Watch the team killer! ( CONNERY)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by nak82, Aug 27, 2017.

1. nak82

2. Rendezvous

I made a post a while back regarding the abuse of the teamkill mechanic. The community in general, like to keep the teamkill mechanic as is for team gameplay purposes. But then when there's players like this wrecking havoc on their own team, you start to wonder if something about it should be adjusted.

Since it seems the general consensus is to keep teamkilling in the game, I think a good alternative is to reduce friendly fire damage by 75% and adjust the grief point system to account for how many bullets / explosives were used on allies, rather than damage dealt.
  3. nak82

TH
    This player no miss fire! never miss fire team kill.... Always Malicious team kill!
  4. ZDarkShadowsZ

5. nak82

6. Demigan

Team damage is great, and shouldn't be reduced by any amount. It's a very important feature in the game that prevents Zergs being even more powerful and prevents people from being even better at killstealing and ignoring eachother than they already do.

If you want to stop griefers like this, just add a legacy system. You have a ton of teamkills on your character, you get weapon-locked more quickly. If you just logged in while having a large TK legacy and start TK'ing immediately you get locked almost instantly.
    The TK legacy system could log two things simultaneously: Friendly kills per minute and % of friendly kills of your total kills. If any is 3x higher than the average (for example), you get weapon-locked faster (although because vehicle users will have a higher TK rate because of the inattention of allies the kills per minute needs some work before it would work properly). If your legacy is truly immense because for example 50% of your kills is friendly vehicles/infantry, you get logged under the empathy system: any damage you deal to friendlies will be done to you. That would immediately make your entire character useless for purposeful TK as long as you've got this legacy system.
  7. DarkStarAnubis

Today I have just reported an NC player for TKing. I have been killed once by this guy (knife, spawnroom), then I looked at his killboard and found tons of other players TK'ed.

In all honestly, it is pretty obvious the guy is TKing on purpose (either knife or sniper rifle; how this can be incidental?) and he has an many NC kills than VS or TR.

Let's see what happens.
  8. NXR1

Hes NC, nothing out of the ordinary here move along.
  9. Eternaloptimist

I fear that will just make players more careless (same argument against removing team killing completely).

What about if the system could automatically place a bounty on a team killer after the second TK in any single game session without time limit which was signified by a special symbol? One which any faction could collect without team kill penalty in the case of same-faction kills.

Or lock the weapon they used immediately after the first team kill and prevent re-equipping at a terminal until the lock is lifted?
  10. MuggieWara

There's nothing worse in this game than intensional teamkilling.These vermin psychos are doing it for fun!I know i really shouldnt bother but sometimes i return the favor until im weapons locked myself..Psychos...
  11. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Discussing team killing is fine, but calling out specific players on the forums is against our rules. As ZDarkShadowsZ said, you should be sending this information to CS by opening up a ticket.

As a side note for those who may be unaware, the devs here (including myself) have no power to ban anyone in-game.
    • Up x 1