Team killing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by StrataDragoon, Dec 2, 2012.

1. StrataDragoon

Team Killing should be turned off in this game. It's just to easy to get ran over by a tank. If not turn of team kill atleast make it so that vehicle will only kill the enemy team or something Im sure SONY can do this. Then again this isn't Microsoft...since this game is F2P.

Do something about this please.
  2. Daemeon

This is certainly a new thread never before seen on these forums.

In other news.. OP was never taught to look both ways before crossing the street...
    • Up x 1
  3. Lokarin

I hate when my weapons get locked for firing on teammates when I'm hiding in a bush, kilometers away, in a cave, WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!

How are teammates magically warping right in front of my gun?
  4. Necron

Well I did kill a heavy once the walked up behind me then killed me to get to the guys outside the door I was shooting through. When I got rezzed by a nearby medic he went down fast with a few shots to the back of his dumb-*** skull. Frankly the only time I shoot teammates now is when I can't tell friend from foe in a fight because some of the camo packs are a little too effective. Or when someone runs in from of me while I am fighting someone else, but that's their fault. Tanks are a pain because most of them never look where they are going, or are just asshats(I did have one run me down just because I was between him and where he wanted to be, we were not even in combat).
  5. 13lackCats

Sometimes I wonder.

Do they wake up in the middle of the night and think, "MY GOD, I ASKED THEM TO MAKE THE GAME EASIER!"

I do think that there should be more strict penalties for FF. A guy running someone over would be subject to inquiry...just as much as a guy who stands in a road full of moving vehicles.
  6. BadMannerKorea

Some people in this game deserve to be teamkilled. If you stand in front of the vehicle station and get killed, it's your fault. If you run into a missile while it's going towards a target, you deserve to be killed. If you taunt me, run into my pov, and facecheck me, you deserve to be killed. If you try and ram me off the road with your tank, you deserve to be killed.

Get in my way, and **** with me, I have no problem teamkilling you. So no, keep the team damage, because it allows me to deal with the idiots, and get a laugh while I'm doing it.
    • Up x 1
  7. Drevar

I don't want to see artificial protections to prevent TK'ing (friendly fire immunity), but I would like to see a much lower tolerance and harsher penalties for it. Loss of sunderer respawn or vehicle spawn privileges, stopping resource or cert gains, etc. for a time would work well.

The problem, then, though, would be reverse griefing. Some *** jumping out in front of your tank on purpose to cause you to rack up TK penalties.
  8. AnnPerkins

I took to using light assault so I can jetpack whenever I hear/see a vehicle near me since most drivers seem to intentionally tk. Dodged a friendly heavy tank this way but while I was in mid air he blasted me with the main turret. Point is: teammates are always going to kill you while in vehicles.
  9. StrataDragoon

Yeah and pedestrians never learned it either lol
  10. Patrician

For heavens sake, look where you're going! It's really simple, really, really simple!
  11. StrataDragoon

That's not what my dead team mates are saying.
  12. SenEvason

If they were saying anything, I'd be pretty worried.
  13. Freyar

Vehicles FoV is too narrow "to look where you're going". Magrider is WIDE compared to what you'd think looking out the port.
  14. Lethal_Sting

Maybe, but just as likely drivers fail to check their blindspots.
  15. Patrician

Not the vehicle driver, the grunt running across the road.
  16. Freyar

They're blindspots. In a Magrider, you run the risk of running more people over turning left or right trying to check for infantry than to keep going forward. You also run the risk (in combat) of exposing your backside to hostile HAs and other armor.

I do watch the minimap for infantry, but it's not perfect.
  17. Grixxitt

At this point if I'm part of a kill box and some idiot jumps into my line of fire I don't even let off the trigger.

I've also been guilty of tking as retribution for someone's stupidity, and killing engi's that don't drop ammo or medics that don't heal, but I usually have to be already p.o.'d for that to happen :'(
  18. StrataDragoon

Im just saying we have a bunch of ******* that go running right in front of a tank and they get mad when u kill them. team killing should just be turned off.
  19. G1n

this is why FF should be removed from this game.
  20. NullPointer

I'm still relatively new to this game. I've been TKed a lot of times and it is almost always my fault (like standing on the vehicle spawn and getting squished before I even knew it was a vehicle spawn), running across the path of a moving tank... those two are the two biggest reasons I get TKed. I consider it a learning experience and I consider not TKing people by mistake part of the game's challenge. So no, don't turn off TK.

I almost always only ever damage a friendly player because for some reason I sometimes find it difficult to identify them friend or foe, usually in CQC. Not sure why. Maybe the camo thing.

But you folks who TK because a healer didn't heal your sorry ****, or is in your kill box miles from you, or because some little thing ticked you off, YOU SUCK.