Big news this week?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Okjoek, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Okjoek

I was reading Planetside 2's Twitter feed and they appear to be having a test update and stream this week with some important information with the teases:
    #CriticalMass
    #ContinentLocking
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. TheSunlikeOne

Yep, ES vehilce secondaries (sunderer -> MBT) are coming back.
    Not a fan of red skies though.

Edit: I've noticed that this Prowler appears to have Recrut/Referal version of the HEAT main cannon. Maybe they'll become available as well. Pics for the folks, that aren't familiar with them:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 4
  3. Campagne

Oh, gawd no. :confused:

Also source?
  4. TheSunlikeOne

• Up x 3
  5. Campagne

• Up x 2
  6. Okjoek

I wonder if the red skies are to help with performance or something? Also those red beams of light over what looks like Zurvan AMP Station?

More ES weapons: YES.
  7. Pikachu

8. TheSunlikeOne

One more thing: Has PS2 Twitter been taken over by Terran ministry of propaganda lately? Almost every picture, that doesn't show NC/VS ES stuff depicts TR soldiers/vehicles.
  9. Demigan

I must be having the PS2 symptoms. I see something that indicates massive destruction, New ES weapons, potentially old skins given new purposes, changing weather, the high likelyhood that the CA update I've been looking forwards to is added and a promise to change continental locking, and all I can think is "well it probably wont change much in a good way".
    • Up x 2
  10. OldMaster80

Dynamic skies were announced a few days ago. It should have zero effects on performance.
  11. Pikachu

• Up x 2
  12. Liewec123

looks like continent wide orbital strikes when continent locks,
    also ES secondaries are coming back (not on sunderer though)

Wrel also mentioned previously that they plan on removing hive continent locking,
    maybe that'll be something to do with it, we can hope!

i hope these ES vehicle secondaries aren't the ones that wrel mentioned a few weeks ago,
    i was hoping for new infantry weapons.
    al;so these don't feel too new anymore since we saw them months ago XD
    • Up x 3
  13. LordKrelas

That sounds godly.

Hopefully by now, the TR's quad cannon has a fixed model.
    I do wonder if they changed the stats of the things or not.
  14. TheSunlikeOne

Considering that devs overhauled vehicle combat in general, they've probably changed these weapons as well.
    • Up x 1
  15. Liewec123

i'd feel sorry for the folks with the RAF rewards if they do bring them back,
    i don't have them but i have other ultra rare stuff in other games that has been made available and its a sucky feeling :(
    i have circuitboard camo and i'd hate if they suddenly made that available again,
    so i don't think they should bring the RAF guns back, let the people keep their special shinies!
  16. Ziggurat8

I'm resistant to change. I know I am. I like the game the way it is and I'm always affraid they'll **** it up more than make it better. I hate that fear. Hate it. But every patch that fixes something breaks something else. The track record is pretty bad.

On PS4 the vehicle changes that were supposed to make track vehicle handling better has broken them so bad it's like playing Tokyo drift.

I keep praying they make the game better but my faith is running low.
  17. Ziggurat8

Red and black is way way sexier than blue and yellow or purple and cyan (who the **** even knew cyan was a color before PS2). I wish they'd change the faction colors. Just rotate em or something once in a while.
    • Up x 1
  18. Demigan

That's just it, from my point of view they have been doing very good, especially compared to SOE. And many changes in the CA update I celebrate, such as HE, HEAT and AP each being distinct from each other but none lacking in power compared to the others. And HIVE's no longer locking continents? A godsend! Potentially the FS added to the game, something at it's core my own idea?
    And yet I must have that PS2 fever, as I can't celebrate it.
  19. TheSunlikeOne

"Way sexier" is a matter of preference.
  20. Ziggurat8

Check out some stuff about the color red. It's fairly interesting. Red has some pretty definite effects on people -preferences aside.