Can not Aim Down Sites & fire w/ a controller

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Morbissus, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Morbissus

Please fix this along with weapon switching once per spawn. I don't want to be banned for using xpadder nor do i want to stop playing. Developer(s) feel free to respond.
  2. Stormlight666

You get one loadout at spawn and the option to change weapons at a terminal. Isn't that good enough?
  3. SolLeks

fyi, using a controller in this game will be a disadvantage. they don't even have flight sticks working that well yet.

also, regardless mouse + keyboard is far more accurate as you don't have a deadzone in your aiming.
  4. Morbissus

Not in the heat of battle. Though, i'd rather ADS get fixed.
  5. Morbissus

I'm at more of a disadvantage with M/KB, so...
  6. Madrey

If you are using the right/left triggers to do then it wont work, I had to switch mine to right/left bumper

Right Bumper- Fire
    Left Bumper- Aim

Something about the trigger buttons being pressed at the sametime or with any combination of buttons causes it to cancel out. So whatever you put on the trigger buttons has to be something that is a instant action like Reload.

Right Trigger - Reload
    Left Trigger - Sprint/Run
  7. Morbissus

?
  8. CyclesMcHurtz Code Monkey

There is a limitation on some drivers that does not report the "shoulder pad" buttons separately. They tend to be mapped to an axis, which makes (to the game that is reading them) NO buttons (zero) look just like BOTH buttons (zero). If you find this is not the case, please let me know.

Statistical methods of trying to detect this are not reliable and result in inconsistent behavior - and inconsistent behavior is usually considered to be bad, especially.

EDIT: You can test this by mapping either FIRE or ADS to another button to test, and you should find the actions work properly.
    • Up x 2
  9. BusterMcKnuckles

Who cares if a mouse or keyboard is more accurate, more and more gamers are coming over from consoles as they age and having fully functional gamepad support is a must for pretty much any game. I don't use a gamepad myself, but I definitely feel that it is something they need to correct so....BUMP
  10. Madrey

Oh and DIE you Terran SCUM! :D
  11. Morbissus

The "shoulder pads" show as (zero) buttons. Thank you.
  12. Morbissus

You first NC traitor!:D
  13. CyclesMcHurtz Code Monkey

I'm sorry, but I'm not quite sure what you're saying here.
    • Up x 1
  14. Baldrick

I was able to get ADS to work with the triggers on an Xbox controller by selecting toggle zoom in general settings. This means you have to pull the trigger to ADS and again to remove it.
  15. SolLeks

sounds like to me that they report as the same key?

im not agenced people using it, its just that people will just do worse with it than they could with even the cheapest mouse and keyboard (which im sure they have if they have a computer to play this game).

more options is never a bad thing.

just saying, there is a reason there is a aim assist on consoles.
  16. Morbissus

I can use "shoulder pads" to ADS & shoot & use the triggers for other commands. Problem solved.
  17. mow

go better with mouse and nostromo for infantry fighting but way better flying when useing xbox controller. its 2013 and should be a standard thing for games now being able to use a controller. there are third party programs that make them work really well.
  18. CyclesMcHurtz Code Monkey

The problem here is there are analog triggers (I usually use them for gas/brake in racing games) and digital buttons on many of these controllers, and the analog ones are often mapped to a SINGLE axis where pressing the LEFT trigger is like moving a joystick all the way LEFT (we'll call that -1), and the right trigger is like moving the joystick all the way to the RIGHT (+1). The problem comes when you press them both, it appears to the driver that you could also have let go (-1 plus +1 equals zero).

Over the years (starting well back into the Windows 95 days) this had been a consistent problem from some controllers and drivers.
    • Up x 1
  19. Malsvir Vishe

If it is a PS3 controller, then you can use the Motion In Joy driver tool to force the triggers to function as buttons. If it's a different one, then I don't know how.