LA Loadout Tips/Help Required

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Chug, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Chug

Afternoon, guys.

My first forum post, so be gentle ;)

Loving light assault, seems to be proving fruitful in terms of kills, assists and I find it quite comfortable to play in a support/cover role (i.e sneaking round the back, jumpjetting over a wall and sticking a grenade in the middle of a group of unsuspecting purple/reds followed by a covering of lead. The only thing Im having a bit of trouble with is the loadouts/carbines for different situations.

I'm trying to get together 3 loadouts. 1 for close quarters, 1 for medium range, and another for longer ranges. For my close range I'm currently using a laser and a 1x red dot sight, for medum I'm using a forward grip along with a 2x red dot sight. Havent unlocked loadout 3, but again it'll be a forward grip with a 4x scope. The gun descriptions ingame are a bit contradictive and I can't really tell what gun to chose for each situation. Is it worth using shotguns over Carbines in close quarters? Anyone have any solid recommendations on what gun's you would use in each situ? any other tips would be awesome, thanks!

EDIT: I'm playing NC
  2. FieserMoep

I would suggest you to play just one loadout that fits all roles. As a LA you arrive in the most different situations. You can not plan what range the battle will be on, everything might change, for you as a LA more than for others because you do not stick to the established front line, you go over and around it.

So I would suggest advanced laser sights for CQB and hip shooting while flying, Then I would suggest a 3.4 scope for range combat, they mostly seem to have a clearer vision than the 4x scopes and are usable at short and mid range, long range is to far for any carbine. As ammo either soft point or high velocity are usefull and a supressor is nearly a must.
  3. Chug

That's great, thanks very much. I have pretty much been sticking to my medium range loadout for most of the time. What about guns? For the moment I've spent my certs upgrading the default carbine, it's decent from a medium range, but up close it doesnt seem too effective (although that could just be my piss poor aim).
  4. FieserMoep

Well, I am TR but NC is considered to have the best Carbine, its called the GD-7F when I am informed right, though I have never played with it. Also some ppl. love underslug grenade launcher, though they are only available to one weapon per category, normaly the upgreaded or "sidegraded" version of the stock weapon. Also you should cert into C4, its kinda awsome, though on pack might be kinda dull while 2 can be realy awsome but expensive.
  5. Fenrys

Learn from my mistakes: decide what attachments you want to use, and make sure your weapon of choice can mount them before purchasing that weapon.

On day 1, I trialed the VX6-7, thought it felt great, and then purchased it. Later, I found out it could not mount a 2x reflex or underbarrel launcher, so now I'm stuck grinding 500 cert points to get a Solstice SF which can mount both.

You can see what attachements a weapon can use in the cert menu, even before unlocking it. Look before you leap.
  6. Chug

Yeah C4 is something I'm aiming for. I'll check out that gun. Cheers for your help
  7. Boroming

he is right. as an LA you can't predict the distance you will be fighting. you need both medium and short range together. and that is a bit tricky to achieve.

depending on your playstyle and your "skill" prioritize a distance and compensate the other with a bit of handwork. i choose to prioritize the medium range and compensate the hip fire manually (short burst, a lot a recoil corretion). a bit tricky but it does work well.
  8. Caracal

since you are NC (mentioned shooting reds and blues) you might want to put a 3X-4X scope with a lazer sight for close quarters.

The 3X-4X sight is nice for sniping from a spot you like. But, it will be very cumbersome... or unwieldy... in close quarters. This is where the lazer sight comes in. It will help your CoF when shooting off the hip (not aiming down the scope).