How do you deal with salty hate speech?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vulpecula07, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Vulpecula07

[IMG]
    Sounds as if I'm dedicated to TR and all TR are... something filthy.
    This is why I believe everyone should play all 3 factions.
  2. Vulpecula07

I kind of understand this guy, this game can be frustrating sometimes. (although insults should not be tolerated)
    We should seriously find some ways to mitigate frustration, since this game is unbalanced in its nature, most of the time "a fair fight is not a winning fight". We should... well for the 1000th time, remove K/D. (mutter to myself)
  3. TR5L4Y3R

.. simply ignore it .. if neccesary block or report the guy ..

deliberate TK´s are worse .. but still simply don´t let it get to you ..
    otherwise log out, take your time to calm down and log back in again when ready ...
    • Up x 2
  4. Doc Jim

If someone is raging out of frustration, there is usually something contextual that will make them shut up.

If someone is just spamming offensive stuff for the purpose of getting a reaction... ignore/report as is appropriate.

As for deliberate teamkilling, when done repeatedly => screenshot ingame, possibly screenshot players site, contact support.
  5. LtBomber

If you are a good guy:
    1. Tell him to calm down, its a game after all

If you give a ****:
    1. ignore/block

If you like to battle the braindead (warning; prevents you from playing the game):
    1. reply with "*kiss"
    2. enjoy a monolog of insults and anger
    3. copypaste it into TS and laugh with outfit members
    4. flirt harder (but non offensive)!
    5. more anger (usually feels like 5 yrs old now)
    6. block the player
    • Allways report if it seems serious, ongoing harassment, especially if it has nothing to do with ingame actions. Everyone gets on the road sometimes, but usually its on a sane level.
  6. feorh

Since when it is hate speech?
    It's just a play on words, perfectly nice and cuddly!
  7. raffa2

By not being a pussycat.
    In my experience each faction attracts a typical kind of demographic.
    VS attracts girls, people like you that can't take a bit of ****talk, and neo "intellectuals", you would find yourself at home there.
    NC attracts burgers brains.
    TR attracts people that can actually do some banter without sperging.
    Just play with 300s for a bit and you'll have heard stuff for a whole lifetime.

Also protip: hatespeech is not real, and it's just a label to shut down free speech.
    Also i really approve daybreak for not handling how people should speak, except the funny censored words that can be disabled, which i approve.
    • Up x 2
  8. Twin Suns

Dear Mr. Edgar Friendly, Kawhere are You???
  9. Silkensmooth

Hate speech lol.

How about free speech?

If you are offended you can turn your filter on and not see such things. The reason there is a filter is because its a war game played mostly by grown ups who feel as though they should be free to use foul language while they murder each other with machine guns tanks and airplanes.

The term hate speech is used to silence people you disagree with. Say anything someone doesn't like and its labelled hate speech, even if it happens to be true.

Use the block option if you are so offended, and seek a safe space immediately.
    • Up x 3
  10. Vulpecula07

Yes it is, he's being racial to TR ; )
  11. Vulpecula07

Nah I wasn't annoyed at all, just bored because the server was shut down. So stop being that girl.
  12. ZDarkShadowsZ

I put them on ignore.
  13. Vulpecula07

By "hate speech" I mean to hate an entire faction. Just wanted to suggest people to play all factions and hope they can have fun instead of this frustration.
    BTW I wasn't offended, just bored because of the server maintenance ;)
  14. PlanetBound

"Adding you to my ignore list" is one way to deal with it.
  15. Movoza

[IMG]
    ;)
  16. Hegeteus

Just ignore it. If I posted a thread every time I got a ragetell, there wouldn't be anything else in this forum.

Only once has there been someone who actually threatened to come TK me in NC, but I guess he never made it past the other NC since I never saw him.
  17. Campagne

Personally I always respond with a sarcastic remark or some such thing.
    • Up x 2
  18. Skraggz

Copy and paste with the name and put it tell for everyone to laugh at.
    • Up x 1
  19. LaughingDead

There are going to be assclowns in every game. It's simply a matter of "K" and then ignore.

Reminds me about a quote I heard about life, something something responding to life is what defines us as a person something something.
  20. Eternaloptimist

Enjoy it - the only hate-tells I've had tell me that I have just outplayed someone who feels entitled to have won (and those occasions are rare for me, so all the more enjoyable). Same thing when I get bountied - I peed someone off and they have been kind enough to admit their chagrin :).

One time I capped a point as a stalker then booby trapped it with claymores. A heavy turned up as I was leaving and killed me he got killed by my mine when he tried to recap the point. His private message was, "I will TK you so hard you f..boi". I cherish that memory.
    • Up x 1