Planetside 2 has stopped working straight from launcher

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Patrician, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Patrician

Planetside 2 has stopped working straight from launcher error on Windows 8 just as in beta. There was a fix posted on the old forums but of course that has now gone. Any one got any ideas?
  2. khai

just to make sure you have deleted the beta and downloaded the new client right? I remember all the problems that people with windows 8 were having but other then the direct x 9 problem which may not apply anymore I cannot remember any of the solutions.
  3. Infektion

Stop using windows 8... then I would run compatibility windows 7 mode, run admin? Then try launching from the direct exe in the directory.
  4. Patrician

I'm guessing this is the same issue as we had in beta.:-

Faulting application name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50ab960e
    Faulting module name: DINPUT8.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16384, time stamp: 0x5010a805
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000ff7f
    Faulting process id: 0x9f8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cdc75036b91ae4
    Faulting application path: e:\games\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\DINPUT8.dll
    Report Id: 75755acd-3343-11e2-be82-902b34542a6f
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
  5. Patrician

6. Aszurom

Unplug your USB gamepad and it'll launch fine.
    • Up x 1
  7. derezzer

I unplugged my XBox controller and sure enough, PS2 loads no problem.

Thanks Aszurom!
  8. gfunk

Thanks for the fix.

The vehicle controls are terrible w/keyboard and mouse how are you supposed to manage?
  9. Zobbat

im not using any Xbox controller it doesent work for me (can it be my keyboard? got a "Razer Black Widow Ultimate"
    )
  10. charchess

HAD the same problem

windows 8, faulting module (event log) was planetside2.exe

Now it's working, 3 things were done
    1/ i did reinstall my graphic drivers (they were up to date but i did reinstall, jsut in case)
    2/ i tried to installa nother game (dcs world) and it did the 2 others thing :
    * installing direct X (june 2010 version)
    * correcting VC2010 x64 redist runtime

hope it'll help you a lil bit (i think directX11 is jsut too recent)
  11. BenYeeHua

Nope, is windows don't has the old directx file...