New patch, Way to ruin the only Defensible base fight!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DEDMON, Dec 12, 2012.

1. HMR85

It is not suppose to be easy. If people want to play a easy game go back to BF or COD.
    • Up x 2
  2. |Poo|

RIIIIGHT!!
    Cause nade-spam is serious business.

Heaven forbid you have to defend an area larger than a living room... try not to have an aneurysm or anything.
    • Up x 1
  3. DreadPirate

How did I know they would eventually cave-in to the "I want everything dumbed-down " generation.
    • Up x 2
  4. Degenatron

I think the real problem here is that many of you only think of "Defense" as standing in a semicircle waiting for some poor schmuck to run through a narrow door.

The only time you try to defend is when you think you have a reasonable chance to not die and farm kills.

Amp Stations are EXTREMELY defendable if you aren't a total vegetable - which unfortunately most of the PS2 community is shaping up to be.

From the description, the Tech Plants are following the same design: TWO generators must be brought down to nullify the shields.

Here's a scenario to help you people understand what "defense" really means:

Let's say you have a little sister that's 12 years old. Some creepo tries to touch her. Are you going to:

A) Stand BEHIND your little sister and girly slap the creepo.
    B) Step between your little sister and the creepo and proceed to shove his teeth down his throat.

From the way the vast majority of you fight in PS2, I'd say your choice would be A. And there's your problem. All of you need to step up, leave the protection of your force fields, step out there - where yes, you WILL get killed and your precious KDR will take a ding - and smash the enemy in the mouth as hard as you can. You get BETWEEN them and the objective and you say "This is MINE!" and you don't let them touch it.

Stop expecting the devs to pander to your cowardice ways.
    • Up x 8
  5. iGamer1990

every thread somebody gotta bring up COD or BF3 ..ya bring it up so much ya should go and play it we get it already
  6. Xizwhoa

Thank you terrible cod/bf players for ruining yet another part of this game. Up next, amp stations, biolabs, and after that... The Crown. We don't want to fight other players, and now we need do so even less. Crying about grenade spam? If you use only one of the seven ways into a tech plant than you deserve it. The best is that the generator and the cap point aren't even near the main spawn room teleporter so if you aren't sitting outside that shield hoping for someone to pop out and getting fragged down you deserve it.

I can understand profit margin but when your better players start leaving because of the "cater to casuals" mentality this will be like WoW except this is an fps, and less people play it already... If another massive fps style game comes out and I hope it does so the devs can watch this game become an empty shell.

This is the generation of easy mode lazies that don't want tactics, just free stuff without having to put forth any effort.
    • Up x 2
  7. HMR85

Amp stations are a joke to take. Stop acting like they are defensible. Everybody on here knows that is not true.

This is what needs to make a return. There was a actual flow to taking a dam base. Quoted from MuNrOe

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 4
  8. m44v

If is too hard to defend, is too easy to take. If is too hard to take, is too easy to defend. What about how easy is to defend it? isn't that a easy game mode too?

And if you aren't a dev then what you think is supposed to be is irrelevant.
  9. Nonesuch

I never really enjoyed the long base camping sessions in tech plants so this to me seems like a good change. If the enemy has so much air you can't control the courtyard, or so much armour you can't go outside, then that to me seems like a lost fight.

I like Planetside 1 but the combat was in no way good and the base fights were boring as hell. Door camping gets old and I don't particularly find people being forced down narrow corridors to get farmed by thumpers and people hiding in third person behind corners to be fun.
    • Up x 1
  10. Tricky

It makes me sad to be honest. Using a sunderer to go through shields and blowing up enemy AMS Sunderers and often turning the tide of battle was one of my favorite things to do in this game...guess we won't be having that fun anymore.
    • Up x 4
  11. Superdano

Damn, Planetside 1 is looking pretty superior right now. How the hell do you go from making a great game eight years ago, and then put out this garbage? You should always keep what works, and improve on what mistakes you made before. Just sad:(
    • Up x 3
  12. Vermana

Terrible Patch, IMO.

SoE, you need to make major facilities MORE DEFENSIBLE, NOT LESS SO. Tech Plants are the source of MBTs for Nanites sake, THEY SHOULD TAKE HOURS TO CAPTURE, NOT MINUTES.
    • Up x 8
  13. Flarestar

Wait, is this accurate? They removed the teleporter from the spawn room to the main base interior as well?
  14. Vanon

Isnt that the point of a base? To be able to defend it with a disproportionate amount of troops? I'm not one to jump on realism, especially on a futuristic game where despite having shields, and the ability to respawn and create stuff out of thin air, we are still using weapons from the 1980's, but seriously, who designed the bases? There is little to no advantage defending a base, vs attacking it. We might as well fight in the fields... their are rock outcroppings that are far more defendable. I understand it sucks being turned away from a base assult, but as it stands there are no rewards for base defence as is, there is no advantage for base defence except a spawn point, so why fight there? It makes more sense to wait till they leave and then just attack it and gain it back.
    • Up x 4
  15. Blitzkrieg

Tech Plants were very defend able however they were borderline impossible to break some times. However I had no major problems with a solidly defendable facility. Thing was it could get a bit grindy at a tech plant.

AMP stations are the worst to defend. The outside is far harder to break than the inside. Once you smash down the turrets and get in close, that amp station is lost pretty much.

With the new changes, it makes Biolabs probably the most defendable, yes there maybe about 5 ways into the biolab however you can actually defend these quite solidly without it being quite like the tech plant.
    • Up x 1
  16. Nonesuch

You're crazy if you don't think defenders have the advantage, if you can keep the shields up in some bases is really tough to get into the courtyard assuming the defenders aren't terribly outnumbered.

Do people just not defend the generators?
  17. MrBloodworth

[Drama lama]
  18. Xizwhoa

Exactly. Now people will leave and come back 15 minutes later for free xp... Welcome to PS2, home of the fps that doesn't have any if the s.
  19. Xil

Oh they are supposed to be defensible. But after half the stuff I've seen on my two primary servers as both TR and VS, seeing how LONG you could hold the base against, as I said, a HUGELY disproportionate (not just normal disproportionate) amount of troops just got boring.

I've seen SOME complaints about this on the forums, but not a firestorm. So I'm willing to bet the devs watched the flow of battles, tracked logons/logoffs, pop swings, whatever and basically went that it wasn't 'right'.

Don't get me wrong.... on defense in Tech plants, I always had a blast laying down cover fire. It's all going to matter just how defensible the shield location is (still at work, so I haven't seen it).
  20. Wibin

I did nothing but repair the generator at tech plants when I was there, or try and defend the hard to defend cap point.

LA could fly over the shields on the side with ease, no problems.
    A galaxy drop on the roof = instant success.

A liberator could take out the turrets easy.

Tech labs were REALLY hard to defend. I loved it though.

Now I'm not going to bother.
    The base with the most holes to take it over now is harder?
    Makes no sense.

Getting faction mates to help repair stuff is hard enough as it is, they want to do other things.

I've been in battles at Amp stations where 4 or 5 people out of 100 are the only ones repairing generators.
    What?! yeah.
    Granted, this is the stupidness of the players and not the design, but still.

If they are going to make the generators go outside, they need to seal up the holes in the ground floor of the base and only make it accessible though the roof.
    No free-in back door, no jumping over the side gates.

It's just an easy take now and makes the fighting for it on esamir crazier.
    only one tech plant on esamir, best battles always there.

3 factions duking it out for hours and hours and hours and hours.
    It was simply amazing.
    now its going to be interesting to see what happens.
    • Up x 1