Holy Crap Light Assault can be good

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by phungus420, Jan 4, 2013.

1. phungus420

Usually play in an ESF or as a Heavy, but man I just had one of those moments using this class. Assaulting a tower in a tank, losing it, looking at the tower and I just thought man if I could hop up there. So gave the light assault another try and went on a 15 kill streak, got like 6 of them with a nade, and I'm not even cirted at all in this class. Didn't even die at the end when I ran out of ammo and almost rushed in with a knife, but the rest of the team showed up and I could ressupply.

I still think in most ground assaults I'm taking a heavy (or a tank if available), but man if situationally used this class just kicks serious ***.
  2. {joer

You are not a LA player until you go on a knife rampage out of ammo. Once got 6 kills that way but to be fair they had just capped the continent and a lot decided AFK time was in order.
    • Up x 1
  3. NordicTiger27

Two and a half rules:
    1. No one ever looks up.
    2. If you aren't shooting them in the back you aren't doing it right.
    2.5. If you C4 kill a MBT or Sunderer, you must walk away slowly like a boss. Remove helmet for hair whip awesome action. Repeat.
    • Up x 11
  4. Rogueghost

Every solider on this planet- even the females- have buzz cuts.
    • Up x 1
  5. GraphicJ

http://1.bp.************/-qDdnwPOuokU/TxNMk4iUxFI/AAAAAAAAAoI/HyLL3sHS4jg/s200/clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif
    • Up x 6
  6. Siilk

This should be on the first page of every LA handbook ever made.
  7. Iridar51

I think he was sarcastic.
  8. phungus420

Class has been too tempting to use though. Heavy would have been better in about a third of my last deaths (and I'm still hitting f reflexively). But damn, when you use this class right, like on Biodom rocks (right when you enter from the launchpad), you can seriously open up a path for your team to get out, especially if you have another LA help you out and clear that rock. Man, this class can be good, but I gotta remember the Heavy is really useful sometimes, and I feel like I'm pulling the LA too much - strategizing on some way I'm going to attack when I know I need to roll with the zerg as a MAX or Heavy.
  9. Wily

LA is by far the most fun class to play IMO. Flanking, hitting people from unexpected angles... If you can get in the right spot with people unaware you can wreak havoc like nothing else. The jetpack just gives you so many options to attack from places they don't expect you to be.

LA strikes me as one of the best balanced classes in the game. You can be an absolute monster as long as you have someplace to escape to, but you're pretty much hooped out in the open.
  10. BOTA16

The LA class felt out of place in this game when I first started playing it. But once you understand how to use the class' mobility, it becomes very rewarding. Funnest thing to do for me is to bait a max to chase me and then drop a C4 as I run around a corner and wait for him come barging in. :)
  11. HeadshotVictim

had a lot of fun yesterday with my sweeper :D
    Tower Base, flew up to the second level where in front of the exits of the respawn rooms gathered a huge masse shooting down the stairs... never could empty a whole 12 shot mag into a bunch of peoples backs and sides before.
    6 kills and a whole lot of assists because of buckshot flying everywhere. reload time was the only issue stopping me.
    (Can't we just get an ammo belt for shotguns? with 60 rounds to loose hell? :D)
  12. Silver Pepper

This.

Also add this essential rule.

Relocate after every kill.

Fairly often, they'll try to hunt you down wherever you were. Adjust your position to be in the best place to shoot them in the back if they do that.
    • Up x 1
  13. manmad

Ya, ive also started to love my LA! Im even playing it more than my HA.
    I just LOVE flying arround, flanking enemies.

I also got grenade launcher and smoke grenade launcher and 2x c4 and its amazing!

Just shoot some smoke at enemy sunderer, fly in, throw some c4, fly out, and BOOM Sunderer kill!

When there is no sunderer, i use grenade launcher. I just fly on top of a building so it easyer to hit enemies, and then every time i shoot a grenade, i atleast get one kill. Its awsome!

But smoking sunderers is the most fun :p Aspecially combined with IR scope so you are still able to see the enemies ;)
  14. Playful Pony

LA can be? LA is! I always get a highly respectable K/D with this class, which is very good for ones cert gain. Unfortunately a lot of players fail to employ the class to benefit the team, I guess primarily because going on a "killing rampage" benefits the player oh so much more. Then again, killing a large portion of the defending force in a certain area can be highly beneficial by helping your forces to advance if you take out the right enemies.

On VS the only thing I spend certs on are my LA and the ESF. It's great fun jumping from building to building raining death on my enemies, not to mention taking out entire squads because they didn't think to look up into the tree I was sitting in!
  15. exLupo

Once it clicks that all windows now = doors, life just changes.
  16. Silver Pepper

Except sometimes you buzz at them like a fly against a windowpane, trying to tuck up your legs enough to fit through.
  17. exLupo

It may be just in my head but either they tweaked models just a hair or the composite armor makes it a tighter squeeze. Still, the cat and mouse shenanigans you can pull in, out and through buildings gets so fluid once you get the hang of it.

If only I could fly an ESF that well.
  18. Silver Pepper

I got a reaver stuck in a door, once. Turns out the cockpit is just the right size and shape to get stuck in air towers.
  19. hostilechild

I fear LA more than any other class. TR/VS guns are lethal on LA.

I can say my largest kill streaks are as LA, typically use it to assault towers or take out enemy vehicles only. Shotgun just feels to powerful almost like when infiltrator had shotgun. If i didn't run out of ammo all the time with the machinegun i would probably play it more.

Flying with a shotgun :eek:

For real fun, try planting c4 on top of a LIB hovering !!!! Most fun ever.
  20. Suriakk

Back on topic..I love my LA with my AC-X11 A beast a close range and a monster at distance. Can't beat it.