I am glad I did not spentd $60 on this , NO hardware scalability whatsoever

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SBGTF, Nov 20, 2012.

1. SBGTF

running 1.66 overclocked to 2.66
    Nvida 550Ti 1 gb
    4 gigs ram
    windows 7

I played planetside 1 and that game looked better than this game on low
    I have more than the minimum requirements and game is unplayable
  2. Sobieski14

Running 1.66 ghz !?! and overclocked to 2.66!)!
    * Your really out-dated...

Let me guess, you want to use a dual-core processor on a 2012 game... lol

Windows 7 alone utilizes 2 gigs of ram....

Your not even utilizing the full effect of your graphics card, your bottle-necking it.
  3. Ecstasis

I think it scales fine, personally. It runs on virtually any computer ever, which is remarkable, given how good it looks on the highest settings.
    • Up x 1
  4. Deathbane

Im not. My XP 32 bit rig runs the game fine on low settings with 4 gig.

However i do have a relatively good card for my pcs age, and a quad core 2.7 ghz processor. His duel core 1.6 ghz processor is going to make the game unplayable.

Hate to say this OP, but that really isnt SOEs fault. My machine is approaching four years old and can run the game on low settings fine, which to me is evidence that the game can scale. Im afraid yours is just too outdated when it comes to the installed processor that you are bottle necking too hard for the game to be playable.
  5. Badmethod

Sounds more like an old computer and hence your problem is just that. Time for an upgrade I think.
  6. daicon

My computer is around 4-5 years old and the game is barely "playable". Not complaining, but it does suck.

Thinking of getting a new Haswell when they come out but I really wanna hold out and deal with it until I know what kinda rig I'll need to play EQ Next maxed out :) That and HL3.
    • Up x 1
  7. F U P S

This is the best post on these forums since I've been a member... ;)

So true, gave me a good laugh.

I play other games on Ultra that make the max settings in this game look pretty shabby. And yet I can't even play this game on LOW settings without capping at a mere 40 fps... now that's LOL funny. It's like they might as well taken the Halo 1 engine and implemented it... at least people could actually PLAY.

I'm frankly disappointed in this game, and for all the hard work those guys have done... I'm sure they are justifying it in whatever ways they can, but this has been a hideous release, not as bad as D3 yet, but it's gonna be a close one.
  8. iGamer1990

you spent 60 on this game and you have that you shouldve saved up and upgraded you shouldve known it wasnt gonna run well
  9. Vreki

Are you comparing to Halo? A small map, small teams game against a MMOFPS?
    I tell you what, you are getting at least 10 times the FPS/(number of players) here than you were getting in any of these TDM games you are comparing with.
  10. F U P S

So what, all these issues are due to the map being too large for people's computers? (Atleast mine, and a large percentage of other players.)

I'm not a computer guru, all I can say is that I have a well-equipped computer and it is unable to play this F2P game while being capable of playing virtually EVERYTHING else.
  11. runekey

Are you sure your house isn't on fire?
  12. Odin

Dude that machine was old 3 years ago, gl
  13. Blitzkrieg

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  14. Creaturemagic

That CPU is really, really, bad. Even if you need to go AMD to keep it cheap, at least pick up an FX 6200 3.8Ghz.

Also, anyone else having troubles, download the NVIDIA beta driver. The first sentence reads something like
    "This driver update increases the performance for Planetside 2 and Hitman Absolution."
  15. Magnamuz

IT'S UNPLAYABLE!!!

I've played Crysis 2, Skyrim, Torchlight 2, all in HIGH, 1920x1080, and more than 40 fps in single and multiplayer (not Skyrim). This game?? 15fps on LOW!!!

You had Unreal Engine 3 (for DC Universe), which can still give nice graphics and VERY stable in multiplayer, and you decided to use another engine instead and f**k a great game, thank you very much, I'm not gonna pay a penny till it's optimized.
  16. Vreki

Yes. Much larger maps, tons of more people. It is not comparable to a 32 player map with 4 tanks. Its like bragging that your speedboat can overtake a supertanker.

F2P doesn't really come into the picture either, that is just the business model and have no influence on the engine.

I am not saying that they don't need to optimize a lot, but the comparison against COD, BF etc. are not that relevant.
  17. Rockstone

Guys? Why won't my 386 play Planetside? I mean, I have 16mb of RAM and a Voodo Extreme 2mb!
    • Up x 4
  18. RobotNinja

Could use a few more cores.
  19. T-G-K

People, the game can only be optimised so far. We are talking about a game that can have around 500 players all playing at the same time in the same area with simulated physics, bullet drop, insane draw distance, and some pretty nifty effects. I'd say that maybe they can optimise this game to improve the performance by maybe 20% more, but you are just going to wake up and realize your machine is outdated. 300 bucks can upgrade your computer to a very acceptible level for this game. Maybe you should either A: get a job and stop relying on your parents or grandparents for your gaming needs or B: Hold onto a bit of money for 3 paychecks and be able to get the hardware you need. You don't even need as high as 3 hundred bucks, just upgrade your processor to an i7 and you should be able to handle the game just fine long as your RAM or GP is not bottlenecking you.
  20. RoaRawR

my rig run fine on high and is 2-3 years old

and no problem, your pc in my eyes is over 6+ year old....