TR AV Weapons

Discussion in 'MAX' started by gunfox, Dec 24, 2012.

1. gunfox

I bought the second one and tried dual wielding them. They seem pretty weak. You can't kill infantry with them at all (HAs take like 5 reloads), and even a parked lightning takes an eternity to kill. I think they should be buffed, make the shells do more damage and fly faster.
  2. TriumphOfMan

Haha you bought the Pounders. They're an even bigger joke than the Prowler.
    • Up x 1
  3. Revorn

Best use of em is for suspressing Infantrycrowds with his Balisitc Angle Shots at long Range. imho.
  4. gunfox

But I don't play HA and wanted some form of AV =/
  5. TriumphOfMan

Here's a tip: Play HA. You don't need to invest a ******** of certs to be able to point and click with your rocket launcher.

Here's the deal. You shouldn't think "Oh, I ONLY ever play Medic. Or I ONLY ever pilot aircraft."

That's not how this game works.

Classes and vehicles are tools to solve problems. Be ready to change at a moment's notice to suit a situation. Squad have no engineers? Grab one. No medics? Be one for the squad. 30 frakkin tanks show up at your base? Now is the time to grab a rocket launcher and start shooting them.
  6. Canaris

the pounders for the TR and I think it's the NC falcon are very bad AV weapons all round, the horrible arc and lack of splash damage vs armour really holds them back, that's why you see very few people ever using them. A HA trooper can do far more damage quicker with the lock on rocket launchers.
    The only reason I don't lump the VS in to this equation is the fact they have straight firing plasma which can actually be effective against vehicles and infantry.
    They need to swap out the grenade/mortar style rounds and turn them into rocket launchers for the MAXs
    • Up x 1
  7. Pat Cleburne

Bought em yesterday. Complete garbage.
    • Up x 1
  8. Plague Rat

They're only good if you're being swarmed by lightnings and flashes.... soooo... yeah.
  9. CommodoreFrank

Direct hits are pretty good against infantry, but that's about it. Don't expect much out of a splash. That said, I do get a fair amount of kills with the Falcon on my NC max. You'd be surprised how many people you can hit directly when firing into choke points or a crowd. You'd still kill much more efficiently with dual AI weapons, though.
  10. Talizzar

The are awful. A complete waste of money or certs. The TR MAX is fine for AA and I would say just ok at AP. The TR MAX and maybe all MAX's need to be far more resistant to bullets.
  11. Revorn

With klicking, lefft mouse, left mouse, rigth mouse, rigth mouse and the big Ammo, you can hold down a piont for a long time. I like that. Oki, i wished they do a bit more dammage.
  12. Vansoth

The Dual pounder MAX was an amazing AI MAX when Planetside 1 was first released. Then they changed it to an AV MAX weapon and it has been a weight hanging around the TRs neck ever since....just like anchor mode.
    • Up x 3
  13. Krona

All of them are terrible, the VS ones are SLIGHTLY better, solely because of the no drop thing.

The whole "low damage fast reload time" thing on a weapons platform that's supposed to be mobile (compared to vehicles) is terrible. A heavy can pop out of cover and shoot his RL and duck back down, a MAX pops up and shoots AV weapons, reloads in less than a second, and shoots again. The MAX can also shoot and duck, but to maximize the DPS of the AV weapons you really need to hammer **** with them.

The TR ones are probably the worst at actual AV due to the having to need 2 shots thing, and the high arc of the shots. Seriously, children throw rocks straighter than this garbage.

Technically the pounder was an AV max before it was AI in PS1 beta, they just changed it back. Honestly though, the PS1 pounder was ridiculous as an AI max.
  14. Takoita

I've tried the pounder yesterday and found the projectile arc and reload speed loads less then I remember it being a couple of weeks ago. Can someone confirm this?
  15. MaxDamage

They need lockdown and alternate fire from ps1, badly. I have fun with them though. I'd say most times I run up to lightning for direct hit, practically melee range, I win. just remember, double damage to rear of tanks is devastating.
  16. Metalsheep

Er... as a dedicated MAX pilot (9 years PS1 vet) The pounder was easily the best AV MAX in the game. It melted armor when it was locked down, could beat the other AV MAX suits without Overdrive, and would destroy multiple while in Overdrive. The pounder was a boss.

Though the Falcon WAS better at AI. If you could account for the shots arc, Pounder > Falcon/Comet in PS1.

For PS2, i think the AV MAX guns just need muuuch more ammo per clip.
  17. Takoita

There were some changes for pounders in this patch. We should re-test them again.
  18. Compass

Pounder on Tank - Same.
    Pounder on Mosquito - LOL so bad.
    Pounder Centering Range - Same.
  19. Vansoth

I pulled my double Pounder MAX when we were facing off against enemy armor in a bridge situation and it didn't turn out well. I sat there shooting a sunderer forever. Nobody was repairing it and it took sooooo many rounds and sooooo much time. I would have been better served letting the other infantry take care of it with rocks/c4/tank mines while I killed them troops pouring out with my Mercies.
  20. Compass

I think the issue with Pounders is that they're labeled as anti-vehicle, yet their designation: HEG = High Explosive Grenade. They are neither high explosive nor anti-vehicle. Frankly speaking, a single Pounder round is a quarter of a standard grenade launcher round from a carbine.