What do you think of the Mjolnir?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jake the Dog, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Jake the Dog

Most of my buddies in tanks dislike it, and I just unlocked it on my vanguard. However, everyone I ask say they would rather have the enforcer. I find it lackluster imo, but I deal more with driving than secondary gunning. In fact I only gun in the secondary turret when I'm trying to aurax my tanks. So I'd like some other peoples opinions.
    I love the vulcan and play with it alot, however I feel the grenade launcher style makes it much shorter range the the G30 and definitely less effective against targets like air or mid range vehicles (which the vulcan can be quite effective against still).
  2. Flag

It's too range restricted.
  3. FieldMarshall

Would rather use the Enforcer tbh.
    • Up x 1
  4. Liewec123

too weak, too innacurate, too slow.
    it should either be automatic or it should deal more damage.
    Aphelion and Vulcan are so much better.
    • Up x 2
  5. Plastikfrosch

lets say, over all my chars i got killed by following tank/harrasser weapons: vulkan, gatekeeper, saron, aphelion, enforcer....thats all AV vehicle weapons i got killed by, never saw the mjolnir on the death screen and its the only weapon i never used myself.
    Also its the weapon i nearly never see on any mbt or harrasser while the weapons i named above are seen verry often the mjolnir seems to be a unicorn.
  6. Jake the Dog

That I've noticed definitely.
    As do My friends lol.
    I've heard rumors that some people really like it because it takes down tanks fron the rear really quickly, but otherwise generally sucks.
  7. stalkish

I dont use it much, seems to niche.
    Mjolnir - close range ground vehicle killer, thats it, its not even good at killing infantry.
    Halberd - As good at range as up close, kills infantry in 1 (most of the time) and deals nice damage to aircraft which are perfectly hittable with it. Plus it synchs better with the Vanguard main cannon.

There no choice there imo, so i tend to agree with your buddies, albeit i prefer halberd.
  8. Jake the Dog

I always preferred enforcer over the halberd myself, if you're not a perfect shot (as most pubbies tend to be) its alot more forgiving than the halberd. Also if I remember my stats correctly I believe they have a very similar dps unlike say Saron vs halberd. Granted higher alpha and watnot.
  9. stalkish

i believe enforcer > halberd for DPS, but its only small and the berd has so many other benefits.
    To list a few:
    • 1 shot no flak infantry
    • 1 shot engineer mana AV turrets
    • does almost half damage to ESF as an alpha strike.
    • Has a proper aiming reticle
    The gunners i roll with tend to be pretty reliable.
  10. Jake the Dog

After rereading your statement this would make it perfect. In fact I feel people might actually use it. With a 50 round mag dumping 'nades on tanks could be pretty distressing to tankers especially with the sound they make when they impact vehicles, which is a nice psychological touch.
  11. Jake the Dog

Yeah, but most engineer turrets are food for the main gun anyways. So easy to hit that kind of target.

My only qualm with the enforcer is the ridiculous amount of drop on it and the reticle was something I was thinking about yesterday too, kinda annoying. Enforcer though has the ability to suppress infantry and if the infantry are damaged as they tend to be, you can still one shot them. But I digress I too love the halberd, I just pull the enforcer for when I need the dps or I have scrubby gunners.
  12. \m/SLAYER\m/

you can try with harrasser, but for Vanguard - u must have cloak, to get such close... and there problem with AMS - you cant really get close, and engineers can outrepair your main cannon.
    Vanguard is too slow, and each shot counts, you cant just put spray&pray gun on top of it.
  13. Jake the Dog

Yeah, thats why I think if they made it full auto it would work much better, as liewec pointed out, its a very niche gun but its not better than the other CR AV.
  14. Problem Officer

The range sucks, the indirect radius and damage suck, the firing mechanic sucks. Wanted to like it, but it's just trash.
    Aphelion destroys it against MAX and armor while still having awkward firing mechanics. Not comparing GK's obvious situation.
    The indirect radius needs to be tripled or more, the indirect damage increased heavily against light armor, direct increased.
    That wouldn't even be enough, as the range keeps it escaping or dead when attacked.
    I don't think it's salvageable as an anti-vehicle weapon without changing the firing mechanic to something like a cluster-grenade.
    Rather have the originally planned railgun. Some dev got plastered as hell to suggest replacing that.
    • Up x 1
  15. Danath

As I posted in another topic regarding all the new ES secondaries: its range is not close, is melee. And having to click for each shot is awful.
  16. Vellsi

Between how awful the Mjolnir is and how DBG made the mistake of transferring all the flaws which had made the C85-Canister inferior to other weaponry for its role to an all new gun, I also somehow have to wonder who approved of the overall design philosophy to give the faction with the least mobile MBTs a melee-weapon that doesn't even outperform other close-range weapons enough to make a difference.

What is the Mjolnir even supposed to add for NC? At any range but right in melee it seems inferior the Enforcer or Halberd. Contrary to the Enforcer the DPS can not be fully applied due to spread and CoF bloom unless you are almost ramming another vehicle and thanks to the limited turning angles you can't even defend yourself with it in close-quarters, even less so on uneven ground.

VS should have gotten the Mjolnir - climb up a hill with a Magrider from behind, get very close and **** DPS all over them, then run. It's the only purpose that weapon has and it doesn't work well for NC.
  17. Jake the Dog

Technically, the enforcer is a rail gun. They're magnetically accelerated projectiles. They just don't act like them... at all. but I know what you're saying.

I feel that if it was full-auto people would use it more but otherwise its going to lead a mediocre existence.
  18. LodeTria

The H version needs to be auto like the vanguard version. It's just so annoying clicking every shot.
    It's Bloom should be fixed and not expanding, since it's already at max after like 1 or 2 shots. I guess the idea is that you can feather the shots like the saron, but 1 shot makes it bloom so hard that even the 3rd or 4th shell from the first click is going elsewhere.
    Some more velocity wouldn't go a miss. Vulcan is 300m/s and so should this be & apfailion if isn't.
  19. EViLMinD

I've maxed both versions of the Mjolnir (mag size + thermals is way to go) and I like it ok. I'd rather have a Halberd/Fury/Enforcer (it's hard to solo with), but it still serves a purpose. It's great for flash attacks against enemy armor. Get close enough and it can bring down anything with a mag... or get it smoky enough.
  20. axiom537

It suffers the same issue that the Vulcan does on a MBT, which is that it is only effective up close and for the most part you do not want to have up close fights in a MBT. nor can a MBT get in and out of close fights quickly and easily.

However, like the Vulcan on the Harasser it is awesome. The harasser is the perfect frame for the Mjolinar, because it is fast enough to get you in close, you dump your damage and then you burst away.

The only issue I have with it, which I think others have mentioned is that it should be an auto shot, rather then a semi auto. having to click the mouse for each firing is annoying and makes it less accurate.
    • Up x 1