[Poll] Vote for your favorite infantry bases to fight at. 10 or less out of 200 regions.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Oct 16, 2022.

1. AuricStarSand

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Lets make a poll for the best infantry fight bases. List your vote 10 or less, per player.
    After a few months, we'll tally a poll.

You don't have to list all 10 at once, take your time, days if you have to. List your first example, doesn't have to be the best base ever, just a base you find entertaining for infantry.

I posted some tree photos, which tech doesn't have to do with base design, and is from a diff thread. Yet I like these photos, so don't mind them. This is still a " base " thread & not a " environment " thread.

Besides voting for your favorite base. You are free to talk about what kind of base you'd prefer for infantry fights (that doesn't exist yet).

I've listed 10 here, no particular order. A few wookie wooden bridge base types; underground mountain.

I wasn't sure if I should add " Sage Labs " as the inner ring is the best part or the crossing over to the north island nearby is a joy (the normandy d day style beach with no bridge). Seeing as Sage Labs, has a lame fight outside the rings. Obviously the boulders at A & the 2nd floor windows are what make this make the list. Yet it almost doesn't make the list, as the base is always surrounded by tanks or has a less interesting fight outside the ring.

& one island extra that doesn't have infantry fights for Oshur; was used for campaign. Tho this little island has a underground flooded tunnel & building above the island; would be a good region.

You may vote for these 10 I've listed, theirs 200 regions, some have repeat bases.
    You don't have to post a mini map photo to vote. Just say the title.
    Aren't required to list 10, voting for one or a few is fine.

As far as which major facility is best, out of Tech, Amp, or Bio? By far Bio Labs are way better, than a Amp Station or a Tech Plant. Even if some vets are done with bio's, I still find them entertaining infantry farms. Bio Labs win out of those 3.

Other than that, I liked when Koltyr allowed you to park a sunderer inside a warehouse B point or something. More warehouses pls.

You may vote for the same bases or not, tho we're not trying to be unique with our votes. Trying to tally a poll, so getting a vote on the same base is fine. Means 2 points goes to that base, if so. Then the dev's know what bases are best for infantry players. After 20 people vote.

my vote
    best 10

[IMG] Scarfield Reliquary

[IMG] Shrouded Skyway

[IMG] Crux Mining Operation

[IMG] Hunters Blind

[IMG] Wainwright Armory

[IMG] Kwahtee Mountain

[IMG] Impact Site

[IMG] The Stronghold

[IMG] Sharpe's Run

[IMG] Campaign Island

[IMG] Sage Labs
  2. Botji

Well just to throw one into this, I think Waterson's Redemption on Esamir is a good base for infantry fights. Unfortunately its location and surroundings often makes it hard to get a good fight going there, either its overpopulated like crazy or the Sunderers gets killed nearly instantly... often by unrelated 3rd party vehicles driving past.

I like it because it has a bit of everything, decent cover, flanking routes, mix of close, mid, 'long' ranges, indoor/outdoor and its not just one or two chokepoints that gets spammed with explosives/bullets.
    [IMG]

Can have really good fights here but its like 1/100 if it is or not, usually its not that good due to above mentioned overpop issues or sudden Sunderer death syndrome(highly strategic/contested base).
  3. Liewec123

Many of my favourites have been removed or ruined,
    but of those that remain the general trend is that they have a good spot that I can park my sundy at!

I'll post 5 In no particular favoutism order:

Indar - Howling Pass Checkpoint (defense)
    a sundy placed in one of the towers gives you and your allies the ability to halt zergs in their tracks!

Indar - Quartz Ridge Camp (either)
    Plenty of good sundy spots, lots of fun infantry fights to be had, usually gets quite busy!

Indar - J908 Impact Site / The Crater (either)
    Another base with a ton of good sundy spots, combined with the jump pads, and such a unique layout!
    give me some drifter jets and I'm in heaven!

Amerish - The Ascent (best as defense)
    Don't hate me! Sometimes we all enjoy a good endless cert machine!
    In off hours this base can be the most fun 3-way! With noone gaining any ground, but tons of kills and tons of fun!

Amerish - Scarfield Reliquary (either)
    Another nice box base, usually leads to some fun infantry fights!
  4. JibbaJabba

Also favs:

Eisa Mountain pass

Subterranean Nanite Analysis

Mani Fortress & Mani Biolab combo

Echo Vally (Original!)

East River Sky Station

Snowshear Watchtower

Red ridge communications

Hvar Northgate Garrison

(Edit: These were all TOO fun apparently)
  5. Liewec123

Aww I'd almost forgotten about that amazing base
    Will always remember the amazing defenses I could set up by driving a Sundy up the big spike and ontop the base,
    Awesome times! R.I.P!

Also the quarry/mining base near the tech plant had some great fights!
    But the "Mani triangle" will always be my favourite!
    • Up x 2
  6. melioa

i so miss the old/original 'NS Material Storage' including all its so called Choke Points. (choke points were in the game for a reason)
  7. JibbaJabba

Be careful giving wrel a list of your favorites. He'll delete them.
  8. AuricStarSand

Echo Valley's best area. 24-48 verse 24-48 has a tug of war around the Vehi Term there.

The vehi term area has had better infantry fights, than EV's A bridge, the west gate wall, south mountain, or east road. Surrounding Echo Valley. The vehi term trees, to 2nd floor patio, & tunnel near vehi term are better than the other sides.
  9. JibbaJabba

I like the new EV.

The new EV has an "arena" near the Triple/Crescent/Vehicle area. Another "arena" near the L building in the south. These are fun. Defenders difficult to camp. Attackers difficult to push off. A fun fight forms and stays. The base proper is pretty "meh".

But the old EV was better. A LOT better.

In the old EV there was an "arena" near the vehicle area that extended off into the hills then the ammo tower.
    Another in the wooded area to the left of the spawn.
    Another near the teleporter exit that flanked the main approach to the crescent.
    And the base proper itself became a great push-pull. Defenders were difficult to fully spawn camp. Attackers once pushed off point could still keep the fight alive by retreating towards crescent and nearby areas.

This kinds sums up one of the things that pisses me off.

The new EV is nice. There was NO reason to destroy the old one.

Same with the biolabs. With every other base I listed. Why destroy them?

If people played in them too much it meant they were good. make something better instead of taking away what they have. Go "ruin" some construction bases on Hossin or something. At least we have more if wrel screws it up.
  10. AntDX316

I've played this game since it began so I will try to remember some that I like.

Ti Alloys to The Crown rock bridge before they deleted it. Everything else is cool in their own way.