Can we get a tank buff without sacrificing anything please?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ColdSuit, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

Towers with A point inside them are a 2 way street of farming.

And that street should be torn up already.
  2. SamReye

The resource system needs to be changed for tanks to be able to have that much power again. I do NOT want to see an platoon of tanks with the old stats with Esamir capped and resource boosts. That would just be painful.

I do, however support epic tank battles, just so I can watch them from a distance.
    • Up x 2
  3. SamReye

Eh, I like the mobility and parkour-ishness you get in towers. Maybe thats just my inner LA channeling itself. I'd like to see the spawn point moved away from the tower, though, with A point activating a teleporter that gets the player close to defender's spawnroom.
  4. Scr1nRusher

All they have to do is take A point and stick it in a nearby structure.

Exactly like they did for the Crown & Crossroads.
  5. Stormsinger

I personally rather like the A-point-in-tower bases - To design otherwise never made any real sense to me, provided that there aren't many of them. Waaay too many of the new designs are overly attacker-friendly. I like the idea of highly defensible bases here and there things that take a disproportionate amount of population to take, if defended correctly. There should, however, only be 1-3 of these per continent, preferably at a choke point(s) near the center of the map.

Random idea: Point weighting - to avoid bogging down lattice lines to an insane degree, perhaps implement a time-based weight for the A point. When capped, an A point counts for 1/3 (in a 3 point base) ... after half an hour, that weight is reduced to 1/6 ... after an hour, the point is deactivated, and ceases to matter at all, becoming uncappable. This would make it so greater strategy is required when capping the base (Capping it late in an alert is a good thing, as you know it will remain defensible for a while - capping it early will force you to allocate more forces to defending it later, since you know it will be difficult to reclaim)

The same concept could be applied to biolabs, to reduce the meat-grinder affect they tend to have.
  6. Gammit

What the flying **** lack of any comprehensible logic did I just read here?
    • Up x 1
  7. Scr1nRusher

Its so simple to do.

Take the A point & stick it in a neaby structure/building.
  8. FateJH

Towering farming is most often used to refer to a singular unit - Light Assault or Infiltrator, usually - breaking into an otherwise fortified watchtower base and shooting people in the back on the second and third levels while they are occupied by the fight outside of the tower (for attackers) or by the fight towards the spawn shield (for defenders). Killstreaks are required for it to count.
  9. FBVanu

Really? Do you actually believe what you typed here? Tank's only purpose is to farm infantry to pad their stats?
    Tanks don't prevent enemies from capturing a base? Tanks don't defend their faction? Tanks don't help capture bases?

this is a troll post, right?
    • Up x 2
  10. Scr1nRusher

Your seeing the true mind of "infantrysiders".
  11. Sandi18

I've discussed (in the MBT's new secondary weapons forum development topic) about this same issues and problems that the tank pilots these days are facing it. I agree exacly with all that you said, its like everything was upgraded and the tank was left behind to oblivion/forgetfulness. I don't know why...but why they seems to not look at this problems? its right in front of their faces and written on the game data...

And we can add to the list of dumb/unbalanced things that kills tank this days the newest overpowered missles that ESF's use to destroy tanks (quoting you) "half way across the sky".... Even with a G30 Walker we don't even have time to destroy the most "weak" airplane on the game (unless they get real close to you...)...I think that someone thought "ohhh, how about we make ESF's better then MBT's?...", what its not even logical by the way...

And we tank pilots (that are playing for years this game), infantry mans and etc still need to hear that we are "bad or raging" while the real "bad ones raging" are the players using a unbalanced overpowered vehicle/weapon to win in cowardice...(the airplane in this example, but its not the only one unbalanced and everyone knows it...). Let's hope that they really read (like they say that they do...) what we real players are showing them to help the game become better...a simple problem that could be solved with a change in armor percentages or hp of ground vehicles...or less damage from certain weapons...simple mathematical problems...
  12. OldMaster80

Yep, the old stats were fine when we had the old resources system. If devs want to buff tanks again that's ok, but then resources system must change with tanks. Vehicles should be powerful but NOT spammable.

But we went to this point because tank pilots cried because they had to wait for the cooldown and they could not farm all day. That's the f****g problem.
  13. Scr1nRusher

In the Current RR vehicles actually are not spammable, and pull usages never changed from pre-RR levels.
  14. FateJH

The previous level were also seen as Vehicle spam by some players; so, maintaining the previous levels as the current levels, of course, would still be considered spam to the same people.

To be fair, it's not spam as much as is compression. Based on what I have seen, major vehicle fights between people who normally would pull vehicles used to be much more divided across the lifespan of a base assault / defense. After the Resource Revamp, it feels like people front load Vehicle fights by being able to pull that Vehicle much sooner whereas they would have normally waited to pull it later. That's why some people notice the phenomenon of encountering the same person "in yet another Vehicle" within the same fight more often, but the number of pulled Vehicles over-all has stayed consistent.

Edit: meanwhile, people who already did well tanking are unaffected by this. The players undergoing "the self-destructive learning process" just burn out faster.
  15. Scr1nRusher

Exactly.

So the Balance is still there.
  16. RadarX

The changes which were on PTS for awhile were reviewed and the armor buff was not the direction the team wanted to go. We do understand it has frustrated some folks and while our goal is to continually improve vehicle combat, this particular avenue is not on the table at this time.
    • Up x 6
  17. Beerbeerbeer

I just started playing again after a long, long time and frankly I hated the old ridiculously over-powered tanks.

I got fed up trying to move on foot anywhere outside of a base without instantly dying. I hated it. Leaving spawn rooms was impossible, it was utter stupidity. It got to a point where I just said to myself, screw it, and if you can't beat them, join them, and played nothing but tanks for a while.

It was so easy farming infantry and that's all I did. I honestly thought to myself, how many players nerd raged because of me? I can't count how many newbies I obliterated who were simply trying to leave spawn, unknown to the dangers of simply stepping outside. I bet most of them quit and never returned.

I hope those days never return. It was a massive oversight on SoE's part to even allow that state of the game to even exist in my opinion.
  18. Ronin Oni

what about something else then?

Coax would provide some needed self defense and individual inf killing power without the risk of adding more splash spam

Just feels like you made 1 change with the plan that it would be counter balanced by the next change which was subsequently dropped and then ignored.
    • Up x 4
  19. FateJH

It's a good thing you made the proper connection that "not within a base = dangerous position" for pure Infantry and pulled a vehicle youerself. What bothers me the most is that you want after the image of yourself in the enemy - their pure Infantry in your same vulnerable positions - rather than the target that had been causing issues for you and your allies when they were in vulnerable positions - the enemy Vehicle. If Infantry pulled Vehicles and used them like they needed to to and Vehicle drivers moved as pure Infantry and used them when they needed to, this whole nonsense of who is farming who could have been averted. The overlap would have been the unfortunate soul who had been trying to be "brave, but was foolish instead" and groups would have still be strong for the sake of being grouped-up.
    • Up x 1
  20. Scr1nRusher

The next change was never going to happen.

It was a bait and switch, simple as that.
    • Up x 2