VS Cheat Faction

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blackweb, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Blackweb

I have been playing PlanetSide since Planetside 1, Planetisde 2 since beta. I lead one of the largest NC outfits on Emerald, Phoenix Battalion. We also have TR and VS outfits that we use for training purposes. When we are playing VS we all notice how much better our stats are and how much easier to use the VS weapons are. I have mid-BR VS and TR characters. I have noted just how overpowered the VS faction is since Achievements went live, so overpowered in fact that the VS could be considered a cheat faction.

The VS do not have any really bad empire specific gear, especially their small arms weapons. If a VS heavy assault with high BR does not have the Beetleguese, they suck as a heavy assault or just don't play the class very much. All of the VS LMGs are good, all of their carbines are good, all of their assault rifles are good. Good rate of fire, almost no drop or recoil compared to NC weapons. This makes it very easy for VS players to get Auraxium weapons and gear through achievements.

For the NC on the other hand, we have maybe 2 or 3 good weapons of each type but the rest are absolute crap. The EM1, Reaper DMR, and Gauss Compact S come to mind, all of them are absolute crap, not worth the certs to buy. The VS and TR have no such weapons. I see very few NC wearing achievement gear, especially Auraxium weapons because they are just so hard to get as NC. The only way that NC can get weapon achievements is to buy NS weapons.

And then there is the seriously, ridiculously overpowered Lasher spam weapon. I thought we learned our lesson with the Lasher in Planetside 1. The Lasher is as ridiculously overpowered in PS2 as it was for a long time in PS1. The lasher has too much damage and too much range. The damage on the Lasher should be reduced by 50% and the range also cut by 50% or the damage at range greatly reduced.

VS AI MAXs are ridiculous. Just point and hold down both triggers, easy money. NC AI MAXes are highly situational, good only for short range urban combat.
    • Up x 1
  2. JohnDillPickel

I love how you are complaining about the VS AI maxes being op and saying the NC maxes are not. Furthermore the lasher is arguably the most situational weapon in the game and the VS sidearms suck even more. As for the recoil that is what separates VS, TR have fast fire rate, NC have hard hitting guns, and VS have neither.
  3. Tycoh

The VS MAX's AI weapons are like dual low fire rate but mildly accurate heavy assault weapons. They're damned good at most ranges. The downfall for NC maxes is that they're only good at close range, and not suprisingly almost every infantry weapon can out range an NC max. The NC maxes rely on the enemy to '**** out and run at them in close proximity.

The Lasher is great as a support weapon against crowded enemies, especially if you spam in their general movement lanes that go from their spawn to the capture point. This kind of "situational event" happens a lot if you're defending bases.
  4. Moridin6

aaaaand there went the credibility of your whole outfit

gg
    • Up x 13
  5. Taemien

Confirmation Bias.

Get to BR50 on that VS character and compare its stats to your NC.
    • Up x 5
  6. Blippy

What are slug Mattocks?
    • Up x 3
  7. Wargeist

I thought this thread was going to be about a particular VS clan that is just a zerg of aimbotters. I'm disappointed.
    • Up x 7
  8. Eternaloptimist

I don't know anything about the Reaper, but I like the EM1 for its RoF and I find it similar to the Polaris. I find them both pretty effective short to medium range weapons, especially since the increase in their max damage range. I also do well with the Gauss Compact Burst in medium to long range engagements since the buff to burst carbine accuracy . And the VS and TR both have burst carbines (143x3 burst instead of 167x2 burst).
    • Up x 1
  9. bLind db

Literally zero people associated with PHX had any credibility to begin with. It's an outfit for ****ters, and they even suck at doing that. Honestly, it starts with the fact that their leader is absolutely ********, and just rolls downhill from there.
  10. FieldMarshall

I couldnt take you seriously after you said all VS ARs were good.
    • Up x 8
  11. Diggsano

Oh man....i am not sure if this guy is just stupid or a troll....or both
    • Up x 1
  12. gunnner10

The only thing OP in this game are some players victim complex. (I include myself in this BTW)
  13. Azawarau

I disagree with everything youve said except the NC weapon part

VS weapons are much easier to use and imo better than nc small arms except their pistols are complete garbage.

Every faction has good weapons and weapons that stink except maybe VS with ease of use

The lasher is amazing but not at all overpowered . It has horrible damage outout and you know it. Also the range spread makes it impractical for anything more than flushing someone out of hiding so others can kill

VS max suits arent overpowered and i dont see how you came to that conclusion.

NC = AV and Anti max but horrible AI

TR = AI, camp kings with lockdown but horrible distance AV

VS = Right in the middle with no huge strengths or weaknesses aside from that really powerful laser beam they have for long distance AV
    • Up x 1
  14. Ragnarox

LoL TR Victim complex again. Was leveling my TR char yesterday from BR1 to BR25 and Carv + MSW-R cant even compare to SVA-88 and Orion cause with VS weapons you need to struggle with really high and bad vertical recoil, its like fighting vs enemies and my mouse in one. With TR lmg you dont need to do anything cause vertical recoil is non existant like that new NS auto pistol. I was even called cheater cause I killed 15 players in one session.

You can even compare population on miller which is 28% VS 38 TR 34% NC. We are so op that everyone are playing TR and NC.

VS are just mediocre. Only thing that makes VS good are good outfits.

VS need velocity buff cause we are shooting lasers/plasma to 700m/s-850m/s or even 900m/s.
    VS traits were mobility and no bullet drop. (ironically they nerfed both).
  15. Krinsee

Lets see... I've played since PS1, in both TR and VS.... Beta PS2 and I think the NC Maxs are the most OP since they have the most devistating weapons close in where the defensive points are for most bases.. Most control points require you to be in the 10-15 Insta-kill range of the NC max... If you want mid range weapons like VS and TR.. we DEMAND close in shotguns like the NC and then you will cry like tghe little higbies that you are.
  16. UberNoob1337101

I'm actually going to take this thread seriously even though it's obviously a troll thread.
    Damn, that's strange man, comparing a old main that you used to play and learn on as a new player and a new alt once you know all the tips and tricks. It's kind of hard to think why the VS alt is better, their weapons must be OP amirite?
    LOL. I can't take it seriously anymore, "All VS LMGs are good, all of their ARs are good", rofl, good one OP. Also, VS weapons have more recoil than NC ones, just to be clear. I notice that VS weapons have higher kick and are less controllable in that category in comparison to NC, probably because NC fires slower.
    Did you just call EM1, Reaper DMR and Gauss Compact S bad weapons? Now you're crossing the line m9. NC weapons are as good as the other factions' weapons. Every faction has bad weapons, but NC has the least.

This could've been at least a rusty Balto thread if you didn't say the lasher is OP.
    The only AI weapon that I can call a little bit too good is the Blueshift VM5, and it only needs a very slight RoF nerf. NC MAXs are really situational, but in the situation they're useful in they wreck everything. Not to mention Ravens.

Git gud m9

You're also a bad player that is a member of a bad outfit, I should've known...
    • Up x 2
  17. Goretzu

Not remotely as good or reliable at medium or longer range as Blueshifts. Which isn't to say they are pants, but they are what they are (longer range shotguns), and aren't what they aren't.

You can actually engage reliably at 50m with Blueshifts, at 50m with Mattocks you will kill people, but you'll miss (with perfect accuracy) a whole lot more.
  18. Hegeteus

Looks like good old straightforward trolling. OP leaves an outrageous message and won't stay to defend it while most posters come here and bite... it doesn't take a Sherlock Holmes to figure out, but I at least get a little chuckle from these honest troll threads
  19. Pikachu

Vanu hatred. :D
  20. Savadrin

OP is 100% correct.
    • Up x 2