[Suggestion] Give the ESF wing mounts(Rocket Pods & Hornets) to the Valkyrie.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Reclaimer77

I DO play on Connery.

All I see is air operating with absolute impunity. TR and VS both have outfits who do nothing but field massive numbers of ESF's, which nobody can counter.
  2. Reclaimer77

Battle Valkrie isn't a thing. It's not meant to engage ground targets like an ESF. It's no wonder you think AA is effective when you're trying to farm ground targets in your Valk.

Now as far as your Liberator...I mean wow. I'll just say you probably aren't aware of the 100 other things trying to kill you, but if AA gets the kill, then that MUST mean it's OP right?
  3. Cyropaedia

Impunity is hyperbole. NC may not be as organized as TR and VS but consistently run gank squads that suppress Air. NC AA is also a ****. I see NC Burster Maxes in most big battles.
  4. Reclaimer77

As far as I can see the NC on Connery are pretty much inept at doing anything.

Although last night I watched the TR field at least 200 vehicles at Broken Arched road, and still lose not only Broken Arch but the adjoining tower base as well. I was just staggered by the sheer incompetence and waste of it all.

Not that I'm complaining. Drifting down from the cliffs at Broken Arch onto idiot in locked-down Prowlers is like heaven for a C-4 fairy.
    • Up x 1
  5. SoljVS

Although I feel this guy is completely ESF biased. I wouldn't mind removing the A2G from ESF. If the air is empty enough I have no problem pegging ground people off with the needler or rotary anyway. But more to the point, i agree with that one guy said about there being a survivability buff to ESF vs G2A since they will for the most part not be involved in ground battles if this change is made. Maybe swap out the A2G mounts for effective anti-lib/anti-gal mounts.
  6. Reclaimer77

Soj you bragged about switching factions just to teamkill other pilots who dare use A2A weapons.

You lost the right to an option and you damn sure lost the right to call others "biased".
    • Up x 3
  7. SoljVS

Reclaimer seriously stop riding my dick. Everytime I post here you come. I really can't help you guys suck at piloting. And as a much better pilot than you i have way more of an option. Go back to your cave.
  8. Neo3602

If you are as good as a pilot as you say you are then why do people using A2A weapons piss you off enough to switch factions to team kill them? If you're such an amazing pilot:rolleyes: then you should be able to kill A2A weapon users with out resorting to switching factions to kill them.
    • Up x 3
  9. Reclaimer77

If you are an example of what it takes to be a "good" pilot, nah, I think I'm just fine. I don't want to "pilot" in this game. We'll just reserve that title for kiddie shi&&ters like you.
  10. SoljVS

I kill them all the time. Without giong into the whole speel about the problem with tomcats as a whole. Switching factions is more or less just stripping their crutch and showing them they need to learn the nose gun.
  11. Reclaimer77

No, it's teamkilling and greiefing and the more you try to defend it the worst you look.

You should be banned from this community and the game. We don't need trash like you on the servers.
    • Up x 3
  12. EPIC389

Get popcorn...

But seriously. I just wanna see shields like the engineer AI turret ones mounted on the side of the valkyrie to protect the passengers. Dont make it full cover but the passenger can swivel and turn them around. Too many times i have ended up as a meatshield for a lockon. Allow the passengers to shoot their weapons through them
  13. KiakoLalene

It's a good idea, but I'm not so sure if would be possible to just literally slap some weapons onto wings. That sounds hard.
  14. voxmachina

Did this dude seriously argue to nerf ESFs A2G because it takes thousands of certs and multiple people to counter a single ESF?
  15. TheChris

Why not remove Air completly? All complain about Air is so OP. Serious ?

Pull a Max or a Skyguard and u have enough anti air. If ur skyguard gets busted while standing on open terrain like a phalanxturret by an single ESF then u do something wrong. Flak-Maxes can shoot out of spawn wich makes them invincible (if played well)
    The Pilot spends nanites for his ESF.

Be tricky as the enemy Pilot and u can farm ESF , Libs , and even Gals without any problems.
    Most just want kill all Airvehicles with a single rocket and wanna feel like the skilled golden boy. Where is your ambition?

NERF NERF NERF NERF. Keep it up guys maybe we should rename this game into "Paintballside" :D
    Starting flying is pain in the a-s-s because the learncurve is very high.
  16. strikearrow

Air is OP - with half decent pilots.

1 350supply ESF can tie down 2-3 AA heavies easy i.e. they have to pull AA rockets and watch the sky. Sure 1 guy could pull a skyguard and it would keep 1-2 ESFs away, but they can just go farm another hex while the skyguard is worthless for anything, but AA - maybe it could handle a stock harasser, but a vulcan harasser - even with a solo driver can eat a skyguard for lunch. An MBT with flak or a walker can handle an ESF (not 2 though).

The problem with AA - except the heavies AA rockets - require an investment simply to guard against air and meanwhile the air can go fight elsewhere.

On defense, air is very op. I have swooped in with my lib. and tankbusted 100s of sunders and then simply left the fights because without spawn options, the fight is over for the attackers. Very rarely can an attacking force with less than 24-48 men stop me - unless they have 2+ airplanes flying cover and even then I often survive long enough to destroy the sunderer.
    • Up x 2
  17. Blippy

I never said that AA was OP, I'm saying that "air has no counter" is a load of crap. I don't know how you interpreted "people pull ***-tons of AA way more often than what others will lead you to believe" as "AA killed me therefore it's OP." It's not. In a 12-24+ fight, all it takes is two sources of flak to ruin the days of every pilot within two hexes, to say nothing of Basilisks, Walkers, G2A rockets and A2A rockets. And that's fine, because flak won't kill anything besides an ESF unless there's no cover like Northern Indar and 90% of Esamir.

And I'll farm infantry in my Valkyrie if I damn well please, thank you very much.
    • Up x 1
  18. Jamuro

Blippy got this very right ... but i am sure people will keep complaining no matter what.

1 esf can tie down 2-3 AA heavies:
    if done right 3 AA heavies (i assume lockons) will kill any esf dumb enough to stick around.
    so that 350nanite vehicle gets instagibbed by stuff that costs 0 nanites ... yeah op air here ... suuure

use any form of AA + one skyguard or one dual burster max and esfs can't operate in that hex any more ... again op air oO?!?

the problem with AA is not that there are to few nanite free options (i mean seriously the average grunt has access to lockon launchers, base turrets and in case of any smart attacking force access to at least some AA trough the sunderer ... all usually nanite free for the guy using it)

The problem is that at least esfs have no other option than to run ... you complain that pilots won't stay around for you to kill them ... for the pilot it isn't fun either ... after all he has to run or die.
    Even a base turret alone is too meaty to simply take head on as an esf ... so fighting vs AA is something that this game just doesn't allow -> we run or die.

The whole Air is Op in small fights is absolute bs ... the problem is that people don't bother with it ... if even 2-3 people decide to go on AA duty, the whole hex becomes a no fly zone (usually even more).
    The problem is not that air is op in small fights, but that people rather die to lolpods than to actually pick AA ... but how the heck is that the pilots fault?
  19. Reclaimer77

Nonsense. If AA was that effective and fun, EVERYONE would be using it.

We've all been to small fights where a Liberator or two can absolutely RUIN it. Even if you manage to pull AA with them camping you with instakill one-hit spam weapons, are you saying you can actually make a difference? WRONG. You'll just die the second you start shooting at them!

I wonder if you even play this game. I bet you do, but as a pilot. Your entire post was propaganda BS. And can you please use punctuation and capitalization? Your posts are just horrid to read!
    • Up x 2
  20. Scr1nRusher

A Counter Kills.

A Deterrence doesn't.
    • Up x 3