so i heard some interesting info...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ExarRazor, Dec 18, 2012.

1. ExarRazor

so i was assaulting allatum biolab a little while ago, and heard some interesting info.

im like, 90% sure it's total horsecrap, but its still interesting nontheless

apparently someone read on the forums, these forums, that the t9 carv was going to be removed on the next major patch.

i don't believe it for a second, but if it WERE true, im pretty sure every non-tr player in the game would give a big 'thank you' to SoE.

what do you think? horsecrap, or possibility?
  2. CobraBoss

I already know alot of players very mad about last patch , another like this wont help lol

I dont think they understand how nerfing things is dangerous especially on items sold for real $.
    You cant sell something then change it lol.
  3. ExarRazor

yea, that would make sense, except the t9 carv is the DEFAULT lmg. every tr player has it, no cash required
  4. GamerOS

Probably the excrement of a male cow., the amount of flak SOE would take if they did something like that is not even funny.
    They gave it a small nerf to bring it in like with other LMGs and people screamed bloody murder.

Imagine what would happen if they where to remove the gun!
  5. CobraBoss

well if they change the t9 carv s i think it is ...

infact if they touch t9 carv alone i think i will lose my TR guild lol
  6. Serrow

I'm wondering when people are going to realize that the T9 carv is inferior to the Orion.

They have the same RoF.

They do the same damage.

The Orion has less recoil.

The Orion has no bullet drop.

Seriously people, it's not hard.
    • Up x 3
  7. alecholman

I doubt they will REMOVE it. Nerf is possible; however (with bias), I do not believe it is anywhere near a "top 5" gun in CQC or range.
  8. HerpTheDerp

Sure you can, it's in the EULA.

@Serrow: Orion also has faster bullet, no drop, and better ADS accuracy on the move.

But don't worry, it's all balanced by the fact the mag holds "only" 50 rounds.

Oh wait... the reload time is almost half of that of CARV... nevermind then

[Edit] Oh right, also forgot that Orion has ADS movement multiplier of 0.75 instead of the usual 0.5!
    • Up x 1
  9. Ryloxx

Pulsar LSW - 143@10m - 112@115m - 0.3 - 698RPM
    T9 Carv - 143@10m - 125@65m - 0.4 - 750RPM

Even comparing these two. The Pulsar is slightly slower, and has 25 rounds less. Yet overall is substantially better than the Carv is. The damage lost over distance is minor, and funny enough the accuracy is actually better while moving and firing from the hip.

Side note, I have maybe 10 kills with the Carv just because I don't really care what people think the FOTM is, and I probably do just as well or better than most of the people with the Carv.

E
  10. CobraBoss

You're right they can after all , but no one wants to see where that goes , unless you have no hopes for the game..
  11. Meiu

The reload time on all VS weapons is pretty insanely awesome. It feels like the reload is added as a pure bonus to our already awesome guns.
  12. Virgul

13. ShakareeNC

50 Rounds....if the VS player misses (screen shake, your bullets hitting and throwing off aim, or stepping on a stone) the VS player loses cause he needs to reload, however you have 50 more rounds to keep firing while I return with nothing for 1.2 seconds. Thats why VS players should bump up to the Pulsar LSW, same dmg, slightly less ROF but 75 rounds, I am getting much better results from it then the Orion.
  14. IshanDeston

Yeah, never worked out well for World of Warcraft too. They shouldn't have sold it and then changed the game. Its one of the main reasons why it failed as hard as it did. MMOs really shouldn't change at all, ever. After all they sold the Boxed Copy to people.
    • Up x 1
  15. omega4

SOE would be crazy to do something like this.

That's why I think this will actually happen.

16. omega4

PS2 is the first and LAST free to play game that I'll ever play.

I'm sticking with traditional retail games going forwards.
  17. deaded

This is relevant to my interests.
  18. deaded

The LSW is amazing, Im amazed not more ppl use it. Well, cause Orion is such a failsafe option to begin with probably, but the Pulsar is a much more valid all-around option.
  19. Aelus

People still cry about the Carv? Holy ****. You all make it seem like it's the most godly of all weapons.
  20. IshanDeston

Because they never change or correct their gameplay balance... oh wait, ... they do, don't they?