The new patch is a taste of what air feels like on the ground.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eduard K., Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eduard K.

Collision damage increased and render distance almost matching the effective AA range for a max.

Sucks to fly, doesn't it?
    • Up x 2
  2. Seryi

Cry me a river, flyboy. ;)
    • Up x 4
  3. Eduard K.

Negative, it is your turn now.
    • Up x 1
  4. Vargs

Flying is really easy and repetitive. I did it a lot during beta and for the first few weeks of release but you just end up getting into this same-y rhythm of blowing dudes up who can't fight back, backing off to repair, repeat, no matter the situation or terrain. You hardly interact with any of your opponents other than enemy ESFs. It did wonders for my K/D and cert gain but became really dull, really quickly. I don't desperately need certs for anything anymore, and I don't care about my K/D, so I only fly occasionally now rather than full time. Acting like pilots face any horribly unfair difficulties aside from boredom is ridiculous. Oh no, you might die sometimes as a pilot. Woe is you. Everyone else dies more and gets less kills.
    • Up x 7
  5. Vendettta

Hahaha.... awesome point. Yeah welcome to our world podders and zephs.
  6. Eduard K.

Then I suppose you will not mind having to deal with newb drivers crashing your tank and killing both of you in the process, to tell you the truth, there is no other aspect in this game that gets my adrenaline going rather than flying, sure, it gets dull to just blow everything apart with pods the entire time but when you start getting shot by AA and other ESF start chasing you, it is a whole new level of fun, not matched by any single other aspect in this game, from infantry to tanks, you get bored of flying? I get bored of participating in 100 vs 100 infantry fights shooting anywhere and getting kills inside a shoebox ( open field is different ).
  7. Przemogce

100% truth couldnt agree more !!
  8. Eduard K.

The same sad excuse, I am tired of owning, LOL, who the hell is going to believe that?
  9. Seryi

The same sad response from a hotshot pilot.

Go cry some more about the increased collision and how your precious air actually has a chance to be destroyed by return fire now. (Sound familiar? It should ;))
  10. Seryi

And yet all I see after this 'justice' is more hotshot pilots crying about how their aircraft is more easily destroyed then ever, doom and gloom, oh the pain, the pain that it is to be a pilot!

Cool story, bro. No, seriously.
  11. Eduard K.

Where???

They didn't change the AA damage, link me a pilot cry post made after patch.
  12. Argento81

Man if flying is repetitive, then imagine the rest of the game. Zerg rush, grenade spamming control points and HE farming spawn doors. Sounds like a blast.

Be honest, vent your rage against those who can effectively fly and call it a day. It just gets more convoluted in here every day.
    • Up x 1
  13. bluEyedillusions

Anyone older than 14 who's fun isn't directly proportional to his KDR? It's funny. See, as a person matures, sometimes that challenge is more fun than simply getting the kills. Especially if those kills are very easy to get.

I know, it's weird right?
    • Up x 1
  14. Seryi

15. Eduard K.

LOL, you cannot be serious, no one gets tired of winning no matter the age, all those sad excuses saying " I am tired of owning with aircraft, nerf pls" are nothing but people who cannot fly and try to misdirect intentions to what they can actually play, People rage hard when they try to fly and farm, pro dedicated dogfighter pilots shut them down easily because they are clueless as to how they should respond, THAT is the main reason why people cry about aircraft, the pro pilots that do not allow them to farm like pro pilots can.

It takes years to learn to fly on a pro level, I'd sympathize with their frustration if I weren't too busy laughing.
  16. Seryi

Super cool story.
    • Up x 5
  17. Eduard K.

Lol, that guy has his own agenda.

He is just trying to backseat develop, that is not ********, it's his idea of balance.

Crying is this:

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/air-is-still-op.68994/
  18. Eduard K.

Show me your 5.0 KDr if it's that easy, or are you below scrub pilot level?
  19. Hael

5.0 flying Kdr is easy when you bail before your opponent blows your vehicle up.
    • Up x 2
  20. MrBloodworth

I don't see anything in the patch that would affect Air or ground.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.