Deleted my TR Char on Miller. Reason? TR is seriously broken.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sikab, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Xasapis

owww, roleplaying
    /golfclap
  2. Omnom

VS FTW. I love them because from what I can tell, they have the most accurate weapons. Idk, I picked them originally because if I could establish an intergalactic faction, I'd do it EXACTLY like the VS :3.
  3. franchised

think you need to calm down bro
  4. Ranik

He's essentially right. TR have the worst vehicles that have never had their problems addressed. And forum goers whine 24/7 about something like a .05s TTK difference in their infantry weapons.

It's essentially like watching someone complain about the only good thing you have.

Nobody is screaming about OP Prowlers.

Nobody is screaming about OP Prowler secondaries.

Nobody is screaming about OP Mosquito's

A handful of people are screaming about a miniscule TTK difference on infantry weapons.

It's childish of them and embarrassing.
    • Up x 2
  5. Prosecutor

I Like how you play down the value of the prowler. The prowler has the highest Burst damage cause it fires 2 shots at once, its the best anti infantry tank by far, just saying.

And since you are trying to talk about other aspects of the game i think you forgot that having a decent LMG comes in handy when HA is the only real infantry tool to deal with vehicles. and i think you forgot that you cant capture bases with tanks.

+1
  6. Moxin

It is always better to play all factions and classes before judging them, in every game.

Anyway, good you noticed the difference of the faction weapons. The recoil and spray of NC weapons are stronger than both other factions for certain weapons. With some weapons you need to use bursts to hit the enemy and this is actually the weakness, since the opponent will highly kill you and just hold the trigger and fires at you.
    Overall, I think the damage from infantry weapons is way too high for a game like Planetside...it should not be a counterstrike game. The head zone is too sensible and the body area not enough sensible to dmg...

Quiete a change with your opinion :D
    • Up x 1
  7. Ranik

Someone always brings up the Anti infantry remark. As if that makes up for the legion of other problems with the tank.

The prowler only actually functions as the best burst damage tank if you are at point blank. Otherwise you have to aim for both shots and waste time.

The prowler is a brawling tank in a game where brawling is a liability that will get you killed.

All of that burst DPS means nothing in any form of group tank / infanty combat.

It means nothing. Unless you are stuck in a 1 v 1 fight at point blank with a magrider you basically have no DPS advantage
  8. Wrek

Someone always brings up the weakness of the MBT remark
  9. Calaerin

Thought I'd throw in my two AU:

I used to think ppl were whining about the RoF differences and recoil issues between TR and NC, until I was fighting CQC with TR yesterday almost exclusively, playing as a NC HA. I seriously lost every fight, to LA and HA, even infils got me when I got the drop on them.

Now before the whole "L2P" issue starts, I actually was getting the drop on most of them, firing first at point blank range, also controlled burst firing, not just pray&spraying. I also lost a good few fight due to mistakes on my part, but in most situations I should have won, I mean, firing at a LA from point blank range with my HA LMG should see me coming out victorious, right?

I'm not saying TR is OP, nor that the entire game should be catering to my poor skills, just pointing out that there really is something not right here.

NC needs a slight buff in accuracy at least.
  10. anaverageguy

If I may, did you aim down the sight? Because I can say the opposite in regards to winning CQC fights against opposing HA as NC. I can proudly state that I have never won a direct confrontation while hipfiring with an NC weapon, but when aiming down the sight, I'm at least alive at the end whereas the other guy is often.. not.
    • Up x 1
  11. TWFTwilight

Yeah and the main role of the MBT´s is now to kill infantery? Poor Lightning seems completly useless.
    Besides, in an normal engagement you have other things to take care of, before you snipe footsoldiers, like magriders, who avoid your shells via strafing, or vanguards who suck up the damage of your first shot while you have to readjust your aim after the recoil of the first shell.
    And you know what? I´am fine with that, since I know we have a slight advantage at the infantery combat (atleast against some inexperienced NCs). Btw the best LMG is worthless, when you are getting shot at from pretty much every angle.
    I think you forget C4 and tank mines, which I already used against vehicles in a more effective way, then the rocket launcher and last time I checked, you can capture control points with vehicles :p

PS: Roleplay is awesome.
    PPS: Sorry, If I have offended someone. I´am just sick of all these whine threads. SOE is gathering data like google. The notice if something is performing to bad or well and will adress it.
  12. Goomba

The starting LMG for NC is objectively worse than the TR one in every category except recoil per second, though. Like, just to be clear.
  13. MaxDamage

Boohoo. Can I has your certs?
  14. Grotpar

That's a silly situation because nothing can defeat a Vanguard in a straight up fight where the Vanguard can reliably hit them.

Magriders have to take Vanguards at a range, because they'll die just as fast in close range.

The Prowler excels at AI, and as a tank driver, this is way more important than anti armor to me, that's why I use the lightning with a HE turret way more than I use a Magmower.

Having access to the Prowler would be amazing for me.
  15. D0n

But ROF makes no difference in rifle/LMG gameplay!

ROFL, ROF is EVERYTHING in this game if it's automatic, tired of saying it over and over during beta, they decided it was a good idea to give both VS and TR good ROF while ******* NC in the *** without a good damage compensation for the ****** ROF/spread and recoil.

I knew this was coming on release and not as a mistake but since NC was so overplayed and literally used to **** the living hell out of all other factions that they had to release the game with a bad NC, everytime they want to balance the game trying to force people to pick whatever side is underplayed they buff it to ridiculous levels and gib one faction who is overplayed, in this case it so happens it's always NC.

Balance is not about nerfing the most played side, if it's become a chore to balance the game and you feel like tricking everyone your game is balanced just CLONE all weapons already to see who starts crying and not.
  16. Littleman

Assuming everyone will have pin-point perfect aim is part of the flaw in this debate: TTKs will fluctuate greatly from all the missed rounds which SOE can not possibly predict except within a margin of like 20-30% hit ratio. Even the best players put out an ample number of extra rounds due to their own inaccuracies.

Only the SAW really has any problems with firing control in my experience. The stock gauss rifle is more than fine, superior to the T1 Cycler in my opinion. My rounds go squarely where my iron-sights say they will and I can manage the recoil to make sure they fly true. There is no way anyone can tell me that this rifle is underpowered when I feel like my enemies melt before my eyes, where as I feel like I'm working for my kill with the cycler - I make a 3-4.0 K/D gauss vs 1.5-2.0 Cycler average after one hour. My cycler can put rounds anywhere within the circle of the iron-sight initially... at some distances I'm guaranteed to miss a few times. Maybe if players focused less on being HA with the brutal SAW and tried anything else, they'd find the carbines and rifles make for very competitive weaponry. I love my goggles (that do nothing) too much to switch to the empire with the weaponry I obviously mesh well with, and the closest thing I have to the gauss rifle TR side is the NS-11.
  17. Pella

If you cant out kill your enemy with a T9 Carv, And running around in HA. You must simply aim with your arrow keys.
  18. Jet Uppercut

I'm not gonna lie, after I got killed by a TR using a mini-chaingun yesterday, I was ready to change factions.
    Come on, a mini-chaingun? $7 is a bargain for something that badass. I don't care if it's absolute rubbish to use.
  19. Calaerin

I did, ofcourse :D
  20. Veil

It's not childish or embarrassing to provide feedback on a problem in the game that affects you. As I don't play TR, I have never been compelled to discuss the Prowler. I do see plenty of TR mentioning "the Prowler is the worst tank" repeatedly.

I'm not disputing that, either. As someone who occasionally guns in a Vanguard and has fought them, I'll agree that your siege mode ability seems very lackluster by comparison to what VS/NC tanks get, and could probably use some love. If only other factions could be as sportsmanly and honest about game balance, instead of the tired old "L2P NC SCRUB"

But just because you have a bad tank doesn't mean your side deserves to have better guns. The game should not be balanced like that, so it's really a silly argument to make. What you need to do is be more vocal about ways to improve the Prowler in a fair manner, and get people on board with it... not try to block other empires who are trying to get their own imbalances fixed.