[Suggestion] 3 reasonable Jackhammer Buffs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Scr1nRusher

Jackhammer:
    • Now has access to Smart Choke
    • Now has access to Slugs
    • Maximum damage range increased from 10m to 12m

Slugs & Smartchoke allow the Jackhammer to play into the over range accuracy advantage it has over other shotguns.

Increasing the maximum damage by 2m allows for better consistency in Closer range combat(such as in hallways).
    • Up x 1
  2. Liewec123

slugs could be pretty OP with ADS and burst mode, you'd be oneshotting people across the room
    (as someone with enough JH kills to auraxium it twice i would love to see it get better, just not with slugs :p)
    i'd like to see it get automatic fire, also the burst mode seems to have been nerfed somewhere along the way,
    a year ago it was awesome now for some reason it doesn't seem to kill...anything.
    • Up x 1
  3. Diggsano

Yeah please buff the already oneburst shotgun to more Range.....dude wtf the jackhammer should be NERFED not BUFFED
    • Up x 1
  4. Scr1nRusher

You didn't even read at all lol.

These changes do nothing to increase the "power" of the weapon, they only play into the design of the weapon.

The kill ranges would be the same.

Also, you are letting your emotional rage feelz cloud your thinking. When it comes to balance you must put emotional attachment & revenge punishment fantasies aside.
  5. Scr1nRusher

But see here is the thing, if the jackhammer was "OP" everyone would be using it 24/7 thats is never the case.

The Commissioner on the other hand...............
  6. Diggsano

2M more Range = 2M more Damage = more Power.......simply math, nothing to do with emotions
  7. Scr1nRusher

You really need to go ingame and actually see how much 2m actually is.

Also You do know that slugs have a list of downsides right?

• Less total damage then normal shot
    • strange COF's
    • Less power in CQC
    • You have to fire slower to make them work over range

I think you have some strange irrational fear.

Slugs & Smart Choke don't make the weapon 100% better.

2m more maximum damage range doesn't help over range and only makes things slightly more consistent in close range.
  8. Reclaimer77

Buffing the Jackhammer?

Okay you have seriously gone INSANE! Seriously, I'm not trolling you when I say, I don't want to see you make another thread here. EVER.

Just stop it.
  9. Nehlis

honestly, Jackhammer is performing just fine as. It doesn't need buffs and is already got the best range for pellet shotguns as is. The thing already combines both high capacity and tight spread semiautos with the ability to essentially switch to pump action mode.
    I would say if anything give it a full auto mode, slower rate than triple bursts, faster than tapfiring.
    That will make it all shotguns in 1.
    Doesn't need it though. Would be nice.
  10. Scr1nRusher

These changes are completely reasonable.

2 new attachments an a extremely small buff to the Maximum damage range.

Nothing else is different about the gun.
  11. SW0V

Yep. Totally.

A 3-burst shotgun that only needs to land 2 body shots to kill at any range. Sounds completely reasonable. Especially with 9 total rounds in the magazine. Oh... and a smart choke too to make sure you can insta-gib people out to ~50m.

Yep, totally agree... let me just find that 'thumbs up' button for your completely reasonable and well thought out suggestion!
    • Up x 4
  12. Reclaimer77

Oh yeah nothing different at all. Except you've just turned the most OP shotgun in the game into a mid-ranged threat.

Yeah no big deal right?
  13. Scr1nRusher

Thats incorrect if you actually know the weapon & you actually go do some testing.

Jackhammer cannot instagib at that range.

Do you have any idea what smart choke actually does?

It tightens up ADS COF, but makes hipfire worse.

You are letting your emotions take over you.

Its not OP, it actually is worse in CQC then the standard shotguns.

Also if you think the jackhammer is OP, then the Baron must be that aswell.

This isn't bias talking either.

Look at the weapon, its design/function/role and you will notice that it could be made more diverse in what it does.

I can't stand emotional "fee fee's" when they get involved in balancing, nothing gets done & things can and do go wrong.
  14. Nehlis

If it ain't broke don't fix. Jackhammer works fine for its intended niche. Also, it work worse than other shotguns in cqc is a facetious statement. Its got the barons spread, high capacity, same 2 shot kill as semi autos and can become essentially a pump action on the fly. Empirically it outperforms other shotguns. It doesn't need a buff.
  15. Scr1nRusher

Yet whats interesting about these changes is that they work WITH the Niche.

They will not make the Jackhammer OP due to not actually making the weapon stronger or worser.
  16. Nehlis

*fixed.
    Also, it does make it stronger. Not by much (slugs is pushing it though), but still explicitly better than before. It absolutely does not need to be altered, so it should not be altered. Attention should be going to tools that are outperforming or underperforming their niche. Jackhammer is in a good place right now, so it would be better to focus on something else.
    • Up x 1
  17. Scr1nRusher

Well.. break down each change.

Slugs:

Slugs trade the CQC stopping power for more accurate ranged engagements.

Smart Choke:

Tightens up pellet spread when ADS, but makes hipfire worse.

Actually this begs a interesting question on how Slugs & smart choke would interact.......

+2m Maximum damage range:

Exactly what it says on the tin, it simply helps in closer range fights & doesn't effect longer range ones.
  18. FateJH

The Lasher X2 is pretty sad third "competes for second" across the board compared to its counterparts.
    Just going to throw that one out there.
  19. Reclaimer77

Source requested.

Please back that statement up. I would really love to see it proven.
  20. asmodraxus

Seeing as the lolhammer has a better kph and kpu then either the mcg or lasher what corresponding buffs should they get?

Bigger clip for the mcg?
    More damage and lash for the lasher?