State of the game : HACKED

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MattHigbjaz, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattHigbjaz

Ok right... I love this game dearly.. I REALLY REALLY DO.

But as of the hours this forum has been in where we've basically been exposed to all the hacks in the community right now. This is absurd.

They started spamming the forum because they know that SOE is helpless like a lamb. The true champions are the hackers and cheaters not the developers. Matt higby haven't even responded.
  2. MattHigbjaz

bump i need insight and clarity!
  3. Badname2059

OH GOD. A FPS WITH AN AIMBOT OUT! THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE! GAME IS DEAD!
    • Up x 5
  4. Ixal

Somehow I get the feeling that you are the hacker and are just promoting.
  5. MikeJCMindhunt

haha ^^ lol i bet my *** off your a troll
  6. nella

If you're gonna promote your cheats then do it more subtle, you fail terribly and will get banned soon again.
  7. MattHigbjaz

Guys we need to unite on twitter and ask higby! Cheats killed PS1 and if we don't act quickly like they should've done in BETA. Then cheats are gonna kill this game aswell!
  8. Kuriby

Yeppp... Unfortunately this is the case... if you just google it, you realize how easily it is to obtain hacks/cheats. Come on PS2, you guys do realize that Core Combat --> BFRs --> Hacks... was the order that killed your old game?
  9. Goden

Before you make your pathetic attempt at a witty remark, consider these:

- Planetside 2 is free2play, which means you cannot ban repeat offenders. They will always come back and will always find a way to come back.
    - Most dedicated servers have admins on standby which can permaban people at the push of a button. PS2 has "GM's" which make cases against players which take weeks or even months to review and process before the hacker is finally banned (Then they just make a new account).
  10. RoflSeal

SOE could do what WG did with World of Tanks where all Calculations are done by the server so basically speedhacks or any sort of hack or cheat are impossible unless you hack Wargaming itself (and lets be honest if you do that you would want more then to mess game physics)
    • Up x 2
  11. Badname2059

Before you make an asinine remark about the game being F2P consider this:

Neither of the points you listed were ultimate deterrents for hackers. A banned hacker had enough tricks up his sleeve that he could even circumvent hardware bans. So what, people can make new accounts on PS2 and start hacking again. Likewise, when banned from any other FPS where hacking was equally as rampant, hackers would and did find ways to circumvent punkbuster/server bans.

No system is perfect. Hackers will hack. Besides, you seem to forget the devs have mentioned adding punkbuster in the future, so no the system won't always be GM "trials" that probably consist of a quick glance at a characters statistics and an immediate ban preceding that glance.

Hacking isn't anymore rampant in this game as it is CS, BF, MW, UT, TF, <insert any FPS you have played in the last decade here>. Hackers will hack and circumvent anything, bans notwithstanding.
  12. Datrucane

People keep forgetting that in this game you can't just change server when encountering a hacker. You will risk losing your territory amongst other if you retreat to another content.

Hacking in this game is completely different compared to other games...
    • Up x 2
  13. Limabean

I think I encountered a aimbot last night also. Looked around a rock saw a ha 180 and head shot me till I was dead. Maybe he was lucky or very good, true. The way he was whipping around so precise looked like a bot. I watched the chat for the next 5 mins or so he was double and triple killing people repeatedly. Possible still right, they were all in a row before other spam could get in, thats pretty fast or hes getting a 3 kill every time he fights. I tried to find him to record it but never could, so I have no proof. No one even noticed his kill spam cause it's so chaotic. It really is a prime game for hackers, they aren't noticed because of all the chaos, so it's easy to blend in. This guy wasn't totally dominant like a COD server, there is just too many targets to kill before being killed.
  14. Faction

yeah, SOE needs to step up the anticheat big time
  15. iGamer1990

hackers are in all fps games no way to stop them noobs honestly you can find ways to stop them then they find new ways to get pass security its sad
  16. Cyridius

The problem is to reduce server load they've had to push alot of these things client side.
  17. Badname2059

Most of the data hackers are attempting to manipulate is turning out to be server side, so they are already one step ahead of you there.

Ammo count, bullet damage, and health seem to all have some server-side calculation, so atm those values haven't really been hacked.
  18. Phyr

Every time I die it's obviously a hacker. There's no way someone killed me through my skill shield and uber 1337 FPS veteran heritage. Lagging? Hacker. Headshot with a bolt action? Hacker. Killed me because you got the jump on me? Hacker.
  19. Badname3073

What you probably don't realize is that 99% of hackers are deranged kids who simply downloaded and installed someone else's hack (plus a bunch of trojans included for free). It is easy to deter these kids by standard anti-cheat tricks. Of course, the remaining 1% of l337 h4x0rs will persist, but with not much of an impact, so you can ignore them.
    • Up x 1
  20. Ghacero

I agree with this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.