Hacks getting bad again

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by rockhead101, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Taemien

I want to see if you have the courage to name them yourself. Here's a list of devs for Planetside 2:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2aa3lx/soe_staff_quick_reference_chart/

Here's a list of those who were laid off and not with the company currently so you can cross reference:

https://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2vmp48/master_list_of_developers_affected_by_the_layoffs/

There.. half the work has been done for you. Lets see a list. Like I said, you don't have the stones to do it. And you're a fraud if you don't.
    • Up x 2
  2. ModsFreeAreForTV

Higby, DCarey, and Hoffman definitely. The art is good and the visuals so the art devs are fine. The game mechanics and concept is just unrealistic ******** and those 3 need to take a look back at how you can develop as a player but not deal with the garbage *** unbalancing and the over emphasis on teamwork (even though no teamwork ever really happens on a massive scale). The game is a pipe dream and I wish they'd realize it.
  3. Taemien

Carey and Higby haven't been with the project for nearly a year.

So your beef is with Alex Hoffman, you think he is to be blamed for the cheating and hacking?
  4. ModsFreeAreForTV

Considering how long it takes to progress a character, yes. Also I blame whoever designed the Cert systems. It takes too damn long to level up and get certs, so why should I do it when a program can do it for me faster and better? (I'm talking hypothetically)
  5. Jubikus

Wow talk about a small staff no wonder things take so long for so little. Poor guys.
    • Up x 2
  6. HadesR

At least they have re-hired Xander, who starts back Monday ...

ok Back to topic
    • Up x 3
  7. ModsFreeAreForTV

This is why I see the game closing soon. It just isn't working.
  8. Leftconsin

Announcement not long ago said someone got banned for team killing. Checked his stats and yeah... 84% teamkill rate over the last few weeks. NC of course.
  9. HadesR

Yeah noticed that ... And about time to ..

To much of the faction swapping to TK players / Sundies etc going on ..
  10. Taemien

That was sort of the point I was making. Why lay blame on a team who is more than likely doing what they can with what they have. I don't like the fact that things aren't moving swiftly. But I don't put blame where it isn't due. In this case, put it with the higher ups. But not the small dev team we have with PS2.
    • Up x 1
  11. ModsFreeAreForTV

Last small dev team to try to make a big commercial game was the developers of Takedown: Red Sabre. You should look that game up, it's so horrible it's funny. Small companies never prevail in the gaming industry and something gives me the feel DBG is going to join the graveyard once they realize this has just gone too far and too broken.
  12. Taemien

You're going to choke on that foot if you keep trying to swallow it further.

You don't know a thing about development, you don't even know how to cross reference the lists I gave you, and you have no clue to what you are talking about.
    • Up x 1
  13. ModsFreeAreForTV

Aww is fanboy sticking up for his games? And I'm by all means no pro developer but I did work on projects with people from Infinity Ward, among other companies.

Here's my outdated Mod DB: http://www.moddb.com/members/modsfreearefortv

And from what I was taught by the people who are full-time pro devs, Planetside's development team is running the game all wrong.
  14. Taemien

You made a map, that's not even a mod.

Show me the best MMOFPS you can find on the internet. I'll give you a hint, there's 2 you can find. Short answer is those 'pro devs' have no clue what they are talking about either. Point them here, lets have a discussion about it.
  15. ModsFreeAreForTV

If this is the best the MMOFPS genre can do then it's already a failure. A game has to appeal to CASUAL PLAYERS. Can you read that Taemien? CASUAL. PLAYERS. People who play the game temporarily, buy ****, and LEAVE. I can guarantee you ALL games that are still around and that have sold millions appeal to these type of people.

And I've made many, many maps for many different projects. Lots of developers like to do side projects in their free time cause big gaming companies only appeal to CASUAL PLAYERS. Cause they like to PROFIT. Got that? PROFIT.
  16. Silsila

Sorry, but that has to be one of the most stupid and ignorant thing I've ever read.
    A small team can create miracles because their creative vision isn't spoiled by the bureaucracy that is a large studio.
    For example, Notch, the creator of Minecraft, did that single handedly and then grew into a small studio.
    The development team for Skyrim was 90 people, still a quite small dev team in todays AAA industry.

So having a small team doesn't spell doom for your project. In today industry I would actually say that it's better to have a small team and try to experiment with your game ideas.
    And to be honest, Planetside 2 dev team doesn't need to be very big now as the pressure on the art pipeline isn't that overwhelming. Which mean that they could be tweaking and creating new content by just reusing existing content and still create great content.

And developing a game and running a game is two completly different things. The developers develop the game while the upper management run the game. So if the game goes badly it has more to do with poor upper management that doesn't form a solid plan on how to monetize and expand on it's IPs.
    And this happen in both large and small studios.
  17. ModsFreeAreForTV

But those gaming companies appealed to CASUAL PLAYERS. Please tell me what kind of people play Minecraft compared to people who play PS2. This is a niche game. Which will be its demise.
  18. Silsila

**Edit** I completely misread that post
  19. Silsila

I'd say that Planetside can appeal to causal players as well, after all we have features like Instant action, which is designed primarily for people who want to log in, drop into a fight and then quite when they feel they are done.
    All in all I think the business strategy of Planetside is quite sound.

What they lack is marketing and a good introduction for new players. Which is something that is coming with Koltyr... all though a bit late.

But apart from that I don't think the game has a problem with chartering to both Casual and Hard core players.
  20. ModsFreeAreForTV

I've shown so many people PS2. Only 1 out of 10 stuck around, and he barely plays. This game doesn't appeal to anyone but hardcore players, it's just small features give the illusion that it does. No one wants to play an FPS where it takes an hour to get to two levels on average. That's unheard of, same with certs.