Why does Canis get buffed and Gladius nerfed?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by csvfr, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Prudentia

tbh i think you could just throw the 200@6 - 112@50 into wolfram alpha and it might recognize that as a linear progression graph and give you the table. tho i was too lazy to try that and just calculated the degradation per meter by hand and then let WA solve for X xD
  2. Campagne

The Gladius is one of those guns that is absolutely awful outside of its most favorable combat scenarios. Because of this, it's better used when engaging on one's own terms rather than defensively, which in turn translates to the strong benefits of a suppressor. Of which for the Gladius also doesn't affect damage ranges, at all.

If one is using a suppressor with a 50% velocity reduction on it, an additional 5% reduction to a weapon which would now have to lead in CQC isn't a particularly wise trade, especially so with the hilarious inaccuracy at ranges where the slightly increased damage ranges might ever matter. So SPRW ammo must be used instead, counteracting the heavy penalty.

Therefore, such exists a very good reason to not use SPA on the Gladius. :p

You want to know another 200 damage weapon that can also score 3HS kills past 25 meters? Literally every other 200 damage gun in the entire NC arsenal. In fact, even the AC-X11 can pull it off out to 50 meters with significantly greater accuracy. The remaining guns can all do it out to any range. The Gladius is not special or superior because of this, nor for any other reason.
    • Up x 1
  3. raffa2

You are comparing weapons made for that job to a CQC smg with good hipfire compared that can do a similar job.
  4. Campagne

Trying to argue that a weapon with a maximum damage range of 6 meters is good for chaining headshots out to 25 meters isn't exactly a logical flow of thought either. :p

Also the Gladius has terrible hipfire, especially for an SMG. It has worse hipfire than both the Cyclone and the Blitz in literally every metric, including bloom per shot.

Really, it's more like a long range gun that is very bad at range.
    • Up x 1
  5. Prudentia

assuming a sprinting target at 25 meters, with normal (SPA) velocity the Target can move 33cms. with SPRW ammo it can move 21cms. in a head to head gunfight that drops significantly because you don't strafe at the sprint speed of 5m/s.
    The Gladius also has the exact same stand move accuracy as all Close Quarters Carbines, just that it doesn't get an accuracy benefit from standing still like they can get. so you never want to stand still with it, which is pretty much fine in CQC, wouldn't you say?
    so if you are trying to tell me that it's impossible to get headshots with guns like the GD7F, Serpent, VX6-7, jaguar, Zenith or Bandit, then i think the issue is not the gun, but simply you.
  6. Rydenan

You said yourself that we're comparing this to SMGs, none of which have a 0.35 stand-move ADS accuracy.

Regardless, it is true that there are a select few carbines (3?) that have an equivalent 0.35 stand-move ADS accuracy, but these are all definitively spray-n-pray guns. Which is the opposite of the Gladius, a gun that's in the most punishing damage tier for missed shots.

I have a 53.7% HSR with Gladius; top 0.05% of all players, according to Dasanfall.com.
    Please don't bring my stats into what should be an objective discussion.
    • Up x 2
  7. Rojoky113

Lol at people thinking the new ammo is useless and you need SPA.

You essentially get a FREE suppressor, on a gun with just fine accuracy for moving cqc, very controllable recoil, and a 3hs kill range out over two dozen meters, that's usable by infiltrators. As a VS player I thought the Eridani was strong but holy **** I recently made an NC alt and bought the Gladius just wanting to try it out and I feel practically unstoppable in comparison.

If you play aggressive smg infil and can aim at heads, this gun is OBSCENELY good.
    • Up x 2
  8. Prudentia

but we can still use the Accuracy of the 6! 0.35° carbines to evaluate how viable headshots at up to 25 meters are, especially as all of them have MUCH more recoil than the Gladius. even the ACX-11 has a stand move CoF of 0.32 while also having 50% more vertical recoil. The gladius definitely does not have the 40m+ engagement opportunities as the ACX, but within it's effective range of 25meters it can easily chain headshots with a skilled user, just as you just anectodal evidenced with a 53.7% HSR, which wouldn't be possible if the gun was so innacurate that you couldn't hit headshots.
    and for reference: this is 25m distance. thats an absolutely mindbogling distance to 3shot headshot your opponent with an SMG and atleast half of that distance can be engaged in hipfire, as the gladius only has 0.15° worse stand move accuracy than the canis with ALS.
    [IMG]
    Before the buff to the canis got about 6.5rpm per bullet, so with the 3 headshot kill it had within 10 meters it on average had a rpm 606.5 while the gladius uses an rpm of 522 for it's 3 headshot kill within that distance.
  9. LodeTria

Bads got killed by it a lot cus it's a new gun and cried cus they are bad and that's who we balance for now.
    Ignore the cyclone over there though, nothing to see there.
  10. Rydenan

Nobody said the gun is "So inaccurate that you can't hit headshots."
    [IMG]

And referencing the "anecdote" of my own aiming ability was your doing, not mine.
    [IMG]
  11. Prudentia

ah thank you for agreeing with all other points and ackknowleding that the Canis needed to be buffed and that the Gladius is overperforming ;)
  12. Rydenan

I'll agree once you provide some evidence for those claims.
    Go on, it's easy. ;)
  13. Prudentia

this entire thread is FILLED with evidence that the Gladius is incredibly easy to use due to incredibly low recoil, generous Damage per mag and a 25 meter 3 headshot kill range.
    • Up x 1
  14. Rydenan

Real evidence, not your personal analysis on why you think a certain set of features (such as a 0.04s HS TTK advantage between the ranges of 11 and 25 meters, or, "its ez 2 use!") qualifies as "overperforming".

Here, I'll help you out. Real stats from the game's API:

VE-S Canis:
    Avg Acc: 29.4%
    Avg HSR: 25.1%
    Avg KPH: 54.4
    Avg KPU: 472
    Avg KDR: 1.65

MGR-S1 Gladius:
    Avg Acc: 28.3%
    Avg HSR: 23.8%
    Avg KPH: 50.1
    Avg KPU: 472
    Avg KDR: 1.65

Oh wait, those don't support your claims at all. :eek:
  15. Prudentia

those are lifetime stats which include the launch Unstable ammo and are therefor entirely useless
    • Up x 1
  16. Rydenan

Oh, I get it, so we go by your imaginary stats instead then.
  17. Prudentia

which one? the weapon stats? oh sorry i forgot that actual weapon stats are "imaginary"
    • Up x 1
  18. Rydenan

You taking the "hard" weapon stats (rof, acc, recoil, etc), then assuming the real-world weapon performance based solely on your hypothetical interpretation of these numbers, while actively ignoring the actual, recorded weapon performance stats, is imagining, yes.
  19. Prudentia

and that "actual, recorded weapon performance" is entirely useless because it contains data throughout multiple patches which changed various stats to all of the 3 smgs
  20. Rydenan

It's better than your evidence. Which is nonexistent.

Show me some real numbers - any numbers - that show the Gladius is overperforming.