Why is it that a single infantry can 'solo' a MBT in this game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by orangejedi829, Jul 30, 2015.

1. orangejedi829

It's beyond infuriating when I spend 450 nanites on what is supposed to be the most powerful ground unit in the game, and a single LA kills me instantly with C4. Not only is it ludicrous that a single infantry should have the ability to do this, but it also happens instantly, with no hope to counter or shoot back. Honestly, the 'balance' decisions made in this game astound me.
    • Up x 8
  2. Takara

Because he is good....or you aren't aware enough of your surroundings to have noticed him. If you are that close to infantry in tanks in this game...expect the C4 fairy.

And it isn't instant....the time it takes to throw those two c4 and get in range is long enough. If you are driving a MBT and you and your gunner missed the guy. Either you two made a mistake or that guy just knew what he was doing.
    • Up x 18
  3. Konstantinn

You know how it was humiliating to get knifed in counter-strike? Wasn't the easiest thing knifing a guy who has an automatic weapon. Well, getting C4ed in MBT is equally humiliating (though more so in an MBT with 2 crew).
  4. The Rogue Wolf

That Light Assault player didn't "instantly kill you" with C4. He carefully made his way to your position without getting obliterated by your allies, managed to stick 2 bricks of C4 to your tank, and detonated them without you seeing him.

In other words, you were outplayed.
    • Up x 9
  5. Hunstad

I used to get quite frustrated when C4 fairies would get me, especially when I had just pulled the tank and due to being blown up now have to wait for nanites to refill. But after doing C4 fairy work myself, I can appreciate the effort it takes to actually take out an MBT with C4. Most tanks, if the C4 fairy hasn't been killed by teammates, will notice him running towards the tank. Those tanks promptly back up at full speed while blasting away at the fairy, and as for the fairy? He is a sitting duck, with no hope of C4ing that tank and most likely no hope of escape. It's a high risk, high reward kind of act, and definitely fine as it is.

If you are really having trouble with C4 fairies, try switching to third person sometimes; it really helps you get better awareness around the vehicle. Or better yet, buy proximity radar, and you'll always see him coming on the minimap.
    • Up x 5
  6. Joexer

A tank is a force multiplier. C4 is too. C4 is cheaper.use c4.
    • Up x 1
  7. Disconsented

C4 is broken OP
    And second phase of the lethality changes never went through
    • Up x 12
  8. orangejedi829

Clearly this is the answer.

For everyone saying "you were outplayed":
    - The fact that a single infantry even has the option to 'outplay' a MBT all by themselves is completely broken. If it were really difficult to do, then maybe. But
    - It is not hard at all to sneak up on a vehicle that only has a 90-degree field of view. Sure, MBTs have gunners but they rarely make a difference in my experience. In small battles, it's easy to sneak up on a tank because everything is quiet and they'll likely never predict where you're coming from. In large battles, it's easy to sneak up on a tank because there are so many things going on that the suicide fairies have plenty of time to run in and blow you up before you or your allies notice.
    - When I said that C4 is an "instant" kill, it's because it is and instant kill. I don't care how long they took getting into position. If I had an LMG with a TTK of 0, would it be fair if I counted the time it took me to walk up to the enemy as part of the kill time? Of course not.
    • Up x 5
  9. sebastian oscar post

are you tarking about the mbt? or a max?
  10. CorporationUSA

They should give MBTs a regenerating shield, like the sunderer got. It would only work when they are stationary for a few seconds.
    • Up x 1
  11. sebastian oscar post

also are there single man MBTs in real-life?
    • Up x 1
  12. Joexer

With auto loaders and self driving cars im sure this would be a thing.
  13. Joexer

Also. You could "solo" a mbt with many things in Ps2. Like turrets. Hmgs. Av grenades. Etc. If your a tanker you need situational awareness.
    • Up x 4
  14. sebastian oscar post

well i've searched and searched but i could not find one
    the concept is so simple that im surprised that no arms companies have even thought of this!
    • Up x 1
  15. Joexer

Now lets sell the idea to textron and general dynamics i think it could look something like a lightning.

Lol
  16. sebastian oscar post

i mean come on!
    if we can pilot sophisticated tanks in planetside by our own then we can surely make one.
  17. Demigan

Yeah, Instantly! All you need to do is use terrain and cover to avoid being seen by enemies, maybe fight a few 1v1's, then get to your target unseen because if you are seen he can drive backwards and already escape, if not just forwards and tank a single C4, and if you succeed in all of those you can get a kill, instantly! Oh and you need to pay for those C4.

Also, a good tanker can solo a bunch of infantry. In fact, even in a Lightning with just driving a little around you can become untouchable by infantry, as C4 fairies won't be able to place it on you and HA's with rockets will never be able to deal enough damage before you get behind cover and repair.
    Also, if you decide to tunnel-vision somewhere and get C4red by LA (which is usually the same people over and over again) it's your fault for getting C4red. You could have brought a Spitfire for instance as a warning system. I'm an avid tanker, and I don't get C4red very often for a reason.
    And here's another fun fact: If C4 fairies were really that dangerous and annoying, why doesn't everyone use proximity radar to detect them? You have a perfect tool to keep C4 off of you with it, if you pay attention. Because if you see an LA approaching you basically have a kill: the LA will not be able to drop (just backing up is fast enough to outrun it) and at best he'll be able to get 1 C4 on you. He'll quickly have to land on the ground and then it's bye bye LA.
    • Up x 2
  18. sebastian oscar post

no i ment a single mbt made in america.
  19. Demigan

Give tunnel-vision players a boost? Why? Because it will help against one of the few good options infantry has against them?
    • Up x 3
  20. AlterEgo

In WW2, a German soldier could place a Panzerknacker on the backside of an IS and destroy it. What makes it different when a soldier with a jetpack carrying two sticks of C4 does it to a Vanguard?
    • Up x 1