Never seen such bad balance in a game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpaceMuppet, Jan 11, 2013.

1. ThommiX

Oh one of these threads again... "Oh look,i keep dying to XXX!!They must be OP!"
    Just learn to play...all sides aren't even supposed to be same...

If VS were so OP than you try to make them sound by exaggerating the differences,then VS should rule every server,all the time and roflstomp the enemy always and everywhere.
    This,however is not the case.

So,the conclusion:You need to learn to use the tools given,game is fine.
    Majority has no problems with anything you claim OP,simply because they learned how to counter them.
  2. Hashi

Matter of opinion to be honest. Mine would have to be that the Vanu weapons (I won't even get into the talk about the magrider) have little to no disadvantages.

When it comes to the NC they have low RoF, normally less than stellar hip fire, and high recoil.
    In terms of the TR they have long reload times, bad accuracy (especially after the nerf)

And lastly the Vanu have bullet degrading over time which accounts to 12 damage when compared to the TR weapons so the equivalent to 1 extra bullet needed to kill the target. If there are any other disadvantages I'd love to hear it. They are the best at nothing (save for projectile speed and reload times, oh and recoil) but at the same time they're good at everything. When it comes to CQC, long range, medium range, they don't do better but they sure as hell don't do worse. THAT is my problem with the Vanu.

EDIT: If you've ever played battlefield 3 extensively you will know why most players that use the assault class use the M16A3. It's not the best in terms of RoF, reload time, accuracy, or recoil. But it's also not bad on any of those things and when you compare it to other guns like the Scar L, AEK, L85A2, AUG, F2000 you'll find that all of those guns have some better stats, but more disadvantages. Some are good for close range, some for long, some for medium but at the end of the day, you're best having a gun that can do all decently.
    • Up x 1
  3. MrK

I can mostly agree, that's how I feel too, but I don't think that's a big deal in the end. It just permit me to /yell "easy mode!" at my ex-fellow VS players sometimes ;)

There are vastly more important subjects to fix
    • Up x 1
  4. ThommiX

Using completely different game as example just doesn't work here.

Yes,weapons are different on different factions,they are supposed to be.

So,you are getting completely stomped over by VS then?
    Those differences are minimal actually in-game.
    In-game on every server fights look to be pretty even with no one faction completely overpowering other with their weapons or tanks.
    Zerg's overpower everything.
    Organization and teamwork cover the rest.

Opinions aside,look at the actual game. There is no imbalance with any of you posted.
    More so its an imbalance of people than equipment.
    I still haven't seen any hints of this Overpowered equipment that we seem to have,enemies can kill me just as fine as i kill them.
  5. Thornton14

People need to stop complaining. Yes the vanu have advantages but we TR kicked their ***** off 2 continents last night on waterson after hours of crazy fighting. They are not very op at all. Sto whining and play the game.
  6. Hashi

You're really not understanding what I'm saying are you... First of all, where did I state I'd ever been "stomped by Vanu" I merely stated that from what I can tell, and yes after reading extensive charts on the weapon info that the Vanu weapons have less disadvantages than the TR/NC have. Just because someone can kill you doesn't mean that the game is balanced, for your sake I'll go back to battlefield when I'm talking to you about it. Just because the M16 is the best ALL AROUND CHOICE doesn't mean it cannot be beaten. In close quarters, weapons with higher RoF will beat it, in long range, weapons with better accuracy will beat it but that doesn't mean that it's still not the best all around gun... With vanu, they were supposedly meant for longer ranges (accuracy, bullet drop and recoil) but why is it that they have a good RoF for close quarters too? That just makes it so they do well in all instances. Do you understand now...?
  7. ThommiX

Have you actually tried VS weapons?
    If those differences don't show in-game,how can they be so OP then? That's where my point was going.
    You may see those differences in the charts,but so far,i don't see that big differences in actual gameplay.

Well you going to BF when we are talking Planetside is just silly :D
    Best all around weapon?Hmm,as far as i know,every faction has at least one.With the right attachments.
    Really,show some actual proof that VS weapons are OP in-game.Show me that VS has a weapon that stomps all the other factions weapons and is good everywhere and one that the other factions can't have.
    I've seen the charts and read em myself too.
    Still i see no indication of the OP of VS guns as so many forum posters want to say.
  8. Hashi

Might I ask how long you've been playing?
  9. ThommiX

Only 100+ hours so far.Too lazy to check xfire.
  10. {joer

My alt VS is on Waterson and despite being very low pop compared to TR, VS seem to kick TR's butt nicely.

You do know what population numbers mean right ;)
  11. wrenched

For a couple of days the planetside2 wikipedia page actually classed the factions as easy, medium and hard.

Goes to show you what public perception is.

[IMG]
  12. Hashi

Did you play in beta?

I'll get to my point now before I go off to my shower.

I've been playing this game since early beta (some time was spent on my friends account early August till I got my key) and I've been there for it all. Initially when the NC were the overpowered faction, when the warp gates rotated, when new continents were brought in. all of it.

I'll use a quick example and you're free to your opinion after this.

look at these three weapons and tell me what differences you see.

Solstice:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...INE&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

Mercenary:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...INE&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

Trac:

Look for these main points; projectile speed, recoil, CoF, reload time, first shot recoil, bullet degrading, RoF and specifically for the Trac the ammo compared to the other two factions. Tally them up and tell me which guns win in these categories. Good luck and sorry I couldn't do it myself but I'm a bit strapped for time.
  13. ThommiX

Ehhh,i specifically asked for IN-GAME proof,not these spreadsheets again,i've seen and read those.What I'm meaning is,actual gameplay,not just shooting a wall. Yes,there are differences on those sheets like i already said.Do they mean so much as to claim one faction OP? No.

What was in beta hardly makes any difference now,does it? Anyway,no,i wasn't here then.
  14. Talizzar

The infantry is balanced very well. My kills and killed ratios are almost identical. I applaud SOE for getting this pretty darn close especially with 3 factions all having similar but different weapons.

MAX- NC SplatterMAX rule in close. No counter. Not happening. TR good from further bad. VS from further back yet. I wish we could outfit our MAX's Short, med, long range....

Tanks...VS wins Magrider goes nearly anywhere, easy to drive, etc.

Air-Faction will there is balance.

I would agree that at times there is just way too many tanks or planes. Infantry has a better shot with tanks because of the mines, c4 and rockets. To counter Air from the ground you have to MAX up a bunch of people to kill libs, a few can keep some air at bay but if it is an air zerg there is no way a few can clear the skies.
  15. ThommiX

There's a good counter for the NC ScatterMAX: Use your own teammates as meatshield while it mows them down,run next to the MAX,drop a C4 or two,back up and Boom! :D hehe
  16. QuantumGuard

Seriously?
  17. Jester7x

Sounds like op has never played call of duty. MW3 being a prime offender (ACR trumping all other AR's). Yep thats some awesome balance there.
  18. MrHenderson

Never seen so many terrible players blaming balance for their terribleness. Seriously. Ever.

It's a plague.
    • Up x 1
  19. Hashi

That's impossible. There's no way to get the same scenarios that you would achieve in live combat. What would you need for it anyway when the raw data shows the equivalent of what you will be seeing in-game? Do you mean in showing the TTK's between factions? Because that's even less practical than the spreadsheets I've given you. You're not making any sense right now. And yes, the beta had a great deal to do with the balance that is present in this game right now.
  20. Flarenza

THere are some obvious imbalances in game though. Kill a scythe get 100 xp, kill a mossie and get 86? This is only with the alpha squad boost. Not sure how much you get for a reaver kill though.