Deleted my TR Char on Miller. Reason? TR is seriously broken.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sikab, Nov 29, 2012.

1. TheShotgun

it also looks like they are firing a *****...
  2. Elbryan

Except it has no recoil and reloads in half of the time Carv does. And that's without upgrades.

Heard from a friend how awesome Orion is so I tried it out. Wen't on a 10+ kill streak the first time I used it.
  3. Xenocide

This. Dat feel when you have accomplished which is hard.

It's like playing a single player game in Nightmare mod and finishing it liek a boss.
  4. centurionvi

CARV and Orion have identical ROF.
  5. Curze

no, they dont. stop believing the ingame crapbars
  6. BobJohnson

I find my VS HA far more effective then my TR HA. They both put NC to shame though. It's weird playing my NC HA after getting use to the recoil of TR and VS. I enjoy all 3 factions though.
  7. Gambles

It OK. People just don't realize until they have actually tired TR, I didn't realize they were that bad until I seen they killed me more often than Vanu and decided to try em out.

Let's not let this thread die, as a reminder for the Dev's.
  8. Good53X

I support your choice OP :)

Thismorning I rolled a TR and a VS just to see how they felt. I went 2:1 on the TR after messing around for 20-30 minutes - but keep in mind this was assaulting a biolab. It felt like every NC was a sniper! And I realized, that as NC whenever I have to fight at greater than 50m, I roll sniper too - because of how awefully innacurate our guns are... but I digress.

I deleted that guy and rolled a VS, and I went something like 42/12 in 36 minutes. AS LIGHT ASSAULT. Again, assaulting a biolab. I'd also say that 3 of those deaths, EASY, are from me trying to use NC terminals, or thinking that NC were allies.

It's not about TTK point blank, it's about TTK from across the room, across the gorge, or from the roof of the building. VS Light Assaults have it soooo easy. I messed around with HA too, and while the accuracy is amazing, it's more situational. With LA's, you have the mobility to truly milk the value of your low drop, high accuracy LAZERZ.
  9. Curze

T9 has about as much recoil as the Orion, its hard to say which one has it lower, its nigh indistinguishable
    and reload time? oh lol, yeah, that sure is a good trade off for the lower RoF...if you are TR, I mean...
  10. centurionvi

11. Curze

• Up x 1
  12. Elbryan

Are you kidding me? Reload time is a big factor. Carv has huge down time. The amount of times I've been caught with my pants down...

But as I just checked the stats, other than mag size and reload time there are no noticeable differences.

Orion = Carv

I just prefer half the reload time over doubled magazine size.
  13. Goden

Let's make a deal, shall we?

You can tweak our weapons

after you make it so the Prowler isn't a POS.
    • Up x 1
  14. Nenarch

My opinion aswell, give me carv..

Game is about close combat with HA, under 100m fighting about 90% of the time as we'r focused on substations and facilities capping. Only idiots(theoretical people) talk about long range infantry fights in PS what's whole idea is to shoot/take cover or use vehicle if it's that long range.
  15. Hashi

Tanks are mainly for defense. Not to assault a place unless you've got like 10 of em'. I don't see why you guys are whining so much though... I've played all factions and literally all you need on that TR tank is AV piercing ammo and boom. You've got to precise shots that do high damage to vehicles. Maybe even mobilise and take em out much quicker. Other than that, I use my TR Prowler for infantry, because... it's what it's there for! Taking out AMS/Infantry.
  16. Tact

It's all good buddy, water under the bridge.

Personally I have noticed a sharp decline in NC numbers on Woodman EU since launch, that has meant the remaining players have to fight harder, but it is an enjoyable challenge. A few tweaks would be welcomed, but I don’t believe the NC need buffing, people rightfully point out we have the hardest hitting weapons; I would like to say we have a fair amount of noobs, but noobs tend to be the ones who leave for easier factions.

Thanks for the post^. :)
    • Up x 1
  17. Raka Maru

Just the title alone of this thread and the OP rambling tells me this is an underhanded, well veiled "Nerf the TR's" thread posted by a shady untrustworthy character. Shaaaammmmeee!!!
  18. badname02

I've played every faction to at least level 10+ so I could rack up 200+ kills with the standard load-outs on every faction. My conclusion so far:

Best Heavy: either TR or VS -> TR has an amazing clip size, great damage and good accuracy. VS has half the clip size but somehow I can usually shred faces with it close range.

Best Infiltrator: NC -> Personal preference; their bolt action sniper is the best long range starter sniper. TR and VS are on equal footing: TR more effective at range and VS are more combat snipers which works quite well.

Best LA: TR -> Best combination of accuracy, RoF and damage. The other two factions aren't bad either though.

Best engineer: -> See ''best LA''

Best medic: -> played this one the least, this is up to you all to decide =p

But this is what I think so far. I mainly played TR at start and am now playing VS and NC mostly (my TR is highest level so the rest has to keep up =p)

Love em all though, but further ''balancing'' or a slight buff here and there should be done. But please don't eliminate the differences between factions: it's one of the things I love about this game ;)

EDIT: this is only for infantry ofc...
    Gotta say I love the magrider though <3
  19. Dis

This thread is truly special. And by special I'm referring to the fact that anyone with basic motor skills and an IQ of 85 or more can do quite well at this game, yet threads like this and the other hundred or so similar in tone actually exist.

You are all special, especially if you convince yourself you're playing some sort of hard mode by being on any specific empire in Planetside 2. Special.
  20. 13lackCats

• Up x 1