2 C4 is not enough to destroy a sunderer?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Laticlavius, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Compass

Or carry 3 C4 as an Engineer and bring the grenade launcher anyways D:
    • Up x 1
  2. Tobax

Whats a "use after the fact" item?
  3. SenEvason

Hitting it with a GL a couple times might do it kill it the rest of the way.
  4. Zeke342

I prefer it the way it is now.

Getting to an enemy sundy (especially with drifter jets) is effortless.. at least half the time I attempt it no one sees me until I've gotten the c4 on the sunderer.. if 2 destroyed sundys than it would be required to choose between surviving 2 c4 or surviving 2 tank mines.

If you're parking a sunderer where an engi can get to it quickly than you don't deserve to have that sunderer. Idk how many times I've run through swarms of enemies and just tossed down tank mines and no one even realized it.. if you're team is that oblivious than that is your fault.. not the games design. Mine guard is CHEAP... 2 tank mines on my sundy barely hurt it at all.

Some tips.
    2 C4 set a sunderer on fire and put it to low health.. I think something like 10 seconds and the fire finishes it off.
    You should never solo to a sunderer as a light assault. IF you do.. DO NOT blow the 2 c4 you stick on it. Place them. Die. Go back and toss 1 more on.. the c4 persists through death. BAM.. sundy down (assuming they down disarm or blow your C4).
    Leave the sunderers to engis/HA. Focus your c4 on tanks and maxes.

My only issue is the cost of C4.. 300 resources to destory a sundy is excessive. Especially compared to the 150 to destory it with tank mines. The damage is fine. The cost is the issue.

Another tweak that needs to be done is REMOVING the tank mines ability to blow on stationary vehicles.. while also removing friendly fire on your own objects. If I want to destroy my own tank mine than that should be allowed. Doing this prevents engies from tossing them down and instantly dying and still getting the sundy. Instead they would have to toss them down and shoot them himself, or grenade on them, who cares. Stationary vehicles should not be hurt by tank mines.
  5. Brutus

you can get 3?
  6. Pockets

Engineers can via their utility belt.
  7. MeltingCPU

Things in game shouldn't be balanced around roles but in their real life counterparts. What I mean is that though PS2 isn't a simulator things in game are beginning to defy logic.
    This is from "APC" in wikipedia:

Armour on APCs are usually composed of simple steel or aluminium, sufficient for protection against small fire arms and most shell fragments. Just about any type of anti-tank weapon can defeat the armour of an APC.

I won't even start on Libs...

Tanks should have the toughest armour in the game. If you want to balance sunderers make them weaker but cheaper, that way people would care more about positioning.
  8. HeadshotVictim

what pisses me off most is the following:
    When I place 2 C4 at the top of a sunderer and I get NO EXP at all, because a HA is shooting ONE rocket at it, detonating my C4-Charges and getting the whole kill bonus for a free rocket, while invested 200 Infantry Points for nothing.
    THIS
    IS
    UNFAIR!
    I don't get why I don't even get assist exp (oerhaps crit assist exp?) for actually dealing the dmg to the sunderer.
    But no, the one DETONATING the C4-Charges/Mines get ALL the experience, no matter if it was his explsosive or not...
    • Up x 2
  9. Banick

Should've certed into AT mines mate.

Until C4 is cheaper or damage increased, I'm not touching it.
  10. Xasapis

C4 is a general purpose explosive.

• For example, it's perfect for taking out turrets. Twice that amount in mines and the turret won't die
    • It's a wider used explosive. Light infantry putting C4 on top of enemy tanks insta kill them. Heavy can place and then rocket it to 1-shot vehicles. Even medics can kill vehicles with it.
    • It's a great tool to take enemy max units without exposing yourself, aka throw it from a corner and detonate without revealing yourself. Crucial vs NC maxes.
    AT mines are only good for taking out vehicles. Of course, there are way too many vehicles in the game, thus the potential targets are numerous.

It's expensive because that stack of 40 can be used by any of your classes, while AT mines are engineer exclusive.
    • Up x 1
  11. LameFox

What an APC is to us and in a fictional world are not dependent on one another.
  12. Kittel

That is so true, annoying as hell.
    Libs and galaxies have too much armor and should also be vulnerable to small arms.
  13. Kittel

Give me a break...

Example: Libs - massive size, stronger armor the MBT, more powerful tank gun, infantry gun(s), I'm surprised it can take off at all! There has to be some realistic logic or its unbelievable, too much fantasy and people reject it, especially in a game like this. I can take some unrealistic things, but only for fun factor, less when used for pseudo balance.
  14. LameFox

For an aircraft the liberator is small. And the armour is barely stronger than the rear armour of an MBT. Grab one of each and shoot some missiles at them.

People select specific things they dislike and just claim it's because it isn't realistic, but it's hard to take them seriously when you think of all the other stuff they're overlooking. Where does a LA get all that jetpack fuel? Something in that pack is making it, but what's it making it from, and how does the pack have room for the engines as well as this fuel-factory? How do drop pods hit the ground so hard and take no damage, nor kill the occupant, and why doesn't that also work when they hit a vehicle? What exactly is a jump pad and what powers it? If that silly little engineer gun can repair vehicles so fast, why can't someone just use one inside of it, and why is the nanite auto-repair so slow by comparison? How is it we can replicate or repair people's bodies so easily, even from death, but we haven't bothered using our understanding of them to enhance our soldiers? Where do we keep all our ammo and spare weapons?

The list goes on and on. There's so many things that make no logical sense in this game that to choose something like 'we put more armour on a sunderer/liberator than a tank' is just nitpicking.
  15. OJ191

-Nanites
    -Drop pods are solid, and the player is spawned (like from any actual base) when it lands. This also explains why hot dropping a MAX suit requires your timer to be over and then makes it count down again.
    -They have a special landing system which prevents a destructive level of impact, but cannot detect moving objects. If it impacts a vehicle this landing system does not take effect and the pod is destroyed.
    -We don't actually sit inside vehicles, the player is despawned and controls the vehicle by remote then respawned on exit.
    -The spawn/respawn unit takes up so much power that the vehicle itself can barely run. This is why the nanite autorepair is so slow
    -Enhancement of any kind to the human body was deemed irreligious and thus banned
    -Nanites
  16. LameFox

That one is going to require some work, some of the vehicles have visible cockpits. :p
  17. OJ191

Nobody bothered changing the designs after we discovered how to spawn and despawn human beings. Because of how easy it is to create new vehicles it actually costs far more money to change a design than to just continue using the current one.
  18. LameFox

Actually, now that I think of it, if you kill a pod before it lands you also kill the occupant (as with killing vehicles).
  19. Ghostfox

The reason to use C4 is versatility.

AT and AP mines will only ever really be effective at the roles they are designed for.

C4 can be used regardless of the situation. That is why they cost more resources.. to have that versatility.
  20. OJ191

It counts as a kill because the resources slated to be used to spawn that person were carried with the pod. While they had not yet been spawned, their "body" was destroyed.

Oh and I'm not actually using official/canon info for this, I'm just showing how easy it is to explain :p