Is TR using anything but Gatekeepers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkWingGB, Dec 15, 2015.

1. DarkWingGB

No, realy? I saw that almost every Prowler, avery Harrasser are using GK. Nothing else. Its excelent weapon against armors, infantry, ESFs, turrets... everything. AOE and pinpoint accuracy. Why using something else?
    • Up x 1
  2. bLind db

Because everything else sucks, which is why TR had such weak vehicle combat options prior to the GK.
    • Up x 7
  3. Friendlee

team up....team up.....team up..........you can do anything you want to a base if you go in with about 15 guys with headsets and teamwork.......gatekeeper my bootee
  4. Pikachu

In popularity it's the equivalent of BG on vanu heavies.
    • Up x 7
  5. Pikachu

What's wrong with vulcan for close range and halberd for everything else?
    • Up x 5
  6. Azawarau

They were the best at vehicle camping and sniping

That just got worse
    • Up x 2
  7. \m/SLAYER\m/

its like:"i was so lonely at deployed Prowler in the middle of desert, but now i got a friend..."
    • Up x 1
  8. Jacques Cayton II

It's going to get looked at.
  9. Taemien

Everyone complains about the GK because they won't close in with the TR. Guess they're afraid of the Vulcan. And they should be. GK is the least of your worries.

GK is only decent in groups, a solo GK can largely be ignored. You can't ignore a Vulcan though.
    • Up x 1
  10. Azawarau

I think its more because the prowler cannons supplementing the gatekeeper
  11. ConradHorse

LOL@Gatekeeper OP? This gun is worse than basilisk... slower, less damage, and unnoticeable fallof that's useless in close range
  12. Snow Sheltie

The only people defending the Gatekeeper are people abusing its perfect combination of:

No bullet drop
    High rate of fire
    Good velocity
    High ammo capacity
    Fast reload speed

One of the ECUS guys on Emerald server put it all into a 45 second video.

This is a repeat of the same behavior all the VS players were doing when the ZOE maxes first came out.
    • Up x 3
  13. Savadrin

Not technically true. With a gunner, I have great success against lightnings at shotgun range to mid, and sniping from the correct angle and place they're just gifts. Not as much with MBTs.

Also, I managed to snipe a sundy with like 8 people in it the other day. That was a jackpot.

The downside of the H lolkeeper is that it's still on a harrasser, which just doesn't stand up if they manage to catch you.

But the real question is why use anything else? If i know i'm going to try and run AI I might switch out, but for anything else, there's just no better catchall. The gun is stupidly good, so I'm having fun with it before they set it on fire.

Also, it garners so much salt it might as well be the ocean, and I regularly see a lib coming for my *** within 2 minutes of my first kill.
  14. Jubikus

Do TR use this alot of course its good and super easy to use if im going to pull a tank alone theres going to be times where a random pub is going to hope in and i might as well have the easiest weapon to use weather or not its actually the best.

Ok Excelent against armor yeah. Good agaisnt ESF sure its better than its counterparts but still pretty crap performs less than 1/4 as good as actual AA. Good agaisnt infantry not really its annoying to them but it takes 5 direct hits or 17 indirect hits to actually kill one which is not good.

The gatekeeper is a good weapon with the advantage of range which in this game seems to be huge especially on a harasser which can relocate to better vantage points than a prowler and faster. But overall you would be suprised on the weapons overall statistical performance.

http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=vKPU&weapon1=802874&weapon2=3704&weapon3=3442
    http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=vKPU&weapon1=802875&weapon2=6123&weapon3=6126
  15. jmdafk

TR are rubbish at using armour so at the end of the day so there is nothing to worry about (seriously, we are pathetic)
    All its being used for is long range farming/stand off engagments. As TR its getting on my **** 95% of our tanks are sat safe 500m away from anyfights and often behind base sheilds.
    As someone ^ mentioned the MR11 doesnt actually do much damage so against a determined enemy that knows what they are doing its not much use anyway.

I understand its frustrating for NC and VS, but it really is the ONLY weapon we have thats best in class. And its not like we use it to create unstoppable armoured movements. Our prowlers still die just as fast when they go head to head with the vanguards and mags.
    All the MR11 has done is made open areas places of parity rather than TR playng turkey to VS and NC. Its just a shame there wasnt another way to balance things up than givng us a blatently op weapon
    Maybe it can nerfed Orion style???
    • Up x 1
  16. HVOP

Wait wait, mags can kill prowlers in a head to head fight? I've been doing this wrong :( /s
  17. Pat22

Sounds to me like someone doesn't know that the Prowler is at the top of the MBT food chain.
  18. asmodraxus

Tank DPS
    Locked down Prowler
    Unlocked Prowler
    Lightning (delete if the tanks have gunners)
    Vanguard
    Magrider

Tank effective health
    Vanguard
    Prowler / Magrider
    Lightning

Speed
    Lightning
    Prowler
    Vanguard
    Magrider

Its no wonder that the Magrider is the least used tank.
  19. Taemien

Because the DPS is atrocious, at least compared to the Vulcan. I could see it being used on Prowlers to snipe. But on Harassers the Vulcan is usually the better bet. Now if the enemy has a massive armor column.. especially NC, the GK is the way to go. Titan-AP + Enforcer/Halberd combo just wrecks anything within 200m.

When I play TR, the players I usually run with prefer the Vulcan, even on Esamir.
  20. Dethonlegs

People abuse whatever is OP at the moment. I've done it, you've done it, we've all done it. People are just mad that it wasn't their turn to have fun.

That said, at range the Gatekeeper is to armor as the old PPA was to infantry - little risk from a hex away. On the prowler it's no so much an issue, but on an harrasser it's a real problem. However annoying it is, it's still preferable to the vulcan no matter what vehicle it's attached to.