Genudine: Cross-Faction Cooperation

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jrv, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Jrv

As an NC over the last few weeks, we've noticed that nearly every single day, the two largest outfits in both Vanu and Terran call a ceasefire and focus solely on NC. They've been doing this for a while, but ever since we capped the continent and got the bonus, they've been exclusively double-teaming NC all day, 24/7. We've confirmed, via infiltration of the "LUA" terran outfit, that this ceasefire does indeed exist. It's total, complete crap.

Today, we were pushed back to Stronghold and Feldspar, where =VX9= and ADK, the two most prominent NC outfits on genudine, had to work together with the entirety of our forces just to hold stronghold and feldspar from the entire Vanu and Terran zergs respectively. After hours, we even managed to push them back, and as of now, our continent bonus remains. Still, this behavior is nothing short of pathetic, coming from the two biggest outfits on each faction. When they're playing, the entire zerg follows them anyway, so it's essentially 33% vs 66% every night. Looking at the heat map, all red fighting on the map occurs on the NC border, whereas the Vanu/Terran border, which evenly cuts diagonally through the map, has remained the same for the entirety of our defense. This doesn't even take into account the CONSTANT exploit crashes EXCLUSIVELY against NC all day, and while we have no proof that members of these outfits are the culprits, they sure as hell capitalize on it.
    There might as well not even be 3 factions, everyone just focuses on NC regardless.
    • Up x 3
  2. Xind

That's pretty cowardly. I commend you for infiltrating hostile territory to unveil this treachery.

As all Terrans know, working with Vanu is a one way ticket to execution, then reanimation followed by demerits.
    • Up x 19
  3. TheShrapnelKing

This is what can happen in any three faction situation. I never have encountered that, though often on Waterson there is an unspoken truce between the NC and VS while we both tackle the numerically superior TR, in a "don't touch my territory and I won't touch yours" kind of way - we still engage each other on sight. On Esamir we tend to stop advancing north/south when we meet each other and simply stay on opposite sides of ridges, out of each others' sight, and just head straight east at the TR. There's so many TR it's virtually necessary or we both end up getting pushed back.
    • Up x 3
  4. Killuminati C

And we'll keep that bonus! Good job VX9! Keep up the good fight and we'll hold up our end. ADK ftw!
  5. ISpyWithMyLittleEye

Reminds me of the one time truce between the VS and NC on Briggs to neutralize Indar just for the sole purpose of getting back at the TR (and to majorly piss them off) for pissing off both the NC and VS.

Needless to say now that Indar is neutral all hell broke loose, TR is unable to hold any continents and Amerish still remains as the United States of Amerisha.
    • Up x 3
  6. Jrv

The problem on Genudine is that NC is simply too prideful and organized to allow them to neutralize us, so they go at us every day exclusively to no avail. The fact that we've been able to hold our bonus for weeks under such circumstances really says a lot about the capacity of the NC on this server. I suppose there is a reason Seananners plays here.
  7. wowie

Every time I read of this happening it makes me think of a quote:
    "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Maybe this would change if you got diminishing XP returns (and bonuses for the other side) if your personal stats reflected a large imbalance in your kills, e.g. I'd get less XP for killing terrans if I spend all day murdering them, but then I would get an XP bonus if I killed NC until it evened out again. After all, almost everyone would quickly start shooting each other again if it suddenly gave them a massive bonus, and their normal targets no longer gave them XP. Population imbalance giving much more rewards to the underdogs (and being continent based) would have to go hand-in-hand with this, though, in order for it to work properly.
  8. Jrv

This goes beyond simple incentive and experience.

This is the two largest outfits on each side, talking to each other in 3rd party programs and coordinating cross-faction pincer movements on our warpgate. No amount of incentive will convince them to stop.
  9. ISpyWithMyLittleEye

Makes me wish the NC on Briggs was as organized and populated as your server. Well ,we do have our moments though. Just yesterday a few major outfits got together to defend Amerish against a couple of TR zerg outfits trying to cap the continent just when we were about to lose it.

It was a 2 hour ops , but totally worth it as we broke the TR siege and drove them back. How I wished we could pull that off in Indar.
  10. wowie

There is always some level of incentive that will get people to do exactly what you want them to. Feel free to call me a cynical pessimist, because I am one. :) People already TK and steal kills for XP, and this would be no different since they are a "team" as you say.
  11. ent|ty

People wanted a meta-game. They got it.
    • Up x 8
  12. ExLibrisMortis

<-- Is laughing at the absurdity of such a thought.
  13. fuzzyfoot

It's true, anyone in LUA seen shooting a Vanu is immidiately disciplined until we warpgate the NC

Fuzzyfoot - LUA
    • Up x 3
  14. Luckyshot645

15. Jrv

It's not a thought, we've infiltrated LUA, the biggest terran outfit on the server(you can check their thread in the recruitment forums for more information), and CONFIRMED our suspicions. It's a legitimate ceasefire, and all evidence suggests that it is in full effect, every night.
  16. wowie

Exlibrismortis was created today and only has one post. Same with luckyshot. Nice try.
  17. MissVengeance

Gosh darn it! Why didn't anyone tell me?! I've been killing VS all week. I miss all the good stuff. Pew pew. XD

This is hilarious. thanks for the giggle guys. ;)
    • Up x 3
  18. Madmojo

Maybe they just want to break your cont lock
  19. Jrv

It's not gonna happen, honey. Better start wearing a collar and purple latex, seeing as how you're Vanu's lap dog at this point. Your entire faction could not push us from Feldspar while the entire 40% Vanu zerg pushed the other flank literally a few hundred meters away.

This has been going on long before we had the bonus.
  20. XanderSnow

It came down the chain of command, i had to issue a cease fire.
    the NC have grown too powerful and i must keep our goal of peace at all cost.

Stay frosty, we've almost won this war boys
    • Up x 6