Nerf Giraffe Camo!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Winky, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Winky

Giraffe camo is incredibly overpowered.

I made a video to prove it:
    • Up x 37
  2. DeadlyShoe

this explains so much about vanu technology.
    • Up x 2
  3. Choppstick

lol this is epic...

Even if it is the space hippys
  4. Wahooo

I'll admit I'm not good... but this just reinforces all of my rage at times when I'm screaming all the TR around me are retarted.
    • Up x 1
  5. Winky

TR and NC simply lack the mental faculties to tell the difference between a light assault with a pandora shotgun and a giraffe.

The solution is to instill a hatred of giraffes in them so that they will shoot at them anyway.

Also, equip your ESFs with A2G rocket pods (Air-2-Giraffe).
    • Up x 2
  6. GigaClutch

Haha, fantastic post.
  7. Specktre

EPIC, I have got to get me me a shotty, then I might be able to hit something....... Since I shoot blanks most of the time (yes it is a personal problem, don't judge me.)
  8. Rothnang

Honestly though, some of the camo makes people look like the default suits for other factions at first glance. I completely understand that NC is fooled by this sometimes, because in lowlight conditions the brown suit with purple shoulder pads looks very similar to their sand colored suit with blue shoulder pads. No idea why TR didn't open fire right away though.
    • Up x 2
  9. saltin

I was going to wait till the giraffe camo goes on sale but this video proves i need to get this NOW !
    • Up x 1
  10. Hadrian

shame the opposite happens around fellow vanu and they pop headhsots into you every time you turn a corner :(
    • Up x 2
  11. Bavieca

actually, I have noticed that that armor camo makes me think the vanu is an nc. It can be mistaken for blue armor on khaki like the NC standard outfit on a cursory glance. I am sure once I get used to it, I won't get tricked by it as often. I don't know why TR would have a problem with friend/foe recognition with that though.
    • Up x 1
  12. Littleman

Yeah... these guys made the creepers that go to the Wal-mart at 2am in the morning seem "all there" in comparison. Makes me wonder what the hell I'm doing wrong that the guys I'm fighting against seem to have the same skill set as AI on Veteran. I can't peak my head out without every single gun and grenade firing my way despite being in a friendly crowd that loses their target simply because it takes off into the air. Seriously... LA aren't that hard to hit, they're slow as a paraplegic dog and as predictable as a straight line.

Love the music choices, by the way.

EDIT: I'm also encouraged to try the zebra camo. Thanks, another $10 gone.
  13. Winky

To actually be honest: it doesn't matter what colors you wear. I was able to pull off very similar stunts wearing stock Vanu armor, or the Alpha squad camo.

What you're really doing is exploiting a psychological principle: because you are suddenly appearing where no one expects you, their brains fail to realize you're not supposed to be there. It's actually a form of change-blindness. The first time I did it I honestly thought I must be invisible or something due to some glitch. But the crazy truth is that if someone's not looking for you, they can look right at you and still fail to see you. For the majority of those clips I was deep in enemy territory and I was acting very strangely for what you would expect: I was following people around and trying to get close to them, but doing so in a way that didn't make me look like a hostile, on top of coming from strange angles and not firing my gun until I was immediately on top of someone.
    • Up x 3
  14. Freyar

Not enough Giraffes. Man.. where are those idiots on my server? Everyone seems fairly sharp.
  15. FladFox

16. Eugenitor

Yeah, what server was this, and what time were you playing? I can't see anyone pulling this off on Connery at night.
    • Up x 1
  17. RetroRayner

This video is amazing, because:

It shuts every VS whiner up about thier weapons being UP, that shows the complete opposite.
    It shows how bad Infiltrator cloak is, because clearly you are less visible as Light Infantry.

On a lighter note, I wish, I got to face that many dumb enemies.
  18. Hadrian

shotgun , every faction has them
  19. Winky

It was Helios, I forget what time as I was playing all day.

Anyway, you'd be surprised.
  20. notyourbuddy

I have had instances where I've run into the enemy and we both just stare at each other for about 3 seconds before realizing "Hey Your a Bad Guy" and we proceed to open fire.

Everyone wearing different colors and some teammates wearing the same camo as the enemy be confusing at times. Though considering I have joined the ranks and bought 3 different camos myself I guess I'm part of the problem.
    • Up x 2