[Suggestion] Treating the Bailoutside statpad-decease

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tankalishious, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Hajakizol

If you could hop out of your vehicle b4 it explodes would you do it? I do whenever I can!
    • Up x 1
  2. TR5L4Y3R

Lol at "planetside being about honorable 1v1 duels" sure isn't ... in war what i care most about is to survive long enough tacking down as many people as neccessary to get the VP count going for the continent ... if you die against a ejected LA pilot even with his vehicle destroyed then he frankly outplayed you ... i find it funny you guys talking about kdr but then whine about how you don't get the kill from someone escaping the battle at the last moment ... the changes asked for in this thread are ultimately meaningless ... and worse punishing the people who don't care about kdr but flexibility to play ...
    • Up x 1
  3. The Rogue Wolf

I'm just picturing two kids in a playground screaming "You're dead, I got you!" "Nuh-uh, I got away!"

Not enough that you destroyed an important enemy asset; you gotta have that name on your killfeed.
    • Up x 2
  4. Xebov

I dont see why Dev power should be wasted to add a useless mechanic with the single purpose being to help the pride of some ppl for a useless stat. The game has enought other things that require active work.
    • Up x 2
  5. zaspacer

Some OCD vain people apparently *need* that stat. I personally am not in that group, but I can appreciate it represents some # of players and it's nice to figure out a way to appease them... so long as it doesn't ruin the gameplay for everyone else. So...

I suggest (as has been suggested by many others and myself before) ADDING a new "Vehicles Destroyed" stat that tracks Vehicle Kills, what was killed, who was the pilot/driver/crew of that vehicle, and what was it killed by. This will not only appease the OCD vain people, it will also not ruin the gameplay for everyone else (by keeping the actual gameplay the same), and it will motivate OCD vain players to farm more strategically important targets for their faction (and not just camping Spawnrooms, etc.) by going after Vehicle targets.

The PS2 Designers should be looking at ways to make the gameplay MORE intuitive, with MORE options, with MORE reasons to partake in the formal objectives, and be MORE fun. The best way to do that is to figure out changes that fit these and work for more players, not to make confusing and frustrating changes to deliver some niche goal for some minority pet player demographic.
    • Up x 1
  6. IcEzEbRa

It's no different than Infil pulling ground vehicle, really. And the thread kinda highlights that it isn't that easy to get kills while flying ESF, even against other esf's. But there's games, within games. My buddies thing, and you should hear him laugh when he pulls it off...the esf bail/collision. Or you haven't flown against Kamikaze Scythe......lol. Even as light assault, I still tend to go down with my ship.....when I do bail, I'm probably only about 60% successfull surviving anyway,... who doesn't want to shoot a light assault out of the air, or on the ground, 10 sec is a long time. I see lots of pilots, they bail forgetting they were heavy/infil and die, not as many engies seem to do that.

But on last 2xp weekend, first time I ever pulled this off....I was swarmed as Reaver ,by Mossies, over biolab...I bailed to top of biolab....rocklet killed one of mossies trying to rocket me on top, got one mossie w/c4 on pad below, and finished off smoking lightning w/2nd c4 underneath...and then one infantry w/carbine...and got away. Full meal deal. But I have been humiliated couple times by c4 placed on my moving esf...a feat I've not accomplished.

I don't agree with, but there's an implant on test that allows safe landing from any height, so Heavies with rockets and Saws, etc will be falling from esf. I have a friend now that flies heavy w/safe landing implant, and rarely dies when bailing, but loves to shoot rockets.
  7. Xebov

Dont think that tracking and storing of information doesnt require server resources. This idea would just take up more server resources for something that has zero impact on gameplay.
  8. zaspacer

It does not require PS2 game server resources. The data is tallied and spit out into a database in a harddrive, then they stick it with the rest of the chosen player stats on a data base with a web interface for players to access on the "interweb".

They already track and record much of this. They just haven't made it available to players. Also, it is fairly trivial to expand coverage to any extra fields they might need to round out the public stat data desired.
  9. Dusk117

*More Skyknight tears*

Glorious.
  10. Direlithe

Learn to kill them once they land on the ground. Hardmode: kill them in mid air. It'll take less time than to convince devs to fix something.

On a positive note, planes are expensive. Tbh, statpadders who choose to sacrifice their costly ESFs is a win in itself.
    • Up x 1
  11. SoljVS

They are pretty easily shot and killed as they hover to the ground. Even easier once they are on it. Pointless change work on your aim.

Def not a skyknight. Skyknight has no trouble pegging you with the nosegun in midair/ground even with the thermal nerf.
  12. freeAmerish

You should look at the new implants on test server.
    They need no energy to work and you have two slots for them.

In the future Save Landing is a must have as a pilot. You get an ejection seat via implant and have no worries about chargers.

So you can prepare that everyone will jump out of a burning Liberator or ESF...
  13. Demigan

Regardless of the OP's motives, changing this is actually going to be good for the game.

Currently players jump out of ESF to avoid a death. It's a cheap and relatively low-risk way to do it and takes away the kill from the player who finished the fight. Compare that to jumping out of ground vehicles where most people continue the fight in some form of another, or those who try to save their KD will have a high risk of getting killed anyway.

One way I would fix this is by simply disallowing redeploy while airborne, or disallowing redeploy while higher than 10m off the ground so that jumping and jumpjetting doesn't automatically cancel redeploy. That gives the opponent enough time to track the pilot and kill him either in the air or on the ground.

Oh and for those saying "but it's good the way it is", no it isn't. Using mechanics to cheat your opponent out of a death is bad for the gameplay, and the developers have done more than enough to stop these things in the passed. For example, logging out within 10 seconds after receiving damage will count as a death and give a kill to the one who did the last damage. This helped against mainly pilots ejecting and logging out.
    The deconstruct button was removed for the same reason. Players, again mostly pilots for reasons "unknown", would use a macro to eject and deconstruct their vehicle (and usually log out in the same macro), cheating the opponent out of a vehicle kill and a player kill in one go.
    And this vestigital tail of aircraft screwery has been adressed before. The devs tried indirect ways to make it less attractive to eject with an LA by giving the Engineer an auto-repair whenever in an ESF. Time to adress it once and for all and crush the hopes and dreams of the undeserving aircraft screwers who safely jump out whenever threatened.
  14. Xebov

And where do you think these hard drives are in? You shouldnt think that Databases are free in terms of resources.
  15. BrbImAFK

Sooo..... what's going to stop dudes in ground vehicles driving around as Stalker Infils and bailing before their farm-wagon blows up? Cloak, run off, redeploy.

You planning to add a whole bunch of limitations to when you can exit a ground vehicle as well?

And don't give me that whole "cheating the victor of his kill" nonsense... the majority of ground battles where you bail still result in a death - because most tank-types hunt you down if you bail. But if you know what you're doing, and bail near a tree, you can quite literally just run around the tree until your redeploy timer ticks down. How is this any different to bailing as a LA?

The same is true in air battles... many of the decent pilots can shoot an LA out of the air with little / no hassle - at least, that's what they claim. I can barely fly from point A to point B without crashing, so I wouldn't know.
  16. Demigan

The lack of reliance on fire suppression. The fact that using an Engineer will give you more survivability during a fight while aircraft only have it after the fight. The fact that you'll more likely to lose a lot of fights when using a stalker. The fact that unlike aircraft, vehicles can face many combat scenario's where they are killed almost instantly or where bailing will simply get you killed even as infiltrator.

Are you making stuff up to strengthen your point? I deliberately make a point, in the very same post you quoted, to compare aircraft bailing to ground-vehicle bailing and how the aircraft bailing is different. I also make a point of making a single 'limitation' that only prevents the redeploying while airborne, but nothing else. So you are right now actually putting words in my mouth purely to make me look bad.

The difference is that, also according to some people here, 'The majority of ground batles where you bail still result in death'. I think I read that just recently!
    As for the "but if you know what you are doing", tree's aren't omnipresent, and making plans to stick to tree's during fights 100% of the time is simply not feasible and is likely to get you killed more often than save you.
    Also here's an analogy of your argument:
    Demigan: "This particular weapon is OP"
    BrblmAFK: "Well this entire weapon line isn't OP, so that single weapon isn't OP!"

And before you jump on the analogy, we aren't talking about things that are OP, it's the message that the analogy is trying to convey that you have to focus on.

Pilots claim a lot of things, but touch their super-skill-reducing thermals and they go apecrap. Also if they were actually so good at shooting players out of the air, no one would use an LA to bail. Especially in the past when the LA didn't even have the rocklet rifle it wouldn't have any single advantage to use an LA if people could actually shoot you out of the air.
  17. Demigan

So... you would rather side with the kid who says "nuh-uh"? The kid that doesn't want to have his name on your killfeed and will use any cheesy method to get it?
    Also let's look at the rewards: One Aircraft = 400XP. One extreme menace kill (and most pilots will be extreme menace) = 300 XP. You want to nearly half the XP gain just because the kid shouts "nuh-uh"? Are you really that childish?
    These kids play a game. The rules are clear: You shoot someone, he dies. But the losing kid can't stand losing so he'll just shout "nuh-uh" and bail out of his aircraft. Seriously, how can you in any way, shape or form support the whiny, sad little kid who shouts "nuh-uh"? He's the loser trying to get out from the rules. Oh I know, because you identify with him.
  18. BrbImAFK

Personally, I'd prefer to see the return of Planetside 1's redeploy system - i.e. you have to be stationary to redeploy (assuming my memory is correct on this one).

It should have zero impact on the intended use of redeploy, and will kill off a lot of cheese associated with redeploy things including the infil trick of cloaking and running away if you meet a challenge you don't want to face.
  19. Pat22

Guys, these damn stat-padders keep moving when I shoot them. They keep going behind cover and dodging bullets.
    I think movement should be disabled for about five seconds after you take any damage, and entering cover should be prohibited.
    • Up x 4
  20. zaspacer

Are you talking about Server load of live game Server? Or are you talking about the overall budget of DBG and what they could spend their money one?

I don't know who handles the DBG web server(s). DBG does not use the same servers for their Web and for their games.