[Suggestion] The directive reward knife should be better.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Iridar51

God, I knew you were senseless, Scrinrusher, but to suggest something so obviously broken is a new record for you.
  2. Scr1nRusher

Personal attack?

Also it was a suggestion.

BTW how can it be "broken" if knifing is so CQC you have to be touching the person & the knife mechanics are screwed up abit combined with clineside?
  3. FieldMarshall

lol
  4. Scr1nRusher

Currently, why should you EVER use the Directive knife over the normal knife?
  5. Iridar51

I'd really like to respect you, and have a meaningful discussion with you. Unfortunately, like you've proven many times over, and the OP just reinforces that once again, that you have no sense whatsoever. I'm not even gonna try anymore.
  6. TerminalT6

Same reason you would use any other directive weapon: they're flashier.
  7. Scr1nRusher

See how thats a problem?
  8. TerminalT6

I don't see how making one of them blatantly better than the rest is a fix to the problem.
  9. Scr1nRusher

Same.

Read the whole post, not just what I personally suggested.
  10. Scr1nRusher

They could make the directive knife activatable & glow when its active.(This is what I actually was suggesting and then my post screwed up and didn't include the rest of what I posted).
  11. Taemien

I have an idea, but I think I'd rather it be purchasable rather than unlockable.

But make it a weapon you actually use. Basically its a sword that you have to equip, you no longer have the quick knife ability. It does 667 damage (meaning it will two shot NW5). Its advantage over the knife, despite not being useable as a quick knife is that it will have a longer range.

Not sure how I'd handle head damage. 1.5x will still be a OHK on anyone but a shielded heavy. But I don't want to encroach on Shotguns with this. In otherwords I don't want a no-ammo shotgun available to everyone. Maybe 1.35x headshot multiplier.
  12. Flamberge

[IMG]
  13. Pikachu

Looks awesome but can't do much else than cut people. :L
    [IMG]
  14. CorporationUSA

Make it a miniature light saber, same noise and everything.
  15. Dirge.

I have the knife, and I am only BR 65ish. Making it that powerful would be giving a truly unfair advantage to a good portion of the player base. I appreciate that you are trying to make it better, but there are other ways to do so. Increasing range is one and allowing for activation when equiped would be a good buff, I think.
  16. Pikachu

Don't say such things. We like Scr1nrusher. >:[
    • Up x 1
  17. Scr1nRusher

If you saw another one of my posts in this thread I actually ment to suggest turning it into a actiavatable knife that glows.
  18. Regpuppy

This is essentially how the class directives work with flashy auraxium armor, so no. I don't see the problem. Directives are essentially an achievement system. Achievement systems tend to be mostly for bragging rights. If you feel getting the master level of a directive isn't worth it, then don't.
  19. Scr1nRusher

I'm talking about interms of weapons.
  20. Regpuppy

I am too. My argument was about achievement systems and their main purpose. Also, if this grind is ok for a flashy cosmetic armor, why is it not ok for a flashy and/or slightly different, but not more powerful, version of an existing weapon?