Update 1 + Windowed Fullscreen = always on top

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jaybone, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Jaybone

As of today, playing with graphics set to windowed fullscreen, the game will no longer minimize or go to the background.
    Alt-tabbing will get the taskbar to show up, but it's impossible to get to other windows on the same monitor as the game. Even Show Desktop doesn't get it to minimize.
    It does not effect usability of apps that are running on a different monitor, only ones on the same monitor as PS2.

Win7 64-bit
    Radeon 5850 w/Catalyst 12.10
    • Up x 2
  2. Blakrock

I'm getting the same problem. Being unable to alt-tab sort of ruins the point of fullscreen windowed mode.
  3. Klelith

This needs to be fixed. It means I can't open any new windows while playing (as they appear under the game and are impossible to move), completely ruining the point of fullscreen windowed.
  4. TimeyWimey

posted a thread about this yesterday too, might as well +1 here too :)
  5. Eshaede

yea its annoying, woot for 2nd monitor but should need to really :(
  6. Fubbles

This definitely needs fixing. The windowed full screen mode is not working properly and it causes my Teamspeak 3 overlay to crash the game ( I could only get it to run in windowed full screen prior to the patch without crashing).
  7. HydroBIG BANG

Same problem here I now have to switch to fullscreen mode every time I want to tab out
  8. Cybergoblin

yes, it is screwed up
  9. Pivit

Getting the same thing, very annoying.
  10. Dopefish

same here, I just move everything to the 2nd monitor
  11. Kitsune94

You can use autohotkey as a temporary solution. It's not the best of methods, but in the mean time, this should work untill a patch is released that fixes it executable side.

Code:
    ;Planetside2 v0.483.48.180765 **SHIPPING**
    ;ahk_class GFC_StdWindowClass
    IfWinExist, ahk_class GFC_StdWindowClass
        WinSet, AlwaysOnTop, Off
  12. Eunoe

I have been getting the same problem to, for now though I've just been using alt+enter instead of alt tab
    • Up x 1
  13. Plunkies

Same problem.
  14. Silver Pepper

Same issue. I have a second monitor, but this doesn't help when stuff opens under the game.
  15. Smoo

Can't tab out to TS3 and set/edit whisper lists. Please fix.
  16. Kitsune94

*FIX FOR THIS*
    I can confirm that the AutoHotkey method works, however, I miscoded in the above. I rewrote the above to work properly. Run this before starting Planetside 2 and it'll loop in the background.

Code:
    #NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
    #Warn  ; Recommended for catching common errors.
    SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
    SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

;The Information for the window.
    ;Planetside2 v0.483.48.180765 **SHIPPING**
    ;ahk_class GFC_StdWindowClass

;Equiv of for(;;)
    ;Loop in background.
    Loop {
    IfWinExist, ahk_class GFC_StdWindowClass ;Find Planetside 2
        WinSet, AlwaysOnTop, Off, ahk_class GFC_StdWindowClass ;Disable AlwaysOnTop
    }

17. Deamian

/signed and also related, logout and i still hear music? i go to task manager and the game is still running somewhere...
  18. Ecko

I have to put the game in fullscreen to just minimize it and that's annoying...
  19. Kitsune94

@Deamian
    Look for either planetside2.exe or Awesomium_process.exe, Though please don't bring other threads into threads that aren't yours.
  20. Darthbob509

same issue here as well.