I am glad I did not spentd $60 on this , NO hardware scalability whatsoever

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SBGTF, Nov 20, 2012.

1. MorteDeAmgelis

Skyrim is prolly the closest you are going to get to Planetside 2 in the sense of very big open world.

Get a Skyrim mod that allows you to spawn stuff. Get somewhere where theres LOADS of terrain (ie not in a building / cave) and spawn 60 - 70 mods. THEN test your FPS. Then thats prolly the max you will ever get for PS2.

Crysis - Small Maps, low entity count, NEXT.

Guys STOP comparing this game to other FPS's, CAUSE IT ISN'T.
    The most you get on a standard FPS is about 64 players.
    The most you get on PS2 is 600 players.
    The Unreal engine wouldn't work for PS2 cause the load on the engine would be way to high considering that most games never went above then 64 player max. Granted they prolly could go higher but it may strain the engine.

PS2 is made on a BRAND NEW ENGINE. So not only will they have Game Optimisations but they will also have Engine Optimisations.

I get 30 - 40 FPS on BF3 on Ultra
    And I get 20 - 30 FPS on PS2 on High.
    I ain't complaining.

My Specs incase you were interested

Intel Core i5 2500K 3.4Ghz
    Nvidia 550Ti 1024mb
    16GB 1866Mhz RAM.
    And is installed on a WD 2TB 7200

Honestly, I think its my ram allowing me to be able to run this game mostly, I mean its way Overkill :p
    • Up x 1
  2. Arandmoor

WTF? Is he playing on a 360 or something? Those are like...2002 specs other than the OS.
  3. WolfA4

My cell phone has more power than the OP's computer.
  4. Shazbotacus

I'm amazed you can run anything at all. That is... really, really, terrible.

i5 3.4ghz Quad Core
    8gb DDR3 RAM
    Radeon HD 6870

And I'm doing 70-90 FPS on high, down to 50-60 in major fights.
  5. MagicHamsta

Mayhaps if your 386 went over to the darkside.
    • Up x 2
  6. CzingerX

Smooth as silk here.
  7. JKflipflop

Don't turn on GPU particles. They'll kill your frames unless you have a bigboy vid card. Which OP doesn't.
  8. Cabbage

Hrm, i vaguely recall PS1, and ps2 on low (can't play a good frame rate higher yet) looks a bit better, in terms of eye-candy than PS1. Granted PS1 was faster to run on my system, it only gets nutty choppy when more than forty tanks are on screen (our tanks).

I suggest a slightly meatier CPU (hopefully with a touch more cache on it) definitely more ram, since win7 should be able to handle that (unless its 32bit?).

basically, max out your board, if your on a budget and cant just fork over for a brand new rig. A 2.5 if not 3, should be dirt cheap by now (I haven't looked for new parts in over 4 years - so I'm off on prices I think).

Also, turn on that frame-rate meter, if it's using [cpu] THAT is the reason its unplayable, you're asking your poor CPU to do a large amount of work.
  9. F U P S

I concur, this post is fabulous.
  10. ELTORO

I play without any lags on low in my regional server. And could even play on med setting in low intensity battles.
    I have a dual-core OCd to similar as urs. The trouble I think lies in win 7 . I have Win Xp. Win 7 hugs up too much resources . On a win 7 pc with a much better quad core spec but just 4 gb Ram. I lag.
  11. F U P S

Big words from a little man.
    I think it would be "acceptible" for you to take ALL THAT MONEY you make, and go back to school to learn some grammUR.

Ya big dope.
  12. Thudruckus

Holy *#&$ get a new computer. 1.66ghz.. jesus man. OCed to 2.66 JESUS MAN AGAIN.
  13. Thudruckus

SRSLY! I paid $700 for this video card in 2002!
    • Up x 1
  14. Meiu

The huge amount of calculations and rendering in this is beyond the scope of any small server style game you have ever played. You should learn a little about computers and all that jazz before you start hurling around ignorant opinions and rage.
  15. Kane Hart

Jesus, So many trolls in this community. And it seems like he got a reaction. That or he is the biggest idiot so I will hopefully go with he is a troll.
  16. Doublefrost

@OP You need a hardware upgrade. A 1.66 ghz is ancient tech, I don't care how much you overclock it. It's more than just clock speed with the new processors. If you upgrade, I expect you'd have 10-20 times more processing power, minimum.
  17. Bigworm32

I run a modified dell xps 8500 w/a ASUS P9X79 PRO Intel X79 LGA 2011 Motherboard
    Dual 660ti asus cards 12 gb memory and runs like a champ.
    Get a job
  18. crus

1.66? as in CPU speed? Wow man, ofcourse you can't run Planet side well regardless of how fair your graphics card is.
  19. Ryloxx

You may need to address those "personal" hardware problems. I was playing at 20-30 fps in large fights during beta on a GTX-260 and E6850, 3 gig of RAM on low settings. It was absolutely playable, and it looked horrible - but that's what you get for 3-5 year old parts.

For the love of god if you upgrade don't listen to anyone here who has a brand name before they list their PC specs. lol
  20. Garrix

Here come the legions of console players picking up the game on dad's old emachine crying about not being able to play a modern, supermassive scale open world fps. Why can't it play everything like my Xbox does?!?!??
    • Up x 2