Can I run it?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by PoPDieTy, Nov 26, 2012.

1. PoPDieTy

Well, actually I can (barely)... but I am currently having the FPS drop issue... so I can't really tell. Some times it goes to 30FPS :|

These are my current system specs:
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.1GHz
    (CPU is not enough, I need advice on a good CuadCore CPU that can run this game smoothly)

GPU: Nvidia GeForce 8600GT
    Clocks> Core 540MHz Memory 400MHz :( <- sad face

The GPU is very old, but the are giving me a free Nvidia GeForce GTX 460, which is a HUGE upgrade :D

So the only thing that I need to worry is about the CPU, they rec a CuadCore.

I don't know much about hardware, so here is my motherboard info.
    MOTHERBOARD:
    • MSI
    • MS-7390
    BIOS:
    • AMERICAN MEGATRENDS INC.
    • V1.2
    GRAPHIC INTERFACE:
    • PCI-EXPRESS
    • LINK WIDTH X8 MAX SUPPORTED X16
    MEMORY:
    • DDR2
    • CHANNELS # DUAL
    • 4096 MBytes
    I need to know which CuadCore CPU does it support, if it does... of course one that can run this game. If I set up my PC to being able to run this game in High graphics I can, most likely, run any other game without issue.

Also, my powersupply is 450Watts, do I need a new one???
  2. Beltway

Whats up man. I would definitely recommend a new power supply. 450Watts isn't (in my opinion) fitting for any decent gaming rig, at the minimum I'd recommend 680watts or more so you know you wont have to change it any time soon even after future upgrades.

As for the processors that has been an issue for me as well. The only thing I keep hearing is "Get an i5 2500k" you know the usual banther, but like you I am pretty much restricted to AMD processors. Now I don't claim to be an expert on AMD or Intel, but both of them seem to suffer with this game and until they optimize it to where all amd and intel users report no issues then it's a flip of a coin.

The best peice of advice I can tell you is to go to TomsHardware.com and post this exact same question on their forums and you will get a ton of expert advice that will help you make an educated choice on processor. Best of luck to you man.
  3. Request Denied