SweetFx news?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Žiga, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Žiga

is there anything new around sweetfx... when will SOE decide if is it allowed or not...? (some SOE admins are using it...)
    or, would anyone tell how to instal it, so the SOE wount be able to ban you... i was reading this somewhere on the forum...
  2. Wrek

SweetFX is (afaik) still undestinguishable between actual hacks and itself, so using any mod of this kind is unadvised untill A: they officially state that they are allowed (that hibgy uses it is not an excuse, sadly) or B: they incorportae its effects into the engine itself. untill either of those, using sweetFX and/or the widescreen mod fixing resolutions for some monitors is most likely going to earn you a ban.
  3. Mansen

It still quite clearly isn't allowed - it affects your gameplay - and therefore not allowed.
  4. AltMelodium

Affects gameplay? No it doesn't. I bet the devs haven't stopped using it either, while we have to deal with the blurry mess.
  5. Mansen

Yes it does.
  6. exLupo

In what way? /legitimatecuriosity
  7. AltMelodium

I think you're confusing graphics with gameplay.
  8. Noollab

I believe, if you look around the forums, and find the well-hidden SOE posts, that the use of SweetFX is specifically deemed to be against the rules, and that they are much more prone to implementing the shaders etc. themselves, rather than actually allow for DirectX Injectors (since these can be used for hacking).
    The reason SOE officials are allowed to use them, is most likely because SOE trusts their own employees (probably because said employees have more at stake, if they're caught).
  9. Mansen

It changes the way the game is rendered - whether you use it to the fullest extent or not is irrelevant. Right now the distinction is whether it changes the gameplay in any way or is just an external overlay that has nothing to do with the game (Teamspeak, Steam versus overlays for maphacks, aimbot and so on)

http://iceimg.com/i/5e/eb/04e27fea00.jpg

Nope. You're confusing gameplay with "playing the game".
  10. exLupo

Yea but.. how does that alter gameplay? And what do you define as "gameplay" in the "Affects gameplay." sense?
  11. Gary

They stated using any form of program that modifies or injects files is a bannable offense. Since in the right hands SweetFX could be used to grant the player advantages such as Cloaked infiltrators showing up a different color it will never be allowed. I think the launcher simply just flags your account if you use any modified DLL's or other files.
  12. Mansen

It changes the way your world appears - outside of what is allowed in the game. This directly affects your gameplay to some extent. Again - distinction rules. Whether having 40% extra gloom and bloom actually helps YOU is irrelevant - it CAN. That's where they make the distinction. Use it and risk banning - don't and you're fine.
  13. exLupo

14. Maer

Filters, special contrast options..

Every FPS player knows that 50% of winning a gun fight is seeing your target before they see you. Target acquisition is made easier with SweetFX. Same thing that happened in Battlefield 3.
  15. Demrock

Even some dev's use it people, you can safely use SweetFX if you want.
    By some posters here i just need to laugh realy hard....

A guy with a 2000 euro rig cheats versus me is what you guys sound like as they have much better performance then some1 with a 800 euro rig.
    What you gonne do about it ?

Using SweetFX you can adjust some settings wich should also be ingame, so nothing wrong with using it.
  16. Mansen

Just because a developer uses it, does not mean you are allowed to. I haven't heard a more asinine argument all day.
  17. hostilechild

SweetFX seems to make NV scopes better. My scope shows people white with black surface areas and works at most 50m (maybe some issue on my side?) But in videos of the same scope/same gun SweetFX makes the enemy show up bright red with a better visual distinction of buildings and trees and well over 100+m not just limited range. That alone is a huge play difference.
  18. MrBaracu

But if a developer use it he can get a ban like a normal player because PB don't see the difference between the devs and a normal player. So if a dev use it and don't get banned we don't get banned too.
  19. Mansen

Err.. no. First of all the developers are using their own clients to run the game on. Secondly - PB can be configured.
  20. MrBaracu

So if there have a other client you think PB don't get it?
    I think you are right with "PB can be configured" but not with "developers are using their own clients"