Striker is OP.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PasitheeVS, Sep 17, 2015.

1. PasitheeVS

Yes, no joke, I'm Sirius about this.

After some "tweaking" the Striker is now totally OP.
    It is decent against Vehicles and Infantry (Maxes), but most important it's OP for AA.
    Or should I say A2A?

The Striker

- Instant Lock-On (Coyote-Like)
    - High Damage per Mag ~50% of an ESFs health
    - Can't be dodged
    - Not affected by stealth
    -> Best AA to rage pull that doesn't cost Nanites

So... put 1 or 2 Strikers in a good Valk together with Engies to repair and you'll have an Aircraft
    that dodges pretty much everything (Valks extreme movement) and can't be dodged.
    No other faction can do something like that.

I don't want to further explain why this is OP.

So, how to balance that?

Give either every faction a Coyote-like lock-on.
    Maybe by adding a firemode to an existing lock-on, a third one for the Swarm for example.

Or nerf the Striker's AA abilities. In exchange of better AV abilities.
    Maybe by making Stealth affect the lock-on, or highly reducing the auto lock-on range.
  2. FateJH

• Up x 1
  3. Mxiter

I would trade my close range AA launcher outperformed by G2A ES launcher for a 700m range AV railgun anyday.
    • Up x 2
  4. Scr1nRusher

[IMG]
    • Up x 14
  5. MikeyGeeMan

hahaahaaa.

Stop. I just had a noodle go through my nose I laughed so hard.
    • Up x 3
  6. Lord_Avatar

Unbelievable... The Striker is semi-solid right now, but OP... OP, your post is OP. :D
    • Up x 3
  7. Scr1nRusher

• Up x 2
  8. PasitheeVS

9. Collin

Ok get a coyote style gun oh damn get this one and we get the lancer deal?

VS for god sake! Stop it!
    • Up x 3
  10. Scr1nRusher

VS is going full r-trd lately on these forums.
    • Up x 1
  11. PasitheeVS

Deal!
    And no, I won't stop. WANT to provoke by telling such, well, thesis that are against the consensus.
  12. Collin

I really don´t know i think it was always that way. Look and try even try to mention the Betelgeuse.

And we are talking about the Betel makes about 20k kills a ´DAY and about 10 kills more than the godsaw. Just to show you the magnetude here. Without saying the Betel is OP the VS lords are seeing everything.

The striker does roughly 800 kills on par with the lancer. Same goes for the gatekeeper 2500 kill vs 2000 kills saron and about the same enforcer.

So a gun which has about 20.000 kills and its fellow NC and TR directive weapons get 10.000 kills is not worth a single thread but the VS open up on each TR gun a new thread. They are CRAZY i tell you
    • Up x 8
  13. Collin

Then join TR get a Striker ffs
  14. Elkybam

Admit that you died and spent too long in the air in one spot. I have yet to see an uncoordinated group of communists take down anything close to a Scythe without being finished by Proton Pods.
  15. ModsFreeAreForTV

[IMG]

This is why this game, its "community", and its developers are an epic fail.
    • Up x 1
  16. DeltaValkyrie

He's obviously joking... thanks for rubbing it into TR's face just how useless it is.

Stealth obviously shouldn't affect the lock-on since it would make the weapon utterly useless for anything.

Let me take it further, please give TR the lancer and we can have the striker... I bet in 1 week time you'll be wanting it back lol
  17. xMaxdamage

everybody, join the bandwagon immediately! let's get Striker nerfed into Lancer!!!!!
    • Up x 2
  18. Flag

Can't say I agree on the "OP" side of the argument, but the striker -is- super strong when used from a valk in this way.
  19. Kulso

:eek: Striker's OP?! :eek:

:confused: Striker's UP?? :confused:
    • Up x 1
  20. Nregroepis

[IMG]
    • Up x 4