Can something be done with Air to Ground combat!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, Jul 23, 2019.

1. adamts01

Maybe. But the Striker and rocket rifle have the same detonation range if I remember correctly. I absolutely think that reducing the detonation range would be ideal, so I don't mean to shoot down your proposal.
  2. r1po

You go alone = your fault if you get farmed
    Take AA as a top gun
  3. Peebuddy

This sounds like one of those threads of people complaining that the sunderer is too squishy, they would argue while pulling an ammo/ repair/ stock sundy. Of course you're gonna die

A lone ESF with flack armor and flares is virtually unkillable by ground targets, even in 48+ fights as long as he doesn't mingle he can usually get away after a barrage. Like everything else in this game you got to kit your vehicle to the task at hand.

But at least you can shoo away a ESF, even in smaller fights. The Liberator however, they just don't give a damn. They are so incredibly tanky which would be one thing but they're also very maneuverable with turbo and a belly gun that can shoot while inverted.

If anything in the air game needs a look at it's the liberator. This coming from a guy who abuses the hell out of it
  4. karlooo

No I got a secondary gunner. I use the G30 Walker, one of my favorite guns and it's not enough to kill an upgraded Valkyrie with an engineer in the 3rd seat.
    This gun does almost nothing against Liberators.
  5. Demigan

But if aircraft go alone without dedicated A2G weapons the aircraft are still guaranteed an automatic escape. This is unfair as the ground vehicles are forced to nerf themselves to protect against the chance of an aircraft attacking, and when equipping the skillful versions (read Walker) every single AV aircraft stands a good chance of killing you anyway, and MBT's cant even specialize into AA as only their top gun can be equipped with a dedicated AA weapon.

But ofcourse, such an unfair advantage is YOUR advantage, so you would rather victimshame your targets in an effort to make sure they remain almost helpless targets for you right?
    • Up x 2
  6. GotBuds

Just curious if there is anything in the game you don't come on the forums and cry about needing changed or rebalanced? All I see is your "suggestions" on what needs fixed or this or that. Sounds more like "I am getting owned by a better player using this equip or that, so it must be broken and needs balance"

Here is my suggestion to sum up all your suggestions.....LEARN TO PLAY THE DAMN GAME AND OVERCOME YOUR OWN SHORTCOMINGS!
    • Up x 1
  7. karlooo

Ok well if you’re so smart then tell me how to deal with the flying tank, Liberator.
    The counter is pray for it to not notice me, Hope it engages someones else over me? Tell me, cause it’s not fun to deal with flying tanks, it’s completely random and I have 0 weapons that can stop it, it sees me and Im dead. Unless I get the flak gun which could possibly scare it off, but I will have to gun myself cause no one wants to use that boring gun.
    Same with valkeries, with an engineer repairing, no counter, Impossible to destroy. G30 walker cannot do the job with 100% accurate aim.
  8. adamts01

Remove flak from the game. Seriously, noob weapons deserve noob results. I don't cry because my bullet hose infantry rifle can't compete against a bolt action. We simply need AA guns that need to be aimed. And with a direct hit weapon, we can have a proper damage falloff to wreck libs up close and tickle them at range, same as their guns do. Also, increase the elevation of tank turrets, so anyone ******** about tank shells from a Lib can simply lob the exact same tank shell right back at them. It's not rocket science.
  9. FateJH

If you think I'm aiming at the ground on Amerish and still hitting your plane on Esamir, we have a serious issue and it's not with the game (for once).
    Considering rockets do perform flak damage nowadays ...
  10. adamts01

It's exactly like the unstable ammo problem when the cannis first came out. Our the Lasher. With all that wiggle room for aiming, you shouldn't be rewarded with competitive damage. It's the same reason Coyotes or tomcats should never hold a candle to the Rotary.
  11. FateJH

You're saying all these things but you're not making arguments for them. What if I were the kind of person who, say, didn't care that skill is the only thing rewarded in this game. It'd be easy to make an argument that a lot of reward in this game goes out to the unskilled and, in fact, the approach you champion to the absence of the other is actually the less common application.
  12. r1po

1. Walker = trash
    2. Sundy with Ranger is decent against Libs
    3. Libs that go alone are an easy farm for every ESF. Especially if it has Lockons.
  13. r1po

The Walker is trash.
    Get 2x Ranger and if a Lib comes for you switch into the gunner seat.
  14. adamts01

It's a PvP game... Of course it should entirely be about skill. Just like any competitive game. Football, mma, checkers, thumb war... The entire point of any competition is one person's skill up against another's.
    • Up x 1
  15. FateJH

That's a pigeonholed perspective that essentially defines an "accepted" solution as the only one.

It's exactly in line with the thought process that has put the Air game in the state that it is today, trying to hold itself to a standard that is so far and beyond the rest of the game (and what many players expect of the game) that it produces a self-insulated mindset and a deficient userbase. No matter how welcoming the more genial players of its inner community try to be towards interested newcomers, this separation just perpetuates the issue. If you had a hard tier system to separate the mindsets, it would be fine to think like that since multiple equilibriums where like-players could subsist and players un-like that plateau could rise or descend to "where they belong" would naturally exist.

We're not that varied; we're a free for all that relies entirely on the good will of people who want to play the game. The breadth and width of the game - all the interactions of its units - has to be approachable to the multitude according to the expectations and terms of the multitude.

Edit: you can do it where all the different mindsets co-exist in the same game-space. You do that, however, and, guess what, you have something like flak that allows for players to bridge the gaps without casting them out of their happy equilibriums.
  16. Demigan

And where, anywhere in this short statement, does that make it OK to allow tanks almost guaranteed death when they aren't specialized with dedicated AA (and even with the most skillful dedicated AA they are still screwed). While an aircraft with the worst of the worst loadout against G2A is still able to safely get away almost 100% of the time?
  17. TR5L4Y3R

a noob weapon such as flak indeed has noob level damage as result ...
    you can´t kill a daltonlib with it before the dalton finishes you off
    you a can´t kill a hornet esf with it before it kills you off ... a CQC nosegun finishes off a enemy esf faster than flak could ..
    it takes 2 to 3 flakusers at least to take down a esf reliably and/or to do signifacant damage to libs ...
    in other words your statemeant is confirmed ... flak does NOT need to be removed ...
    if you want a "have to aim"- bullethose you have a number of options for that ...
  18. adamts01

I'm not at all opposed to noob weapons. I'm quite outspoken about ESFs needing an easier to use nose gun. What has to be the case though, is that those noob weapons can't compete on the level of hard to use weapons. And yeah, just about everyone should find their place to have fun here, and for noob pilots with in effective noob weapons, their happy place should be in a group, using numbers while they build their skill.
  19. TR5L4Y3R

and the fact is they don´t ... not at all ...
    even worse is that flak while being less effective as 1v1 aa weapon is that it is absolutley useless against AV ...
  20. adamts01

- I specifically said "noob results", not "noob damage". Everyone knows that flak is a deterrent, not a killer. The equivalent would be a Lasher keeping top tier players out of a big fight.
    - The Lib is in a weird place right now vs the Skyguard. I do believe though that the single solution is a direct-fire Skyguard, that can have a proper damage falloff.
    - If you can't chase off a Hornet ESF, it's entirely due to your own lack of situational awareness. I learned how to properly kill tanks with these from the #1 player across all servers in tank kills with that weapon. Any time an amateur Skyguard was paying attention, someone would have to distract him while the other went in for the kill. Seriously, perfect example. Noob tanker vs the hands down best in the game at what he does.
    - AA options? Not at all. The Walker is worse at killing and deterring than the Ranger, surely that's not what you're talking about. The only other direct fire option is an AP tank, effective against bad pilots, but I'm sure we agree it shouldn't be the go to AA option.