Why is the VS the Try Hard faction?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RainbowDash9, Aug 16, 2015.

1. RainbowDash9

im honestly curious. all the try hards and farmers go to VS. why? did someone a long time ago just decide that VS was going to be the try hard faction or what? and no its not a VS hate thread :p
    • Up x 3
  2. ciider

I am sure rainbowdash could find a explanation for everything!

It is caused by europe having the fewest inhabitants compared to English speaking people in the world and Russia leaning towards most of Asia.
  3. Scr1nRusher

I expect the VDF(Vanu Defense Force) to swarm this thread.
    • Up x 6
  4. RainbowDash9

I'm not an EggHead so i wouldnt know :p #tvshowreferencesmaketheworldgoaround
  5. ciider

It is actually the other way around.
  6. Ballto21

Keep in mind reading this im not calling overpowered on anything

The vs have a lot of very small advantages, some so miniscule that theyre normally not worth mentioning and some slightly bigger that are worth mentioning.

These include No bullet drop on most infantry weapons and some vehicle weapons (generally worthless on almost all infantry weapons with the exception of BRs and SASRs)

Controllable recoil on a few select weapons and faster reloads on some weapons. Now, most are nowhere near NS ability in the recoil department, but with the mildly quicker reloads on top of the boosted recoil its a toss up in some cases.

0.75 ADS on at least one of every weapon category with the exception of scout rifles and sniper rifles. Now, this is slightly more worth mentioning, but isnt really that overpowered since it can be countered by aiming well and just generally not being terrible. I can see why people complain about it on the orion due to heavy assault and whatnot, but its not as big of a deal as people make it out to be.

Coordinated outfits. For some reason, we have great platoon leads that for some reason seem to be better at leading for alert wins. I have no idea why,but its true looking at the alert wins. One borderline overpowered weapon on one class or borderline op tank/esf that cant cap points would not make a huge difference in alert wins, at least not on this scale. Otherwise we would see LA zergs from the TR using the jaguar and endless lockdown prowlers winning 50% of all alerts, or endless NC maxes/reavers/anchors winning 50% of alerts.

And finally, the pinnacle of crutch, the pinnacle of stat padding spergery, heavy assaults. Since the orion is considered the best LMG is the game by a lot of people, stat padding spergs go there to turn their DA page into high quality **** for themselves.

Thats what i think
    • Up x 5
  7. RainbowDash9

so what i gathered from this is..... ORION IS LOVE, ORION IS LIFE. But seriously i just find it weird that all of the "tactically inclined" people go straight to VS. TR is lucky if their isnt a verbal war on command chat, and NC is too busy killing themselves to bother lol
    • Up x 3
  8. Ballto21

maybe in the early days of the game people who knew what they were doing just said **** THIS **** and left because of the endless verbal diarrhea on NC chat and the flame war in TR chat, VS as far as i am aware has always been mostly quiet on command chat unless there was reason to talk
    • Up x 1
  9. breeje

i blame the spandex crawling up in there a** :D
    • Up x 4
  10. Crator

This is the most likely explanation.
    • Up x 1
  11. UberNoob1337101

It's the 1337 prOrion/BattleGoose worshiping med-kit chugging Heavy Assaults and lame one-sided zergfests that get VS a bad rap, since they are the cheese-mongers out of all other players, because they exploit the most annoying things in the game hence being almost invincible in combat.

You don't have to be good at all in order to unlock Betelgeuse and play a med-kit chugging HA, you win because your exploits and equipment is better than his, not because of better positioning or skill (even though good players can farm and beat VS HAs for quite a bit) but that doesn't mean that VS are OP, it's that the cheese tactics they are using are OP because everybody can do it, but VS for some reason do it the most.

And for some reason VS also attracts a lot of players too, so they zerg more.

I know a ton of players that are Betelgeuse HAs and zerging like crazy on one hex, they are so numerous on Miller they plague the server.

Not that I blame the players for using something effective though, it's a game design/balance issue, not a player one.
    • Up x 1
  12. Shanther

This post made me laugh.
    • Up x 1
  13. _itg

I think a lot of it goes back to the days when ZOE was gamebreakingly overpowered. Anyone who cared about winning more than faction flavor/loyalty (or hated getting farmed by unfair stuff) was likely to switch to VS. That's been fixed for a long time, but once a faction gets a disproportionate number of tryhards, it will probably stay that way, because they keep winning a disproportionate number of alerts. Then newbie tryhards will see that this faction is winning and join them. It doesn't help that VS still has the best two weapons in the game for the tryhard class (HA).
    • Up x 1
  14. Sarcasmo

Try hard Win hard
    • Up x 5
  15. Shadowomega

VS has always had the lowest recruitment rate, but the highest player retention rate and higher average player age. Though I think it has alot to do with most VS players from PS 1 returned to PS2 as VS along with the outfits they have been part of for sometime.

As for the NC they have the Highest Recruitment, lowest player retention, lower average player age, higher then normal tks, also highest lone wolf rates. From my time playing NC their chat is nearly as bad as the Barrens chat from WoW.

TR seemed to be perfectly in the middle on recruitment and player retention rate. Depending on the server and time their chat seems to range from friendly chit chat to massively racial charged flame warm.
    • Up x 1
  16. Iridar51

It's bozon effect. The more bozons there are in one place, the greater the chance that additional bozons show up.
    • Up x 5
  17. MarkAntony

no running out of ammo while farming bads...
    • Up x 3
  18. AlterEgo

WELL, when you put it that way, it kinda makes us want to farm even more. Honestly, whenever I play NC or TR going against VS, the number of tryhards/farmers is pretty equal. Could be me, though, because the true definition of tryhard is not shared between all players.
    • Up x 3
  19. WeRelic

Bear in mind, I'm a VS main, but have played all three factions enough to form an opinion. I don't know that we have a lot of tryhards, but we do have a lot of organized outfits, and a relatively clear command chat (at least on Emerald).

When I joined PS2, I was interested in leading squads and platoons. Not that I was very good, but I noticed a distinct difference in how that lack of skill was handled by the squad/platoon members. On NC or TR, I would literally get berated if I made a call people didn't like, but on VS, all I got were alternative plans and suggestions as to how to best accomplish the plan I had laid out. Biiiiiig difference. This leads to better squad leads, and better squads in general because of the confidence level of the leads, and the fact that most VS players will discuss rather than attack your ideas.

I think its that attitude that makes VS strong enough to win alerts consistently, combined with the minor effects mentioned by Ballto. The way I see it, the game is extremely well balanced (with a few minor exceptions), the playerbase, however, is not.
    • Up x 1
  20. pnkdth

Hate to break it to you but NC/TR does this too. Everybody zergs, everybody MAX, everybody farms. The only difference is that you only notice it when you're on the recieving end(and it is quite rare for your own faction to zerg itself).

Also, Miller VS has the least pop of the three.