How to fix tech plants in one easy step

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Slink(FSU), Nov 29, 2012.

1. Slink(FSU)

Swap the locations of the generators.

Now with the shield generators being outside the main building, the defenders will be forced to split themselves between defending the shield gen and defending the cap point. It gives the attackers an easier solution as well if they're facing defenders who aren't organized. By bringing the SCU gen inside the main building (and putting a shield around it) it mimics the amp labs which are a lot of fun to fight.

Right now it's just a grindhouse - send enough folks in and hopefully some live long enough to get to the generator. By swapping the generators there can be tactics actually involved in order to win these things, and I doubt we'd see many 3-hour long tech lab battles persist.
  2. Redemption

maybe its just me.. but I love tech plant battles as both a defender and attacker and they shouldn't be changed but thats just my opinion
    • Up x 4
  3. Katzura

tech plants aren't hard to take controll of, you just need to have a coordinated attack and not ZERG!
    get 2 full galaxies (with a good mix of 1-2 engineer, 1-2 medic and rest a mix between HA and MAX), drop one at each generator and just take both of the generators by force.
    As the generators goes down, roll in mechanized with infantry support and kill everything.
    after this, enjoy your free tech plant.
  4. Ðeadite

A really heavily defended Tech plant is very difficult to take. The tactic TR used on us one time was a mass coordinated grenade spam by light assaults - it was pretty gnarly to suddenly have like 50 grenade thrown in all the various entrances. None of the other bases are this difficult to get into. The problem is it ties up a huge part of your forces in hours long siege to a tech while enemies take all your territory unless some large organised outfit comes along a breaks the enemy defense.
  5. Katzura

If it is a really defended one, go take all territories around it to cut it off, bring massive air and kill everything in there untill they give up. npnp
  6. Marinealver

So far the best way to attack the tech is to surround the spawn room not take out the SCU. (Untill someone decides to park a sundy AMS in the vheicle bay.

That is the problem there, Spawn camping is a better strategy then spawn nutralizing. That is almost as bad as the best tactic was AFKing for resources.
  7. Wasdie

That would make them too easy to take.
  8. Aghar30

Tech plants don't need to be fixed, you just have to not be stupid....which sadly most pubbies are incredibly stupid.
  9. guitarxe

Time and time again some random stupid pubber comes onto forum to whine how he's so stupid he's not able to solo take the tech plant together with the rest of the zerg.
    "But our zerg is spending HOURS throwing bodies at the enemy!" the stupid pubber whines. "The game must be designed bad and must adapt to ME!"
    Then a small group of organized people rolls in a shield breaker sunderer loaded with engies, medics, maxes and HA, busts the enemy AMS sunderer in the vehicle bay, takes out the generator and wins the battle in 10 minutes.
    • Up x 2
  10. bPostal

That still puts the spawn building way out in the middle of nowhere. (Disregarding, for the moment, the teleporter in the back of the spawn room)
  11. Xizwhoa

If you make yourself grenade fodder, el oh el. Nothing sweeter than that 5+ kill grenade. One grenade, 2300 xp, you can't beat that. If people played smarter than that wouldn't happen. Until then let the bottleneck continue.
  12. UberBonisseur

And that's what we call a "large scale epic battle":
    Fighting over 2 doors for hours until some squad decides to dive in and win the facility in less than 5 minutes
  13. DrTeeth

The Amp Station needs to be buffed to Tech Plant level, not the other way 'round.
  14. Swaag

I got a wicked Nutralizer this morning. Makin' my day.

THAT sir, is a keeper.
  15. Aghar30

so much this
  16. Bigperm

Tech Plants are easily overrun with shield bust sundies after the courtyard is under control. Amp stations need a large force to properly man towers and walls, working as intended imo.
  17. Slink(FSU)

I've seen Mekala Tech Plant held for HOURS - even after the map all around it has been taken.

The issue is that for amp stations and bio labs, there are multiple ways of entry into the base to disable generators. With a tech lab, there's really only two - the small entry way above the shield in the vehicle spawn (which is next to impossible to use because the LAs will just get torn up), or the end of the lab that has the two doors and the elevator. The spawn for defenders is outside the base, but the first thing defenders do is deploy a Sundy inside the lab and then after that don't even use the main spawn.

This just ends up in seeing what side can throw the most people in the grinder - there's not many more tactics beyond that. Because of this, battles can last for hours and hours, and the game simply wasn't designed for battles to be this long - player culling gets out of control and you can't even see players 15 feet in front of you.

If you swap the generator locations, then it takes defenders AND smart attackers to win. Defenders still need to watch the end with the doors and elevators, but they also need to make sure the generator is secured. Battles could still run for hours, but if they do you know it's because you have two very skilled and tactical sides - not just zerg vs. zerg.
  18. Freyar

I prefer Tech Plants being the cluster**** that they are. It's a nice change of pace when every other facility is more spread out. The mean, reinforced aspect of these shows just how important they are. (And they are! MBT spawns are reliant on being linked.)
  19. Wargrim

I like that Tech Plants are so hard to take from the gound, but i would like the roof to be a better attack route. For example by placing a control point on the roof that works like the Biolab Outpost Controll Points, and gives you control over the two Teleporters at the sides.
  20. VictusB

Tech plants should be easier to defend than take. They are vital to the success of a faction on the map. imo they are actualy much easier to take than they prob should be, but thats very much my own opinion.