[Suggestion] A better way for DB to suggest new weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ALN_Isolator, Aug 28, 2015.

1. ALN_Isolator

So currently DB just adds whatever the hell gun they want to the game but it doesn't really matter in the end because (at least on Connery) I only see the weapon in question once every two weeks.

Here's a little multi step plan on how to get the community's response as loud and clear as possible.

step 1: suggest new weapon/change (no specific stats) in the wishlist and let us vote yes or no on the idea. If the idea gets more "no" votes than "yes" votes it's over right there.

step 2: suggest stats for the weapon in a new thread on the in-development page should the vote be yes. These are specific stats like damage, RoF, PV etc. and allow us to vote yes or no on them. Read popular suggestions in the comments!

step 3: with any changes needed NOW it goes on PTS.

step 4: final balancing/bugfixes

step 5: a tested, balanced gun that people wanted goes live.
  2. Taleroth

Game development by popular opinion is one of the worst ideas that can be suggested.
  3. MikeyGeeMan

This here is the most important most prolific statement I've ever read on these forums. And I'm not trying to be sarcastic.

It's like the Gordon Ramsey shows. Where the restaurants are failing. The owners end up trying to retain the older customers so much that they don't make the menu fresh enough and good enough that new people will want to try it out.

I can understand that you need to give your customer what they want. But the best products are the ones that you didn't realize you needed till you have it.

I would say stop worrying about the whining and threats of quitting and just do it. Make new stuff , balance it after. Let the babies cry and the real players adapt.