Low FPS - Is it my system?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lavenders2, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Lavenders2

Another standard "low FPS" thread but with more problems...

VIDEO CARD: AMD Radeon HD 6520G with 5GB of memory
    PROCESSOR: AMD A6-3410MX @ 1.6gGHz
    RAM: 8GB
    NATIVE RESOLUTION: 1366 x 768

I generally get 20-30fps outside of battles, which is ok, but then it drops down to 10-25 fps in battles which isn't ok. I would like to upgrade my computer so I can run this game and many others to a better standard...

1. Is this low FPS for a system like this? Is this a problem with the game or my laptop?
    2. What is it in the above specs that I would need to upgrade?
    3. How can I upgrade it since it is a laptop?
    4. If worst comes to worst I cannot upgrade this, how could I maximize performance to squeeze out another 5-10 frames?
  2. Beartornado

My specs (in signature) still get 20-30fps outside of battles, however I've done some optimizing in the UserOptions and on my computer that raised that to 40-50fps, but ultimately I Always get 10-15 fps in battles, and as low as 5-8fps in the harshest of battle scenarios.

That being said, they aren't optimized to use multiple processors, which means I probably have more to gain from whatever changes they make than you do. I could be wrong but I'd say your processor could use something newer, idk about your video card.
  3. mercnet1980

AMD users are getting heavily **** upon by this game. Hopefully we see some optimization the have been talking about soon.

In your build, your Proc is causing the performance. For starters, I do not care how good they are, I will never use a laptop to game. You are pretty much limited in what you can do. I do not see anyway for you to boost any performance with existing gear. Bottomline: system needs to be replaced.
  4. dailyroach

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3.00GHz
    NVIDIA nForce 650i
    4GB DDR2 800
    2x galaxy factory overclocked 9600gt cards in sli mode
    Win 7 64bit ultimate

This game runs like **** !!!
    My system was an absolute beast when i bought it it was the best i could get and cost a small fortune still runs just fine and runs most games on full just fine .
    I dont understand how someone can make a game taht looks fantastic run on specs older than mine yet they bugger this one .

how much do i have to spend on new hardware to play this on full and what hardware should i get is sli even an advantage at all?
  5. CM32

not just you, a whole bunch of us really...

This game really eats up the CPU and performance tends to drag behind the more players you have on your screen regardless if its old or new, its not until the game is properly optimized that we can play it with a decent framerate. Right now if you wish not to spends some hundred bucks on new hardware which is hard to earn these days I say you w8 until those optimizations are up, hopefully we can play well then.
  6. XiBangBang

Game is unplayable i have wasted hours upon hours trying to get it to work with the view distance and priority changes all low settings low res. my view distance is 200 for *** sak and the game plays like complete doo doo

Q9550 processor
    6gb ram
    Gtx 550 ti graphics card
  7. Daswen

This game needs a best CPU with 8G RAM for running fine. Imho, Graphic Card is only useful if you want to play on high graphic option. Actualy, my PC cant handle the game properly. I need an update. My E8500 OC 4.2Ghz is weak on PS
    , and i think the fps drop is coming from it, and the RAM overload.

So, I m planning to upgrade my E8500/4G RAM for a I5 3570K / 8G RAM, and i m pretty sure my 480 GTX Hawk will run this game smooth and fine.
  8. Timeraider

windows 7 64-bit
    I7 2630QM 2.0GhZ
    geforce Gt555m
    8gb ram
    (yes.. its an laptop)

changed inifile to set shadows to 0, set texture quality to 0 and renderdistance to 1400.
    Atm i run 45-50 at spawn, 35 at common battles and 30 at heavy battles
    And throttlestop 5.0 to open up my cpu a bit more.

I do agree the game needs quite a bit more optimisation though... people will never be able to enjoy the awesome graphics if it gets them 1 fps
  9. MisterBond

The low FPS is caused by the FXAA/TXAA Anti-aliasing the PS2 dev's are forcing on you

In the beta disabling FXAA/TXAA gave you 20FPS+ easy

I suggest complaining, the more people complain, the more they'll have to listen
  10. Gaseous Snake

The HD 6520G has 5GB of memory? Sorry but your specs are seriously low. This game is CPU dependent and you've only got a 1.6Ghz APU at that. I've got a 955BE at 3.2Ghz with a 6870 1GB card and still get awful frames with outside battles its around 50 and the longer I play it drops down to about 10-20.
  11. Ricodon

No it isn't because your IGP is garbage for playing games like PS2!
    Definitely a problem with your laptop
    Buy another Laptop with dedicated graphics card YOURS is integrated in the A6 CPU!
    If your Laptop has a free PCI-E socket than you can go and buy a Laptop graphics card but I doubt that's possible.
    1. Turn down the graphics and the render quality.
    2. search the forum, there are a bunch of threads for getting more FPS

BTW: If your IGP uses 5GB of your 8GB memory, you only have 3 GB for the rest of your system. :D
  12. Zakuak

AMD XT 1100 X6
    2 EVGA 680 GTX in SLI
    Asus Crosshair V mobo
    Gskill 16gb of ram
    CM 1200watt PSU
    2 - 256GB (approx) SSD
    1TB WD Black HDD for storage
    CM HAF X 942 case (like that mattters but it does keep the system nice and cool)
    No OC'd parts period all stock speeds.

Game runs like poodoo. I dialed back the render distance to 1k from the absurd 9999999 default and that helped a little bit, atleast now I can look around with out stutters. I average 34 FPS in areas with out a large fight, in large battles I can sit at 20FPS but if I turn left or right it drops to 2FPS for a split second then back up to 10 then to 20.

My GPU's IIRC hover around 25% usage and all but one of my CPU cores are at 10% -15% or so...one core is at 80% or more.

I hit ALT F in game to see FPS and noticed next to it it said CPU in blue text...what's that about?

I am being a BIT stubborn and have my setting all on ultra via the ini so I may put the default ini back in and try the game out at default settings but c'mon the textures in this game need all the help they can get lol =\.

I have also read about "un-parking" my CPU's cores....About to go read more into that now.
  13. DianaSM

After reading several posts about "optimization" "low performance" etc i came to the conclusion that there is NOTHING i can do (other than upgrading) to be able to play this game on my system.
    Im currently on an Intel E4500 core 2 duo 2.20 GHz, 4 GB Ram DDR2 and with an Nvidia GeForce 9600GT 1GB GDDR3 and i average about 30-40 in empty areas or small outposts but drops to about 10-15 in larger bases such as bio labs and in large battles i have about 2-8 fps ... small skirmishes about 10 fps ... so in other words unplayable

I know my system is rather oldish and maybe outdated but i can still play several of the new games just fine but not this one. I guess ill have to wait until they optimize the game further or until i can get myself a new system, which can take a while. Till then, uninstalling the game :(

Too bad, this game rocks :(
  14. Zakuak

Bumber Diana.
    Hope to see you back once they get it "optimized" and/or you have upgraded hardware.
  15. CM32

A wise choice IMO is to w8 for those needed updates b4 you buy anything, cause its kinda of a waste of money if you bought a shiny new high end CPU only to find out the new patch makes it work with what you already have....
  16. DonnyD.

Your APU is the issue with this game. it is no where near powerful enough to run PS2. Unfortunately your only real choice is an Intel i5 chip either a 2500k or 3570k if you want "good" frame rates "playable" frame rates can be had with with a phenom 2 x6, The new AMD stuff sucks compared to the phenom 2 line up when it comes to gaming. Specs and FPS in sig it is worth noting that I can run at ultra and still be CPU bound ALL THE TIME.
  17. Oddzball

A lot of you seriously.. talk like your system is a beast but I'm sorry, you have really bad system specs. And I quote;

m currently on an Intel E4500 core 2 duo 2.20 GHz, 4 GB Ram DDR2 and with an Nvidia GeForce 9600GT 1GB GDDR3

HD 6520G (Uh this is a really bad video card for games.)

And i could continue, but seriously, you guys think a core 2 duo is a good CPU in this day and age? That's like literally 5 years old.

18. mpbond

Granted, this game doesn't take a lot as far as GPU, I have a GTX280 and I get ~70fps at the warpgate and ~40FPS in big battles, but I have a 3570k w/ 8GB DDR3. But a 9600GT just aint gonna cut it. Also, this game also only uses 1 core so clock speed is king. I wouldn't run anything under 3.0ghz for this game.
  19. Vodkabeast

Problem is you bought a fu.cking acer APU laptop.
  20. Mjolnir

That machine is over 5 years old, what do you expect? Also for the record that would not have been a high end machine, even when it came out. The 650i is a midrange board, the 9600GT is a midrange card, and the E6850 was released months after the quad core CPUs were already out.