Why do you hate Hossin?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Inzababa, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Inzababa

I've seen a lot of hate towards Hossin. I used to really hate Hossin as well.

The 2 main reasons I hated it were :

1. travelling was a pain in the ***, especially when encountering plants as hard as brick. If you ever went off road, you may or may not find a path through.

2. It was always dark on Hossin, I could never spot the enemy, and on top of that, there often was mist and if there's one thing I hate, is being shot from IDONTKNOWWHERETHE****THATCAMEFROM.

Not so long ago, they fixed both those issues, didn't they? Well to a degree, I mean going offroad is still a ***** and spotting the enemy in the mist and darkness is still a (smaller than before) issue.

So I don't hate Hossin quite so much anymore, in fact, I often go there when I feel like a small fight, 3 vs 3, that kind of thing.

But you guys, still hate Hossin, to the point that some have created a petition to delete the continent all together!

Why? :)
  2. Eternaloptimist

My dislike, similar to yours I think, is the poor visibility compared to other continents and the difficulty of moving around (unless you play LA). I know they reduced some of the darkness but there is still all the obscuring vegetation etc..........yeah, yeah, I know, jungle right? I just don't like jungle warfare.

Also:
    • I prefer larger fights and they are rare on Hossin compared to other continents, at least on the EU servers.
    • G2A is pretty hopeless if you use a lock on launcher like I do because trees but aircraft do not seem to be hampered in A2G.
    • Up x 1
  3. Vinson

the plants you get stuck on.

love it otherwise. wish we'd all fight more there.
  4. DeadlyOmen

Hossin poses challenges.

Challenges are not acceptable in modern gaming.
    • Up x 3
  5. UberNoob1337101

Simple, I don't. I love Hossin.

Cool, fresh base design where you don't feel that an entire battlefield is 1 or 2 buildings and a 30m line at most, the bases are big and swiftly learning the layout and being situationally aware is a huge benefit that feels very satisfying to exploit.

Big infantry battles outside bases, that can happen at any range, climbing rocks and ambushing tanks from said rocks and trees is a different type of warfare than the other continents where tanks either turtle against each other or vehicle zergs just sweep across the map, probably the actual biggest reason why people might dislike Hossin : it's different, much different.

Another big reason why people might not like Hossin is the difference in infantry balance. A good LA and infil is often better than a HA due to stealth and often requiring basic situational awareness. If you're an ape with a LMG that doesn't check areas from which you're likely to be shot from, OFC it's gonna suck for you because HA isn't king, and in a way Hossin is feels 3x better to play on. All classes have their niche instead of 1 class to farm them all and everyone else is kinda supporting ppl playing 1 class.

Lastly, the environment is gorgeous and can be cleverly used. It's beautiful to look at and it's immersive IMO. Climbing it and flying over it is very rewarding from my experience, often getting me good kills on people I shouldn't have killed. This change from a focus on aim and being an ADAD spastic 24/7 to a tactical, methodical approach is definitely a reason why people don't like it.

And let me debunk the fog argument by saying that friggin' Wallamir has more fog. There, why does noone complain about Wallamir then?
    • Up x 1
  6. Whiteagle

I actually don't hate Hossin, but I can get why a lot of people don't like it.
    • Flora features you can never be sure if you can drive through or not
    • Labyrinthine Ground Terrain
    • Trees that are suppose to hinder Air just helping them avoid AA
    Wrel had a video the other day expounding on why they're focusing on Indar right now, mostly explaining that fixing the general unpleasantness of Hossin caused by it's incomplete state and the mess that is Esamir's layout would each take a dedicated effort on the Devs part to overhaul.
    I'm kinda hoping they fix Esamir first, as that's going to be the larger project (Moving a whole Warpgate and redoing the Lattice to accommodate that) while Hossin actually has a pretty good Base and Lattice layout, but needs various Quality of Life improvements (like actually doing SOMETHING with all those empty Plateaus).
    • Up x 1
  7. 1Tap2Tap

I don´t hate it.

Actually, Hossin is great, thank you very much!
  8. Demigan

Railroaded bases. Other continents have a bit of freedom in how you move from base to base, Hossin is extremely limiting in that freedom. Often if you want to move to another base then the lattice-linked one you are forced to move right through the lattice- linked one anyway. I dont mind a corridorfight in PS2, but a complete continent? No thanks!
    Additionally Hossin was supposed to be an aircraft hell. "everybody says trees are the number 1 air killer right?", but due to how horrific G2A weapons are designed it meant aircraft heaven. Cover everywhere to both approach and escape ground troops for almost mercyless Slaughter? Sign every A2G farmer up!
    And lastly, while fights are railroaded, its truly liniar for vehicles. The few surprising nice area's aside its too narrow, too straightforwards and even without the invulnerable plantlife its just not enjoyable to vehicle fight there. And thats ignoring the mines under water and stuff like that.

Thats why I hate Hossin.
  9. x360

i dont want to spend my free time running around looking for away to get there.total garabge map.
    • Up x 1
  10. Pikachu

People have complained plenty on Wallamir's fog, even though Indar desert had more fog before skyfile revamp.
  11. Sorinel304

I love hossin, it's .... like , hey it's beautiful here it deserve to fight for this continent, I just love the atmosphere there. And it's anyway better than Esamir a f***** empty continent all that you see there it's white.
  12. Pikachu

Everything just feels like Indar canyons now. :L
  13. Morpholine

Far too many of the areas between bases have annoying vehicle choke points or unnecessarily long detours to physically get from A to B, which can make something as ostensibly simple as driving a Sunderer to the next base in the lattice overly tedious. And without spawns, fights never start.

Plus, at least on Connery, it seems to be the continent where those with - shall we say, "script assistance" - feel free to play a bit more blatantly.

It's a pity, because there are some fantastic bases on the continent.
  14. LaughingDead

I hate that people don't play on it and still ***** about vehicles "farming" them.
    It's the THE anti-vehicle continent and yet people don't play on it, it's like an abusive love hate relationship.
  15. Pikachu

People want Indar but all vehicles only equiped with kobalt.
  16. TR5L4Y3R

"why do hate hossin?"
    ... i don´t ... ... i rather hate amerish with its lanelike mountainlines
  17. Sazukata

Hossin's pretty interesting, it's just that all the trees make low-end PCs cry. (similar to southwest Indar)

Now that I recently figured out how to potato the graphics even further, it's actually not too bad. Some interesting bases plus the relatively low overall battlefield visibility make a nice change of pace from the usual large Indar bases or bio lab slugfests on Esamir that we usually get stuck on.
  18. TR5L4Y3R

funny i have that exact feeling but for amerish ....
  19. Campagne

I hate Hossin for many reasons.

Some of these reasons are the terrible bases. Awful design which funnels infantry long distances to get to objectives, while also often highly exposed. This is especially bad for the defenders.

Many people say Hossin is an infantry content, but I have absolutely no idea how one could come to this conclusion. Trees and foliage leave air with perfect protection against most everything, while ground vehicles are rarely inhibited in any major way. Sure the roads are narrow, but there are very few useful walls and Spear turrets for infantry, while cover is poor anywhere outside of the hearts of a base. Tree trunks block direct fire, but are open to splash damage. Tanks & co. can often just drive around a tree or whatever and shoot into a base.

At least, that's how it was last time I played Hossin. If I get locked out of every other continent, I'll just log off or play around in the VR.
  20. OgreMarkX

Exactly when he said above. Add to that: "Then finding out there was only one to go in any case, so welcome to the traffic jam"