this force is going to have to be led by someone who knows what he/she is doing, and be good at communicating to people. Most times when we log on and play, this is not the case. It leads to frustration.

Regarding gaming, and you becoming a developer, I have thought about what made the good games good in the past, and why I think this one will be good. They had a vision of what they wanted to accomplish in the game. They did everything to accomplish that. When it comes to feedback, they listened to the suggestions/criticisms that would make the game better without breaking their vision of the game. Always they kept at the front of their mind the vision that they had for the game. In the end the game would succeed or fail based upon the vision that they had for the game, and how true they stayed to it.

I don't ever want to be able to knife a tank and do damage to it. I don't ever want smallarms fire to destroy a tank. I don't want a Liberator to have to fire 10 tank shells to kill me, a lowly Light Assault Trooper. I don't want an HA rocket to take two rockets to kill me. I want a game that uses commonsense in things like these that forces me to team up with people in this MMO to accomplish the goal of the game, which until the 6 month plan is revealed, is going to be taking a continent.

I really like this game, enough to waste a lot of time posting. :cool:

I like your post, and thank you for putting a lot of thought into it.
    • Up x 1
  7. ShokkWave

That sir, is a double negative. Yes, I'm whining about your horrible use of grammar.
  8. vrcarnage

I think thats because the great deal of people favor one kind of combat over the other and when they feel that it is being screwed over they get mad.

The sad thing is the game is not a 1 v 1 its a combined arms game. If you have 20 inf and no tanks and 20 infi and 5 tanks roll up... what are you expecting out of this?

So you have to try to even it up by either getting 5 tanks or getting just far superior tank drivers or just have some smart infi (go figure that someone would use that thing called a brain)

I know when I am doing a base cap and its like 6 of us and 20 air craft show up... as soon as I die I spawn as a max or ha w/ rockets. If I die again and did not kill anything, I just spawn @ another point and try to join forces to take them out. I know that if I cant take them out w/ my max or rockets that I will be camped so. I have no purpose of staying there and getting frustrated.

Why is this. Because it's not logical to think that 6 infi can take on 20 aircraft and no real point in getting mad about it.

Sure those 20 aircaft mess w/ your little infi / tank or what ever play style but, thats why the other units are present. The help in the overall picture.

The populace in general needs to stop looking @ this game as a standard 1 v 1 or infi vs inf / tank v tank / air v air game.

This is combined arms and this what was advertised.
    • Up x 1
  9. VSDerp

does it matter ?? does my grammar bother you that bad?? oh you just wanna find something to whine about.who are you anyways?? oh ya NOBODY. so mind your business.
  10. Huntsab

lol I see SOE are still at it. 10 years on.
  11. Udon

Oh the irony of this post.

OP, take a close look at your first two paragraphs and apply them to yourself.
  12. St0mpy

it wont change

every vehicle game ive ever played has its group of dissenters who decide the game would be so much better without the very thing that makes it great, the vehicles.

Without wanting to anger anyone I see them as no better than trolls since they argue on and on for something unlikely and unpopular knowing their argument can be carried on for months at a time without fear of any change to the game.
    • Up x 1
  13. vani

Really like a lot of the responses here guys. I'm glad there's a decent population of reasonable people on the forums to help balence things out. Faith slightly restored!
  14. smokemaker

And its how it should be.
    Adapt or die.
    I do not care which you chose.
    • Up x 1
  15. TheDrone

OP might be a hypocrite, it doesn't make him wrong.

He's in fact quite correct.

The kind of hyperbole constantly directed at the devs is beyond counter-factual. It's irrational. DOn't get me wrong, they're not perfect. But they made a game that's pretty much insanely hard to make, and they did it quite well.

Look at the reviews of the games. Look at the "best of the year" lists it's made.

Does one see that reflected on these forums? Hell no! People here are too busy pretending that either their opinion is more valid because they're a new player or because they're a veteran from alpha/pre-alpha/beta/PS1.

I'll say it again. SOE should not have bothered with PS2. Why? Because it could only work with F2P, which makes the game impossible. Why? Because the combination of MMo-gamers and F2P-gamers and modern FPS-players produces next to the most ******** demographic I've ever seen in any gaming community. It's sometimes startling as to the utter stupidity is able to create a bandwagon over here.

FFS. Other new games I've played in the past had entire command-chains, wiki's, video-guides, ... by now. You know... A FRIGGIN community. Like the tiny one that existed in PS1.

Here? Now? With these morons who spend a good chunk of their time destroying one of the major selling-points of an mmo, namely the community? Don't get me started.

If SOE wants PS2 to survive they should start an ad campaign saying "PS2, you can stay away from that bunch of ******* and still enjoy the game. Join an outfit with a minimum IQ requirement perhaps."
    • Up x 1
  16. vani

I was wondering who'd be "That guy" the one to bring up the obvious irony in the post. You were the one who chose to call it out. However what you failed to realise was my TL:DR
    "TL:DR me ranting about everyone else ranting."

If you had cared to even take the time to read and understand A TOO LONG DIDN'T READ you needn't have even posted as obviously i have taken that into consideration and as such catered for you in the post.

Either read the whole thing, the TL:DR (which shouldn't even be an addition in long posts since if you're to lazy to read it why should the poster cater for your laziness?) or don't bother posting at all!
  17. Vorpal

Criticism is the process by which we improve.

Complaints have a potential to lead to a better product.

Complaints about complaints are just boring and unnecessary and a complete waste of time.
  18. ShokkWave

It was a joke man, relax. Smile, its Friday.
  19. Vibe

Yes let's all be silent instead and not help the game improve, because we all love shallow games right
  20. Cyridius

Stop posting whine and anti-whine threads and give constructive criticism with solid reasoning backed up with relevent examples and credible solutions, and you'll be given a good hearing by the dev team.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.